• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

heylisten.dek - Fairies/Techs

RE: heylisten.dek - Fairies

Eron said:
Scorched Feathers said:
>Suicune/Mirror
DON'T REMIND ME ;w;
VirGen would kill the deck with those changes, and I updated my list while you were posting, it seems.
also 4 Shauna and Colress too manyeven though shaunas hawt
Why run Mew without Prism/Rainbow? :p

Right now, I need to find space for:
  • ShredQuaza
  • Mew-EX

Nobody runs PlasmaKlang here. It's tier 3, right?
I use MewEX without Rainbow...

And Maybe, you can hurt Genesect while in the bench and then use X blast. As well what if you add some rainbows and add Trevenant? So no more Colress Machine.

>Trevenant
You really want this deck to be inconsistent :p
What you said about hurting Genesect is my best strategy.

But you know Trevenant does 20 and 20 to bench...

Scorched Feathers said:
pokedan24 said:
If you're going to use Rainbow/Prism, might I suggest a Rayquaza DV? That would take care of opposing BKEX and Rayquaza EX while only giving up one prize in return.

Also, Mr Mime (PLF not the fairy one in X and Y) is never a bad choice.

That was what I was forgetting!
And eww Mr. Mime, I'm only gonna need it for the Darkrai matchup, I guess.

Darkness decks and any deck that can hit the bench. This means Plasma in addition to Fairies and others. Aromatisse is your engine and you need to protect it as much as possible.

If you want a rainbow decks why not totally go for that instead of the standard fairies stables? This would mean a well balanced mix between some of the best hitters that explore common weaknesses. Once this route has been taken ensure that Thundurus Ex is your starter. With the techs you have chosen it is hard to see what kind of theme or deck you want to counter.

Mew and Shaymin are bot easy ohkos for most decks now. I thus would run neither of them even in a raindow deck.

Dark Espeon said:
Scorched Feathers said:
That was what I was forgetting!
And eww Mr. Mime, I'm only gonna need it for the Darkrai matchup, I guess.

Darkness decks and any deck that can hit the bench. This means Plasma in addition to Fairies and others. Aromatisse is your engine and you need to protect it as much as possible.

If you want a rainbow decks why not totally go for that instead of the standard fairies stables? This would mean a well balanced mix between some of the best hitters that explore common weaknesses. Once this route has been taken ensure that Thundurus Ex is your starter. With the techs you have chosen it is hard to see what kind of theme or deck you want to counter.

Mew and Shaymin are bot easy ohkos for most decks now. I thus would run neither of them even in a raindow deck.

Right, but I'm not gonna touch a Rainbow deck. Too many cards to get *shivers*
I think I need
  • ShredQuaza
  • Mew-EX
  • Mr. Mime

Mr. Mime alone would be sufficient. Xerneas Ex and Xerneas non-Ex can hold their own with little to no techs. If you still want Prism Energy run Virzion Ex instead of the entire Slurpuff line and Keldeo Ex. You just need either of these three and each one has its benefits and shortcomings. No need to try to make the deck pull of multiple tricks and sacrifice a consistent and fast setup and recovery for it.

Dark Espeon said:
Mr. Mime alone would be sufficient. Xerneas Ex and Xerneas non-Ex can hold their own with little to no techs. If you still want Prism Energy run Virzion Ex instead of the entire Slurpuff line and Keldeo Ex. You just need either of these three and each one has its benefits and shortcomings. No need to try to make the deck pull of multiple tricks and sacrifice a consistent and fast setup and recovery for it.

I don't want this to be the most meta deck on earth, and I'm not made of money >.>
I need room for Mew-EX and Mime, but without removing both of my current techs. I will remove one, but not the other, essentially.

Hmm... I think I can survive with only 1 Skyla for 1 Mew-EX....
....need to take out something for Mr. Mime still.

Scorched Feathers said:

Actually I don't think Skyla is very usable for the deck, maybe for an Ultra Ball or Dowsing Machine, maybe the stadium.

Eron said:
Scorched Feathers said:

Actually I don't think Skyla is very usable for the deck, maybe for an Ultra Ball or Dowsing Machine, maybe the stadium.

Exactly. That's why I've taken 1 out :p
What should I get rid of for Mr. Mime?

Scorched Feathers said:
Eron said:

Exactly. That's why I've taken 1 out :p
What should I get rid of for Mr. Mime?

1 Level Ball

Scorched Feathers said:
Eron said:
1 Level Ball

What, and be down to 1? Doesn't sound too consistent. What other cards would you get rid of?

-1 Max Potion / unless you use Keldeo as wall to resist damage
or
-1 Ultra Ball

Hey, SF! I think the focus of this deck shouldn't be on Xerneas EX. It's attacks are pretty bad, and cost a lot of Energy. I'd take 1 out. I think you should focus the deck around the techs more. From what I can gather, you don't like Suicune? I would play one in this deck, but if you don't want to, that's your choice.

The Vir/Gen match up for this deck seems pretty pour. I think you can use that Xerneas we took out to put in an Entei EX (or maybe Victini, but I prefer the higher HP). It OHKO's Virizion and Genesect, and unless it get's G Boostered, you'll usually take 4 straight prizes with it. I think instead of Keldeo, you should be using Yveltal. It doesn't need Special Energies to do high amounts of damage, and has a better weakness.

