• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Houndoom Prime - HG/SS On

Yakkov

Shiny Hunter, Event Collector, and Breeder
I don't really have a theme with this yet. But I am trying to figure out a decent dark build. Below is what I am thinking:

Pokemon

Larvitar is 51/95

Pupitar is 38/95

I think its Undaunted....

3-2-3 - Tyranitar Prime
2-2 - Mandibuzz
2-2 - Houndoom Prime
2-2 - Zoroark
2 - Sableye
2 - Unown (Dark)

Trainer

2 - Pokemon Communication
2 - Rare Candy

Supporters

2 - Professor Elm's Training Method
2 - Interviewers Questions
2 - Team Rocket's Trickery
3 - Pokemon Collector

Energy

10 - Dark Energy
4 - Special Dark Energy

Any Suggestions would be nice. Thank you!

RE: Dark Pokemon Deck - HG/SS On (Needs Main Pokemon in Thread Title)

Brobrobro.

Ok, so, first things first, it is generally a pretty awful idea to build decks around a type. However, you happen to be in luck, because two of the cards in your deck have real synergy: Tyranitar and Mandibuzz.
Houndoom is a really bad card. There's no reason to use it. I don't see much use for Sableye either. Unown Dark can probably go, too. The Trainer line should be redone. You can reduce the Zoroark line; it's a relatively situational tech. You can also get away with 1 Pupitar, even though 3-1-3 is a weird line.
How I would play the deck is attempting to spread with Tyranitar's Darkness Howl, so you can clean up later with Mandibuzz's Blindside.
So.

- 2-2 Houndoom
- 2 Unown Dark
- 2 Sableye.
- 1-1 Zoroark
- 1 Pupitar
(I'm taking all the Trainers out for now, but actually we'll end up using some of them)
- 2 Pokemon Comm
- 2 Candy
- 2 PETM
- 2 IQ
- 2 Team Rocket's Trickery
- 3 Collector
- 4 Dark Nergy (you won't need this many in the new build)
[-28]
+ 2-2 Mandibuzz (main attacker, maxed)
+ 3 Collector (I know I just said to take them out, but that's just to make it easier to work with.)
+ 4 Professor Oak's New Theory (HAND REFRESH)
+ 4 Cleffa (easy set up, early game)
+ 3 Switch (Ttar has a hefty retreat)
+ 3 Rare candy (again, I know I just took them out, bear with me)
+ 4 Junk Arm
+ 3 Pokemon Communication (I know, I know)
[+28]

Test these changes, figure out what you like and what you don't, make sure you're comfotable with the deck. I think my changes will make it a bit more consistent and effective now that it has a dedicated strategy in mind. Hope I helped!

RE: Dark Pokemon Deck - HG/SS On (Needs Main Pokemon in Thread Title)

6-Dimension said:
Brobrobro.

Ok, so, first things first, it is generally a pretty awful idea to build decks around a type. However, you happen to be in luck, because two of the cards in your deck have real synergy: Tyranitar and Mandibuzz.
Houndoom is a really bad card. There's no reason to use it. I don't see much use for Sableye either. Unown Dark can probably go, too. The Trainer line should be redone. You can reduce the Zoroark line; it's a relatively situational tech. You can also get away with 1 Pupitar, even though 3-1-3 is a weird line.
How I would play the deck is attempting to spread with Tyranitar's Darkness Howl, so you can clean up later with Mandibuzz's Blindside.
So.

- 2-2 Houndoom
- 2 Unown Dark
- 2 Sableye.
- 1-1 Zoroark
- 1 Pupitar
(I'm taking all the Trainers out for now, but actually we'll end up using some of them)
- 2 Pokemon Comm
- 2 Candy
- 2 PETM
- 2 IQ
- 2 Team Rocket's Trickery
- 3 Collector
- 4 Dark Nergy (you won't need this many in the new build)
[-28]
+ 2-2 Mandibuzz (main attacker, maxed)
+ 3 Collector (I know I just said to take them out, but that's just to make it easier to work with.)
+ 4 Professor Oak's New Theory (HAND REFRESH)
+ 4 Cleffa (easy set up, early game)
+ 3 Switch (Ttar has a hefty retreat)
+ 3 Rare candy (again, I know I just took them out, bear with me)
+ 4 Junk Arm
+ 3 Pokemon Communication (I know, I know)
[+28]

Test these changes, figure out what you like and what you don't, make sure you're comfotable with the deck. I think my changes will make it a bit more consistent and effective now that it has a dedicated strategy in mind. Hope I helped!

Hm.... I was thinking of adding in Emboar. But that I will hold off until Hydreigon in the next pack after next.

Anyhow, can you make me a list please. It'd be easier for me to follow. But I like your ideas. ^__^

Back