• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

hgss - on zekark (Needs division in thread title)

tigel

Aspiring Trainer
This is my first attempt to a new deck. I've only played pokemon for 3 weeks now after a 10 year break. I'm having trouble with trainer/energy/pokemon percentages. I know the get a feel of this I'd have to play tons of games so it's tough for me. Having a strong magic the gathering background though helps with deck building. Also my trainer selection is limited as I don't know what's out there, what said trainers are good for, etc...

I'm also having a hard time picking what trainers are good and what aren't. I just want to be a heavy hitter/bench harass. However, I'm seeing that electrivire's energy cost seems really high and not worth it. I don't know. It has nice synergy with mandibuzz that's for sure. Trainer/energy amount is hurting me too. I think I've picked well, I'm basically running 8 lightning with the 4 rainbows. The dark costs on my pokemon is so minimal 4 specials and the off chance I need to use a rainbow is more than enough. Just getting energy in my hand will be the tough part. Also, I only have zekrom as a basic. Is that bad?

POKEMON [24]

4 Zekrom
4-4 zoroark
2-2 mandibuzz
2-2 electrivire
2-2 Cinccino

TRAINERS [20]

2 seeker
3 black belt
2 pokemon communication
2 lost remover
2 energy retrieval
3 Switch
3 pokemon reversal
3 professor elm's training method

ENERGY [16]

4 special dark
4 DC
4 rainbow energy
4 lightning energy

I say take out the cinccino line for four Pokemon collectors. They can help you get zekroms. Minus one black belt for a third communication. If you're in the position to use three black belts, I hate to say it but the game is probably over. The third communication is for consistency. That's all I got ATM
good luck.

Most decks have less then 22 pokemon (22 is alot) and are mostly focused on the trainer/supporter aspect. I like your energy line but you could -1 switch for another lightning but thats up too you.

Zoroark line should be smaller so 2-2 or 3-3 if you really dig him.. and then take out the cincino line or you can keep it but really thats up too you..take out 3 black belts and 2 lost remover

-1-1 or 2-2 zoroark
- 2-2 cincino
-3 black belts
-2 lost remover

+3 pokemon collector or dual ball
+3 Proffesor oaks new theory (This is draw power and to get rid of a bad hand)
+2 interviewers questions (Helps you get the energy you need)
+1 pokemon communication (Consitency)
+3 Pokeball (In this format this card is awesome, the only down side is the flip but its w/e)

This should enable you to get out energy more frequently along with basics and evolutions! Plus you have some decent draw power now.. Just try it out and see if you like it :D

|Phenom|

Back