Help How to beat Volcanion with Sylveon?

Its a very weird matchup. Most of the games against Volcanion that I've played are losses. They have the power to 1HKO you turn 2, and its really hard to come back from that. Even Energy Denial isn't effective, as they have baby Volcanions to get back energy. This is the hardest matchup I have (other than Metal decks, which are of course, auto losses.) I have beat them before, but is it possible to beat them consistently?

No. Before you could run vaporeon so you can fairy wind for weakness. But now there isn't much to do but hope you energy deny them hard before they start

Main win condition vs vokc would be to pull off the hando combo and start using fairy windig. This isnt a good grind out a game matchup

I think the best way to beat Volc w/ a Sylveon deck is to run a 4-3-3 line of Gardevoir :D

Delinquent can help but only if they have few cards in hand. Or you could plea and red card next turn potentially depending on their hand size.

I dnt see room for it in the deck. It isnt better than red card in tgat we can with 4 cards leave them top decking..if they have 6 in hand it doesnt do much for us than just simply shuffle their hand. The deck is tight with spots as it is and cant see atleast as of now how it betters the deck

What do you think of the new Peeping Red Card in Sylveon?
Maybe as a one of like Torment Spray.

When I used to play Sylveon, I would Plea whatever they were piling Energy on and Skull Grunt, then use hand denaial to keep them from drawing into their Energy, along with the usual Hammers/Flare Grunts.

Maybe as a one of like Torment Spray.

When I used to play Sylveon, I would Plea whatever they were piling Energy on and Skull Grunt, then use hand denaial to keep them from drawing into their Energy, along with the usual Hammers/Flare Grunts.
The arguments stated by Alphahitman4 make it seem like it isn't need, as Red Card can definitely do better. But Ill test either way.

Nothing wrong with playtesting it tosee its impact but as of bow I just dnt see more than situational impact but could be wrong.

Back