• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

honchkrow 150 damage on the 3rd or 5th turn hgss on

masqueraingoddess

I have a new deck idea everyday
3-3 electrode prime
2-2 ambipom tp
4-4 honchkrow ud (astonish murkrow)
4-4 weavile ud
4-4 sharpedo tp
34 pokemon

4 professor juniper (i know on my original deck i hated them but with this fromat i had to.)
4 sages training
4 ptem
2 pokemon collector
14 trainers

4 {D}
6 {D}
2 {C} {C}
12 energy

simple charge up honchkrow with energymite stall with weavile, ambipom, and sharpedo also attack with ambipom to get your hand freash from any dark type pokemon after that sweep with honchkrow

I'm not understanding how this deck works. How do you get dark pokemon into the discard for vengeance (I am assuming that is the Honchkrow you are using)? It seems way too slow to be dealing major damage any time fast enough for it to be worth it. Discarding 2 Dark pokemon with ambipom a turn means you aren't going to be hitting 100 for 5 turns, which is really slow.

My suggestion would to divert all attention from Honchkrow being the main attacker as even with 8 {D} pokemon in your discard pile you're only hitting for 80 base damage (not including damage modifiers) which, for 3 energy, is horrible. You'd be better off reducing the Honchkrow down to a 1-1 line or just remove it completely. Even if this is just a fun deck, there are alot better {D} pokemon i would suggest using over Honchkrow. Sharpedo TM would be a better attacker for the deck, though it's quite frail it has a nice one enrgy attack that can really destroy your opponents hand (really flippy, but this is a fun deck right?) Heck i would go as far to say use Liepard BW to do 60 damage for 2 energy (garanteed 70 with special {D} energy rom as early a T2) which in the long run is alot better than Honchkrow.

There are just some cards in this game which can be used, but it takes too much effort for very minimal gain. I'l give you a sample list if you do wish to remove Honchkrow from the equation:

3-3 Sharpedo TM
2-2 Weavile UD
1-1 Zoroark BW (would be mad not to include this)
2 Cleffa HGSS
1 Unown UD (Dark)

3 Team Rockets Trickery
3 Seeker
2/3 Super Scoop Up
2 Junk Arm

4 {D} special
5 {D}
3 DCE

Just a sample list. listing the important cards. using SSU/Junk Arm and Seeker to reuse Weavile as often as possible and with TRT giving you some slight draw power while adding to the whole hand disruption strategy.

Merely a suggestion. I know it takes away from the main point of the deck (using Honchkrow) but there is little hope for that particular Honchkrow with all the effort you must go through (and the prize you're giving up with energymite) just to make the card work.

Above Dark Void: Use Electrode Prime's Power to discard Dark type Pokemon while getting energy.

Back