How can one defeat Garbordor with Darkrai/Hydreigon?

Diet

In a dilemma
Hello everyone.
I've been playtesting Darkrai Hydreigon with friends and on PlayTCG, and I'm always against Garbordor. Always.
What is a strategy to counter it? I've tried 2 Tool Scrapper and that doesn't help too much.

Welp. Which Garbodor variant are you battling against? A combination of Catcher and Tool Scrapper should do the trick, but give us a little more.

^ Even then, your matchup is pretty bad. Not only can they OHKO Darkrais with Terrakion (The normal variant) but they can scrapper your eviolites. Also, they can catcher around your Darkrais, so make sure to not play down more than 2 at a time. No matter what, its a bad matchup that you hope you'll never be paired against.

@Serperior Garbordor/Terrakion really.
@iisnumber12 Ya, people who run Garbordor just LOVE catchering Hydreigon when it's up. lol.
@RougeChomp Ya, I don't get out the Darkrai EX's at all until I kill most, if not all, of their Garbordors/Tools. Ya, it's a very bad matchup, but Shaymin EX helps me a lot, being able to OHKO about 2-3 Terrakion's before I lose. :p

Keep in mind that every deck will have bad match-ups. In the tournament setting you may or may not face them. It all depends on the luck of the match-ups.

Going back to the topic if two tool scrappers isn't helping you can add 1 or 2 more if you have room for it.

Problem with 3-4 Scrappers is that it wastes space and only truly helps against a couple of decks.

You can, but if you only run 1, you may not always have it when you need it. Although, once you do geet it, you're fine. It's just getting the one tool scrapper that's the problem.

It all in the play style an what tools you run, the best way to approach the match-up is to;

1) run dark claw over Evolite, this will help you to pull off double terrakion knock outs by hitting one terrakion with 100+ and then a benched one for 30 and then catcher up the one with 30 damage and double knock out.

2) Do not bother with Hydregigon you cant get it out fast enough to do anything beside the attractive big 140 if its in your hand play it but other then that dont go out of your way to search for it or get it in play.

Yoou shoud be able to win by using Sableye to get back Scrapper and Catcher. 4 turns of this, and you win.

you shouldnt have problems with garbordor, tool scrapper is awesome! eviolite > dark claw in this match up. just keep playing against it 'till you figure out how to consistently beat it, "straight strats" will never help... every match is different and situational.

Back