Help Honchkrow bench damage deck

formula1man

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hi everyone. I am getting back into Pokemon after a long hiatus and am mainly focusing on the sun and moon sets but am happy to pick the odd card from older sets. I have never participated in competitive play and never built a deck to that standard. So I was wondering if an idea I have would work in competitive play and is viable.

The main objective of this deck is to use Honchkrow GRI Raven's Claw attack which does 10 damage times the number of damage counters on all Pokemon.
I have provided my card list idea below. Umbreon attacks the bench as well as doing 90 damage up front and is fairly easy to evolve. However I cannot decide between Noivern GX or Necrozma GX for my GX attack. Necrozma is a basic and uses colourless energy however I am not sure how GX-EX Pokemon will be utilised. Will there be 2 or 3 in play at any one time on a consistent basis or would Noivern doing damage to all Pokemon cause more total damage. As the object of this deck is to cause maximum damage across the board. I was also tossing up with Toxapex gx as there are ways to prevent damage to the bench. But I feel poisoning someone to revive 10 damage counters between turns is quite disruptive and will mean players will need to switch Pokemon, thus spreading the damage around the board. But would that work in practice.

I have also looked at Dusnkoir as I can force players to put basic Pokemon onto their bench and do 3 damage. However that is a stage 2 and I think will be too clunky. I also like Gengar from generations or Yveltal Break or Aegislash's sword pain but don't think they are viable to set up.

3 Murkrow
3 Honchkrow
2 Eevee
2 Umbreon GX
2 Tapu Lele GX

Either
2 Noibat
2 Noivern GX
OR
2 Necrozma GX
OR
Run with Toxapex GX