Hero’s Cape ACE SPEC Revealed from “Cyber Judge!”

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
A new ACE SPEC has been revealed from Japan’s Cyber Judge, which will release in Japan on January 26th alongside Wild Force. We expect the cards from these sets to become part of our Temporal Forces set in March.
Hero’s Cape – Trainer
Pokémon Tool (ACE SPEC)
The Pokémon this card is attached to gets +100 HP.
You may attach any number of Pokémon Tools to your Pokémon during your turn. You may attach only 1 Pokémon Tool to each Pokémon, and it stays attached.
ACE SPEC: You can’t have more than 1 ACE SPEC card in your deck.

Continue reading...

I believe Prime Catcher still outclasses this by a long shot, but the fact that it just says "Basic" scares me a little bit. I'm glad we don't have Tag Teams anymore in standard.

Otherwise, a 320HP Miraidon seems funny.

Edit: ANY Pokemon. 440 HP Eternatus Vmax! 430HP Charizard! Holy!

Last edited:
I believe Prime Catcher still outclasses this by a long shot, but the fact that it just says "Basic" scares me a little bit. I'm glad we don't have Tag Teams anymore in standard.

Otherwise, a 320HP Miraidon seems funny.
It's not just Basic Pokémon. I borrowed wording from Bravery Charm and for a split second had failed to cut out the word "Basic". It's fixed now.

It's not just Basic Pokémon. I borrowed wording from Bravery Charm and for a split second had failed to cut out the word "Basic". It's fixed now.
Weeeeeellll that switches things up a bit. I think a tank deck would absolutely love to have this card even more than Prime Catcher.

God I can't believe I have to keep saying that. Why did they have to print something like Prime Catcher...

What I'm thinking is Max Potion, it also let you get that +100 HP tempo advantage. A Tool prevents an OHKO, but OHKOs aren't that prevalent in this format (and also you can discard it/Lost Zone it), so this card is worse than Max Potion. This card is definitely a victim of powercreep, 100 HP ain't that hot anymore and isn't relevant outside of specific gimmicks (like Gardveoir getting a higher damage threshold).

As long as lost vacuum exist this card should never see play outside some specific cases in controll decks. (Gardevoir provvalet doesn’t need this and would prefer to play a different ace spec)
This will likely be the result. It'll also be even more specific because any strategy that can use a 1-prize pokemon for the stall win-con, like how some decks were already experimenting with Regieleki looped by Penny, will use Luxurious Cape and devote the Ace Spec to something else.

If you cannot manipulate how many Lost Vacuum an opponent has during the game yourself, you are playing this tool as some meta call where the +100 HP matters enough and opponents aren't running Lost Vacuum that often, or hoping they just toss away Lost Vacuum thinking they won't see this card. Then, you need a deck where you can beef up a pokemon by 100 HP to matter and force the opponent to need to KO it to win.

But who needs a meta call for a tanky attacking deck when Ace Spec Yo Boi Guzma doesn't have to worry about anything I said above?

Plus Giratina VSTAR and Roaring Moon ex can OHKO right through it anyway.
And there’s no good tool recovery in the format rn; the best we have is roseanne's backup which is klunky at best.

With this item card you can boost a venusaur ex's hp to 440
And you can also boost it to 500 with a kricketune from astral radiance

Thats wild lol

Luxurious Cape minus all drawbacks. It's still hard to see this being played over Prime Catcher, but some decks that REALLY want that extra 100HP over Guzma would play it. If you want, it's a no-brain replacement for 1-of Luxurious Cape or Bravery Charm. Maybe it's time for Gardevoir to lean on Scream Tail more.

Great.

More StallLax tools...

...Any form of Luxorious Cape w/o the 2 prize drawback benefits StallLax by putting it out of Minior 1HKO range w/o Mawile LOR, and emboldens the ban callers even more... But if anyone is enraged over not being able to retreat w/o trainers such as switches, then they need to play more and complain less: Turo's scenario and/or Penny can be used to pull pokemon from play to conserve resources for the long game by limiting catcher targets in case StallLax threatens to lock your board up...

As long as there are ways around a card, one card can't make a deck as broken as, say, Shaymin-EX, Sableye w/ junk hunt, among other proven-to-be broken cards, right?

Last edited:
Great.

More StallLax tools...

...Any form of Luxorious Cape w/o the 2 prize drawback benefits StallLax by putting it out of Minior 1HKO range w/o Mawile LOR, and emboldens the ban callers even more... But if anyone is enraged over not being able to retreat w/o trainers such as switches, then they need to play more and complain less: Turo's scenario and/or Penny can be used to pull pokemon from play to conserve resources for the long game by limiting catcher targets in case StallLax threatens to lock your board up...
Stallax will probably still play the prime catcher Guzma over this. Literally every deck will run prime catcher lol

Back