How Popular Is Sigilyph?

Typhlosionwolf

Pokeman Coordinator ^^D
Now that Cities has started I'm just curious to know exactly how popular Sigilyph is. Like do lots of people actually stick it in their decks? Or is it a minority? Is it something I should be concerned about? (all my decks are straight up ex decks pretty much which is why I'm wondering)

It's something that's not uber-popular, but still must be prepared for. Expect to see a few at cities with the increased popularity of Landorus.

Sigilyph should see a rise in popularity since Blastoise/Keldeo doesn't really have a good attacker to deal with it. I would definitely recommend having at least 1 Pokemon in your deck that can deal with it. It's not enormously popular, but if you run into it, and you're not prepared for it, it can be a problem.

As had been said, it's not that great because it's so easy to work around, but it shows up as a one-of in some decks here and there. It's a good idea to run at least one non-ex attacker to stop it, and if your deck is all EX's you should be running a non-ex for the 7th prize rule anyway. Don't worry about it too much, but you should be including at least something that can stop it.

Just wondering what deck are you playing? Sigilyph is only really played in Hydreigon which is still a very popular and strong.It isn't really seen in any other decks besides maybe KlinkKlang which isn't even that popular anyways.

cf11 said:
Just wondering what deck are you playing? Sigilyph is only really played in Hydreigon which is still a very popular and strong.It isn't really seen in any other decks besides maybe KlinkKlang which isn't even that popular anyways.

There's also Ho-Oh.

Sigilyph is popular in my area as there are a few Ho-Oh decks and other Big Basic decks that it's just splashed into (and I'm talking about more than one Sigilyph, hoo boy).

I'd say it's definitely a tech though that is rarely played heavily, but you should definitely have an answer for it in every deck and know the situations where it could come up.

dmaster out.

I know I play Sigilyph because against Blastoise/Keldeo, it sometimes forces them to attach four energies to a Blastoise to KO Sigilyph. Then X-Ball, DCE, and Energy Switch KO's Blastoise.

I saw a lot of Sigilyphs yesterday at the CC I went to. In fact, one of my friends was ranting after round 5 because his opponent dropped four Sigilyph. So yeah, having at least one answer to it would be a good idea.

Sigilyph is a card that is definitely becoming more popular. Not only is it rising in popularity, but the decks that are carrying it seem to do extremely well at tournaments. Definitely be prepared to play against it no matter where you live.

Just out of Curisoity what areas are you guys in? Im in SE Wiscosin and getting prepped for another failyear. I'd like to atleast do well at one City this year...

The Quad Sigilyph idea seems very interesting.
Sigilyph is the only reason Zekrom is still in my Mewtwo Eel and is definitely viable at this time. Play a solid non-EX attacker and you should be fine, but it can ruin a game.

Back