• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Houndoom EX / Bunnelby

Zaffira

Bird Keeper
Hello, I would like advice on this deck that makes discard the opponent's deck. This deck I found it on the internet but I am not convinced that there are very few cards Trick Shovel and Delinquent.

Pokèmon: 10
  • 3 Bunnelby PRC121
  • 4 Houndoom EX BKT
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Jirachi XY Promo
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 44
  • 4 Super Scoop Up
  • 3 Hard Charm
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Trick Shovel
  • 3 Head Ringel
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 N
  • 3 Team Flare Grunt
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Delinquent
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 2 Team Aqua's Secret Base
Energy: 6
  • 6 Fire Energy
Strategy:

Discard the opponent's deck with Houndoom EX and Bunnelby.
Jirachi used against the opponent's Pokemon to scrap the special energy and prevent damage to himself for a round.
The ideal coach would only have Bunnelby and Houndoom former so that disables the opponent Lysandre card (for this there are the Super Scoop Ups to take up Jirachi and Shaymin EX).

Last edited:
I went to the Pokemon League to play in this deck to my boyfriend and my friends have recomme:nded
- take off 3 Birch and put 3 Puzzle of Time
-take off 2 Enhanced Hammer and put 1 N (which will be reprinted) and 1 Puzzle of Time.

Yesterday made 7 games but unfortunately not against competitive deck but this deck is not blocked.

If you're eating time with Jirachi just to kill a special energy, you're wasting time milling their deck. I'd drop that Jirachi for Cassius

I actually went to States with a mill deck because I am a total jerk. I ended up placing pretty high, not top 8. Anyway drop Jirachi for sure, my list goes like this.
2 Durant (BKP 9)
3 Bunnelby (PCL 121)
2 Shaymin-EX (ROS 106)
3 Houndoom-EX (BKT 21)
4 Rainbow Energy (XY 131)
4 Fire Energy (XY 133)
1 Xerosic (PHF 119)
4 Ultra Ball (ROS 93)
4 Super Scoop Up (FUF 100)
2 Lysandre (AOR 78)
2 Professor Birch's Observations (PCL 159)
2 Assault Vest (BKT 133)
1 Super Rod (BKT 149)
2 Team Flare Grunt (XY 129)
1 AZ (PHF 117)
2 Judge (BKT 143)
3 Trainers' Mail (AOR 100)
4 Trick Shovel (FLF 98)
3 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)
1 Ace Trainer (AOR 69)
2 Enhanced Hammer (PHF 94)
4 VS Seeker (PHF 109)
4 Crushing Hammer (KSS 34)

Sorry it's a little mish-mashed, I copy/pasted from my TCGOne list.

Three words. Team. Rockets. Handiwork. This is a really good card for this deck, that can help a lot with consistency and speed. The effect of the card is you flip two coins, and for each heads, you discard a card from your opponents deck. It's definitely a risky card, no doubt, but in my list I have 2 spots devoted to this card. It really sucks when you get 2 tails, but when you pull off 2 heads, it's awesome. I also have 2 fiery torches, just to help with speed. I might end up taking those out tho, Cuz they are not really needed.

I actually went to States with a mill deck because I am a total jerk. I ended up placing pretty high, not top 8. Anyway drop Jirachi for sure, my list goes like this.
2 Durant (BKP 9)
3 Bunnelby (PCL 121)
2 Shaymin-EX (ROS 106)
3 Houndoom-EX (BKT 21)
4 Rainbow Energy (XY 131)
4 Fire Energy (XY 133)
1 Xerosic (PHF 119)
4 Ultra Ball (ROS 93)
4 Super Scoop Up (FUF 100)
2 Lysandre (AOR 78)
2 Professor Birch's Observations (PCL 159)
2 Assault Vest (BKT 133)
1 Super Rod (BKT 149)
2 Team Flare Grunt (XY 129)
1 AZ (PHF 117)
2 Judge (BKT 143)
3 Trainers' Mail (AOR 100)
4 Trick Shovel (FLF 98)
3 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)
1 Ace Trainer (AOR 69)
2 Enhanced Hammer (PHF 94)
4 VS Seeker (PHF 109)
4 Crushing Hammer (KSS 34)

Sorry it's a little mish-mashed, I copy/pasted from my TCGOne list.
If you play Durant , what is Bunnelby good for?

