Ho-oh EX Variants

Baby_BI said:
I have never understood the reasoning for tech'ing in a Shaymin for the Keldeo match-up...
Shaymin EX only has 110 HP, which means a Keldeo EX with 3 Water energies (and this is what it needs to pull if its attack at a minimum basis) can OHKO it, so how does it help you in anyway???
It's for late game. You N, kill the Keldeo, and it's extremely unlikely your opponent has an answer, especially if you have Eviolite.

r3skyline said:
Seems so situational. Not really worth the risk.
It's not that situational. It sucks early game, it rocks late game. It's not just good against Blastoise.

I just had an epiphany, and it's that Dowsing Machine is SO much more broken than Computer Search in Ho-Oh ;)

Well, not that much more, but I have a cheap trick in mind with it.

Ho-oh is one of those decks that I actually think Dowsing Machine would work quite well in. Ho-oh often has to be very conservative with resources such as Energy Switch and Switch and it can relax a little if it's running Dowsing over Computer Search.

If you ask me Scramble Switch will completely make or break Ho-Oh... Get two rebirth flips, have one active, scramble switch + what ever amount of energy switch onto Mewtwo... Tons of damage. IDK, what do you guys think?

MrGatr said:
If you ask me Scramble Switch will completely make or break Ho-Oh... Get two rebirth flips, have one active, scramble switch + what ever amount of energy switch onto Mewtwo... Tons of damage. IDK, what do you guys think?
Seems like it'd be way too hard to pull off. You need two rebirth heads, Ho-oh in the active, Mewtwo on the bench, Scramble Switch, and 3 Energy Switch. All to get murdered by your opponent's Mewtwo.

I used it late game, and it's working great for me. But you never ever ever play 3 Energy Switch unless it's do or die, that just screws you in the face lol.

Okay, I want to play this deck for my next tournament and I have quiet a few questions for you guys so please help me out! :)

How many Ho-oh, 2 or 3?
How many Bouffalants?
3 Mewtwo right?
And do you have some basic tips for me? :D

MrGatr said:
I used it late game, and it's working great for me. But you never ever ever play 3 Energy Switch unless it's do or die, that just screws you in the face lol.
Just because you used it once late game doesn't mean you can consistently get it out. And to pull off what you were talking about, you would need 3 energy switch.

Baby_BI said:
Okay, I want to play this deck for my next tournament and I have quiet a few questions for you guys so please help me out! :)

How many Ho-oh, 2 or 3?
How many Bouffalants?
3 Mewtwo right?
And do you have some basic tips for me? :D

I say 3 Ho-Oh, but I've seen some people just use two, and I highly recomend 3 Mewtwo, although you could go a different route and use other stuff as a main attacker. Other than that, there are no real standards as far as Pokemon go.

What is this deck supposed to do against Plasma Kinklang? I don't think i've felt so hopeless against a deck. Not even Blastoise/Pony cause i could at least kill the squirtles and have a surprise Shaymin for Keldeo.

Boufflant and Sig just doesn't kill fast enough if they get a t2 kinklang out. Once they get it out i just feel like im waiting to lose. Im 0-5 against this deck so far. Lol. Any tips? This is my deck as of now

2 Ho Oh EX (DR 22)
2 Tornadus EX (DE 108)
1 Sigilyph (DR 52)
1 Bouffalant (DR 110)
1 Shaymin EX (ND 5)
2 Mewtwo EX
1 Terrakion

Trainers
4 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
4 Energy Switch (BW 94)
1 Tool Scrapper (DR 116)
4 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
4 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
2 Skyla (BC 134)
2 Aspertia City Gym (BC 127)
3 Super Scoop Up (BW 103)
4 N (NV 101)
1 Dowsing Machine (PS 128)
2 Hypnotoxic Laser (PS 123)
2 Cheren
2 Random Receiver

Energies
4 Double Colorless Energy (ND 92)
1 Water Energy (BW 107)
1 Fire Energy (BW 106)
1 Darkness Energy (BW 111)
1 Metal Energy (BW 112)
3 Psychic Energy (BW 109)
2 Grass Energy (BW 105)
2 Fighting Energy

Plasma Klinklang protects all metal types.

phillyrider807 said:
Boufflant and Sig just doesn't kill fast enough if they get a t2 kinklang out. Once they get it out i just feel like im waiting to lose. Im 0-5 against this deck so far. Lol. Any tips? This is my deck as of now

Have you tried the V-Create Victini? You're already running 4 Energy Switch, just add another Fire Energy and you should stand a chance against Klinklang.

Probably Victini would be the best choice. I've been playing around with Super Rod and Revive to get back some of the one-of techs. I think it would be a good idea since Victini is very easily KO'd.

The only way victini would work is if you can get it hitting fast enough, preferably when they hit you with Cobalion EX with 3 or less energies. Then you kill it, kill whatever has energies, and win. Or you just kill the PlasmaKlang then win.

I don't see how that match is going to be a terrible match. First off I don't see it being any good, as most pokemon can OHKO or 2HKO klinklang easily, and Tornadus EX Bouffalant, Terrakion, Hell even Ho-Oh does massive damage. Just get Ho-Oh attacking as fast as possible and set up Terrakion or Tornado or Bouff while your at it. The troubles I see if Garbodor variants becoming much stronger, is anyone else running 3 tool scrapper?

I've been trying to tech a Lugia EX into this deck, along with Plasma Frigate and Plasma Energy to try and cover weakness (especially for Mewtwo), but so far it hasn't been working. I don't know if I want to make it a focus and run 4 Plasma Energy, run just 1 or 2, or just drop the idea all together. Ideas or suggestions?

I only run one Tool Scrapper.

I'm still kind of worried in theory about Klingklang. OHKO'ing Klingklang is simply not an option. The only things that can OHKO it (that are worth mentioning (Basics)) are Reshiram and Victini. If you can get one turn in where your opponent does not have Klingklang up, you can take OHKO's anywhere you want. I think the general strategy should be obviously to prevent a Klingklang from going up. When that fails, try to KO the Klinks as your opponent lays them down with your non-EX's. Save Victini for once you whipe the Klinks off the board to OHKO Klingklang; then freely sweep with Ho-Oh. Thoughts on this method? Or is there a better way?

venasour x said:
I've been trying to tech a Lugia EX into this deck, along with Plasma Frigate and Plasma Energy to try and cover weakness (especially for Mewtwo), but so far it hasn't been working. I don't know if I want to make it a focus and run 4 Plasma Energy, run just 1 or 2, or just drop the idea all together. Ideas or suggestions?

That's a tough one. As I'm sure you know, having the played with Plasma energies, having 4 DCE's and 4 Plasma means half your energies aren't targets for Rebirth. Dropping the DCE's isn't an option, and just running one Frigate and Plasma will be inconsistent, not to mention ineffective since you'll need at least 3 Plasma Frigate because a lot of people will be discarding it with Virbank. I think if I were to go all out with Plasma Frigate and Lugia, I would use it with an Ether engine.

Back