I also think you need another Supporter. 13 is on the lower end of Supporter counts, and for a set up deck like this, you need Supporters early, or you're in trouble. I think you can take out a Muscle Band for another Skyla. Muscle Band doesn't really help with any of the math on your attackers anyway, and with Dowsing Machine, you can always get one back if you need it. Since you have 2 Skyla, you might want to take out a Fairy Energy for a Professor's Letter. Cards like that really make Skyla a great card. I also think your Aromatisse line should go up to 3-3, but I don't know what to take out.

Hope my advice helped you out, and good luck with this deck! I'll be trying out a Fairy deck sometime soon as well.

@MtC:
With Xerneas loading energy and Aromatisse moving it you get the EX loaded fast, after which it can X-Blast for 140+. Then it can finish off with a 60+ and 30 on the bench [or another X-Blast through free retreat and Aromatisse&other X-EX or just Keldeo, if needed], and next turn X-Blast whatever it hurt with 140+ into oblivion. Heal with Max Potion & Aromatisse. How is it not good as the focus?! o-o

Muscle Band helps for OHKO on 30 weakened Pokémon with X-Blast (30+140+20 = 190). OHKO on any EX or any 170 HP EX WITH the new Eviolite thing.

Teal said:
@MtC:
With Xerneas loading energy and Aromatisse moving it you get the EX loaded fast, after which it can X-Blast for 140+. Then it can finish off with a 60+ and 30 on the bench [or another X-Blast through free retreat and Aromatisse&other X-EX or just Keldeo, if needed], and next turn X-Blast whatever it hurt with 140+ into oblivion. Heal with Max Potion & Aromatisse. How is it not good as the focus?! o-o

Muscle Band helps for OHKO on 30 weakened Pokémon with X-Blast (30+140+20 = 190). OHKO on any EX or any 170 HP EX WITH the new Eviolite thing.

Because almost everyone plays Mr. Mime, and even if they don't, if they just leave the EX active you can't use Breakthrough to finish it off. And you can heal off any Pokemon with Max Potion in this deck. That's not exclusive to Xerneas EX.

I agree that Muscle Band is good in this deck; I just don't think 3 are necessary. And I also think Xerneas EX is worth keeping in here. It's good against non EX attackers and against decks that don't play Mr. Mime.

Welp, fair enough, I'm not used to nerfed Catcher format as I said before. Though first I might try stuffing 3 or 4 nerf-Catchers in this deck instead to catch those Mimes.

I'd remove the Slurpuff line in place for 2 Virizion-EX and 2 DCE. Virizion is just smaller and does the same thing if you're running Prisms. DCE is just nice to use on Xerneas EX because you can get the T2 Break Through.

Machamp The Champion said:
Hey, SF! I think the focus of this deck shouldn't be on Xerneas EX. It's attacks are pretty bad, and cost a lot of Energy. I'd take 1 out. I think you should focus the deck around the techs more. From what I can gather, you don't like Suicune? I would play one in this deck, but if you don't want to, that's your choice.

The Vir/Gen match up for this deck seems pretty pour. I think you can use that Xerneas we took out to put in an Entei EX (or maybe Victini, but I prefer the higher HP). It OHKO's Virizion and Genesect, and unless it get's G Boostered, you'll usually take 4 straight prizes with it. I think instead of Keldeo, you should be using Yveltal. It doesn't need Special Energies to do high amounts of damage, and has a better weakness.

I also think you need another Supporter. 13 is on the lower end of Supporter counts, and for a set up deck like this, you need Supporters early, or you're in trouble. I think you can take out a Muscle Band for another Skyla. Muscle Band doesn't really help with any of the math on your attackers anyway, and with Dowsing Machine, you can always get one back if you need it. Since you have 2 Skyla, you might want to take out a Fairy Energy for a Professor's Letter. Cards like that really make Skyla a great card. I also think your Aromatisse line should go up to 3-3, but I don't know what to take out.

Hope my advice helped you out, and good luck with this deck! I'll be trying out a Fairy deck sometime soon as well.

You may be right on Xerneas-EX, as I don't really like the steep cost myself. I do like Suicune, but I won't touch it with Silver Mirror, as VirGen scares me. I think I'll invest in Victini-EX for MOAR ACCELERATIONZ!!1, but I'm probably not going to touch Yveltal-EX, although I may when the Tins release. On your other suggestions, I'm not sure if I want more supporters, but I might in future.

Blui said:
I'd remove the Slurpuff line in place for 2 Virizion-EX and 2 DCE. Virizion is just smaller and does the same thing if you're running Prisms. DCE is just nice to use on Xerneas EX because you can get the T2 Break Through.

eh, I'm not a big fan of Virizion, and it's pretty expensive. I think I'll pass. Also, I'm using Slurpluff because it's a 1-Prize Virizion, that will work with all of my Energy. Right now, I'm thinking of these changes;

-1 Max Potion
-1 Xerneas-EX

+1 Mr. Mime
+1 Victini-EX

Thoughts?

Machamp The Champion said:
Because almost everyone plays Mr. Mime, and even if they don't, if they just leave the EX active you can't use Breakthrough to finish it off. And you can heal off any Pokemon with Max Potion in this deck. That's not exclusive to Xerneas EX.

I agree that Muscle Band is good in this deck; I just don't think 3 are necessary. And I also think Xerneas EX is worth keeping in here. It's good against non EX attackers and against decks that don't play Mr. Mime.

That is one more reason Fairies want three Muscle Band and 3 Laser. With the exception of Virizion decks the laser allows Xerneas Ex to ohko most Pokémon Ex. It is not the status effect of Laser that is relevant here. If Plus Power would still be in this format Fairies would run Plus Power instead of Laser but at the moment Laser is the only option to ohko most Pokémon Ex.

Back