If you play Durant , what is Bunnelby good for?
In all truth I prefer to work around Houndoom, and plan on dropping it, when it comes down to it, Houndoom is only used for its tank-y properties, but a fighting fury belt fits suit. I would rather lose one prize at a time and discard 2 or 4 cards than lose two prizes, because at a late game build up against decks like Vesp/Vile or Night March, Houndoom is as squishy as Bunnelby or Durant. I kind of perfected the the Bunnelby/Durant idea right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ15DrpbBTk . This deck was pre-breakpoint thought.

How about Mew from XY10 and Dimensional Valley? You could play 4 Mew, 4 Durant and 2 Houndoom Ex so you can use the free Houndoom attack without cost of energy and the Durant attack with only one energy through the stadium card.
Mew – Psychic – HP50
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Beginning Memories
This Pokemon can use the attacks of each of your Basic Pokemon in play. (You must still have the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

[C] Encounter: Search your deck for a Pokemon card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0

How about Mew from XY10 and Dimensional Valley? You could play 4 Mew, 4 Durant and 2 Houndoom Ex so you can use the free Houndoom attack without cost of energy and the Durant attack with only one energy through the stadium card.
Mew – Psychic – HP50
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Beginning Memories
This Pokemon can use the attacks of each of your Basic Pokemon in play. (You must still have the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

[C] Encounter: Search your deck for a Pokemon card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0

I definitely like Mew in this deck! However, it would not be able to use Houndoom-EX's 'Melting Horn' for free as it requires [R] - Dimension Valley reduces Psychic Pokemon's attack costs by [C].

I definitely like Mew in this deck! However, it would not be able to use Houndoom-EX's 'Melting Horn' for free as it requires [R] - Dimension Valley reduces Psychic Pokemon's attack costs by [C].
But it's Mew who is the attacking so with copying the Houndoom Ex attack the cost is 0 because Mew is psychic.

But it's Mew who is the attacking so with copying the Houndoom Ex attack the cost is 0 because Mew is psychic.

Mew will still require [R] to use 'Melting Horn':

Mew copies 'Melting Horn', with its ability 'Beginning Memories'. 'Melting Horn' costs [R]. Dimension Valley reduces the attack cost of Psychic Pokemon by [C], but since there is no [C] in the attack cost of 'Melting Horn', it still costs [R].

Compare this with Mew copying Bunnelby's 'Burrow', for example, and you have a different story - as 'Burrow' costs [C], Mew can use the attack for free along as Dimension Valley is in play.

Mew will still require [R] to use 'Melting Horn':

Mew copies 'Melting Horn', with its ability 'Beginning Memories'. 'Melting Horn' costs [R]. Dimension Valley reduces the attack cost of Psychic Pokemon by [C], but since there is no [C] in the attack cost of 'Melting Horn', it still costs [R].

Compare this with Mew copying Bunnelby's 'Burrow', for example, and you have a different story - as 'Burrow' costs [C], Mew can use the attack for free along as Dimension Valley is in play.
If I assigned the Rainbow Energy to Mew, the Houndoom Ex attack cost is always 1 energy even if there Dimension Valley?

WastedSkyPirate is correct. Mew's ability allows him to use the attack of other pokemon as long as he has the required energy. Dimension Valley allows Psychic pokemon's attack to cost 1 [C] (colorless) energy less. Sadly Houndoom EX cost 1 [R] (fire) energy to play. However, Bunnelby's attack will be free, but pointless for mew to attack with it because he'll only get to attack once, where bunnelby can attack twice because of barrage. I believe mew will still be affective for durant and houndoom's attacks. Put rainbow energy on Mew he can then use either's attack for 1 rainbow energy. Of course it'd be more benefitial to use mew for Durant's as he'll mill 4 cards as compared to houndoom's 2.

That is actually a super cool idea, using mew with a bench durant to mill 4 cards per turn nearly at turn one, slap on a fighting fury belt and some super scoops and you are golden. Especially with the Rainbow energy, dang that's pretty good!

Back