Discussion Ho-Oh GX / Dawn Wings Necrozoma

optimal_max

Aspiring Trainer
Played against a good deck this weekend. Opponent had Ho-OH GX out first turn and Kiawe'ed him to full power with a Dawn Wings Necrozoma GX on the bench with a float stone.

By turn 2 he was hitting be for a consistent 180 (210 with band).

Needless to say I didn't last long, but with Field blowers, and a strong basic non-gx/ex to protect from Ninetales/Hoopa, could be a solid performer.

Would have to watch for Glaceon-GX, but since it is still a ohko it with a band, would not be an auto-loss.

Dude that is the best combo I've seen but no one else noticed. Good day to you

Just saying, I made this realization when dw necrozma was revealed so, yeah

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen Ho-Oh Gx getting a lot of play. I feel like if it gets a good start the deck is hard to beat.

Would have to watch for Glaceon-GX, but since it is still a ohko it with a band, would not be an auto-loss.

You may be forgetting that Ho-Oh has an electric weakness, rather than water like most fire. Still doesn't make glaceon less of a pain to combat, but not quite as bad.

On that note, it might actually work. I've also seen a bunch of golisipod doing the same thing to activate first impression.

That deck has allready done well in the regionals following ulp it's strat is sound but if you whif kiawe your done

You may be forgetting that Ho-Oh has an electric weakness, rather than water like most fire. Still doesn't make glaceon less of a pain to combat, but not quite as bad.

Yeah, I was thinking about the ability shutting down Necroz's ability, not Ho-oh having weakness to water.

That deck has allready done well in the regionals following ulp it's strat is sound but if you whif kiawe your done

That is true. If you have 4 ultras, 4 Leles, and 4 kiawes, that ups your chances of a 1st turn Kiawe, but you're right. If you don't hit one first turn, it's going to be an uphill battle.

Back