Help How to Beat Metagross With Gardevoir? I Feel Like Nobody Really Has the Answers to it

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
Now that Gardevoir has won Worlds, Metagross will be THE deck post rotation now that will look to counter it, and so I need ways to beat Metagross. Is Flareon rotating out? Im 0-3 vs Metagross and it just doesn't feel too winnable of a matchup. Idk what I can do. I wish Gardevoir didn't have a steel weakness.

flareon is rotating as it is part of ancient origins as for how to beat metagross it really depends on what deck you are playing the obvious answer is a fire deck, but that is unlikely to apply to you r personal deck

flareon is rotating as it is part of ancient origins as for how to beat metagross it really depends on what deck you are playing the obvious answer is a fire deck, but that is unlikely to apply to you r personal deck

I am using Gardevoir. :/ Yeah, good luck right?

you could tech weakness policies or maybe your game plan needs to be that tapu lele is your main attacker in the match up

Lol asking if flareon is rotating it doesn't matter regardless. Simply put there is no real tech against metagross it is your auto loss just like there's is volcanion. Just pray you dont get the matchup because there's no way to really win unless you Just go faster then them and they don't draw well at all

You win against metagross if his deck janks out, you lose if it doesn't. That's the matchup.

Weakness policy is a non-answer, field blower removes it. Also Flareon doesn't even work as is because it only boosts stages 1s, Gardevoir is stage 2.

I know we were discussing this on another thread. As everyone else has said, there really is no direct answer to it. Sure, Weakness Policy could help if it's not removed with Field Blower, but then the question becomes what do you remove to fit them in? And adding them in for one matchup reduces the consistency of the deck. You're best bet is to set up faster and have a little luck on your side that your opponent has a slow start.

I know we were discussing this on another thread. As everyone else has said, there really is no direct answer to it. Sure, Weakness Policy could help if it's not removed with Field Blower, but then the question becomes what do you remove to fit them in? And adding them in for one matchup reduces the consistency of the deck. You're best bet is to set up faster and have a little luck on your side that your opponent has a slow start.

Yeah, I guess I'm just fishing for answers that aren't really there. It's like Volcanion vs Greninja. It's just a bad matchup. I'm 32-12 online with Garde and I have only 1 Lele online. (which maybe is a big reason why I get some slow starts.) I might play this at some league cups. I'm not sure my chances but I know I've never lost a mirror match or lost to anything other than Metagross/Greninja. My other losses were just poor starts. It's a wonderful deck overall.

Yeah, I guess I'm just fishing for answers that aren't really there. It's like Volcanion vs Greninja. It's just a bad matchup. I'm 32-12 online with Garde and I have only 1 Lele online. (which maybe is a big reason why I get some slow starts.) I might play this at some league cups. I'm not sure my chances but I know I've never lost a mirror match or lost to anything other than Metagross/Greninja. My other losses were just poor starts. It's a wonderful deck overall.

It's definitely a strong deck, and the fact that it won Worlds makes it THE deck to beat going into the new season. It's the deck I'm currently running IRL and I switch between it and my Golisiopod GX deck online.

Now that Gardevoir has won Worlds, Metagross will be THE deck post rotation now that will look to counter it, and so I need ways to beat Metagross. Is Flareon rotating out? Im 0-3 vs Metagross and it just doesn't feel too winnable of a matchup. Idk what I can do. I wish Gardevoir didn't have a steel weakness.

Well, this doesn't apply to you, but in my deck I am running the promo Koko. Three Flips and Beldum is knocked out.

Well, this doesn't apply to you, but in my deck I am running the promo Koko. Three Flips and Beldum is knocked out.

That's assuming that Beldum isn't evolved into Metang or Metagross within those three turns... and that the Tapu Koko isn't knocked out... or that your opponent doesn't play something like a Guzma to disrupt you... or plays another Beldum...

A lot can happen in three turns and your opponent isn't likely to let that Koko sit untouched for three turns.

Is there a Outrage Reshiram in standard? I know we are getting one in shining legends. I'm trying to think of fire types that attack for colourless energy.

Honestly, I just forfeit if I see a Metagross deck. I've lost every time I played vs one and I'm not going to play out the 1% chance that I actually beat it.

This match-up really depends upon your play style. As a Stage 2, the card does not get going until at least turn 3-4. I play a rainbow deck, put in Salazzle, and pressure happens. For you Garbodor players, you can shut down the power and force it to lose resources. Weavile will also make this deck tremble thanks, to the Rule of Evil attack, which does 60 to EACH ABILITY Pokemon in play. Gardy is a 30-70 match-up because all the damage will be erased thanks to max potion. Very rarely you will see the deck power up on 2 turns. Depending on your play style, this match up will be a fun one.

Sylveon can also beat the deck with destroying resources for the fairy-type players too. That deck is faster, you if you target the resources right, hard game for them.

Run weakness policy at 2 because you're going to take a hit. I recommend you plan on outspeeding Metagross; so 3 Diancie is a good idea. If you're lucky by turn 2 you can start KO'ing with a speed build.

With my metagross build im on shotying things on turn 3 . So u need to understand ur weakness is metagross. Just like fire decks are mine. I beat them but npt often

Is there a Outrage Reshiram in standard? I know we are getting one in shining legends. I'm trying to think of fire types that attack for colourless energy.
But reshiram damage start at 20 and metagross one shot reshiram without FFB so you won't do more than 40 damage to metagross. And Gardevoir list doesn't have the space for reshiram and FFB(if it does not get field blower away) for that one matchup. I would rather play weakness policy especially with that registeel coming up in sm4

Back