• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Help with Vika Bulu

Salshred

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all! I just wanted some opinions on a more optimized Vika Bulu list.

Here is what I have been playing around with:

Pokémon: 15

3 Grubbin
2 Charjabug
3 Vikavolt
3 Bulu GX
1 Oranguru
1 Koko GX
2 Lele GX

Trainers: 33

4 Sycamore
4 N
4 Guzma
3 Skyla
2 Brigitte
4 Rare Candies
4 Choice Band
2 Float Stone
2 Energy Recyclers
1 Rescue Stretcher
3 Field Blower

Energy: 12

7 Grass
5 Lightning

I have played about 10 games on PTCGO with the deck the other night. When its hot, its hot! Getting the turn 2 Vikavolt and choice band combo for the OHKO is awesome. But when its not hot, it just seems to run out of steam quick. I'm not sure if its just my play or if it is the nature of the deck. Also not sure if Octillery would be better over Oranguru. Maybe make some cuts for a 2-2 Octo line? Also unsure on the Koko GX. Its a great sneak attack for the Gardevoir matchup if you can drop it at the right time. Being able to OHKO an energy loaded threat out of nowhere is cool. But if you start it in the active... It can be brutal.

Anyway, Id appreciate any feedback. I love getting insight into how people play certain decks. And I love experimenting with different archetypes to see how they run. Right now I love Zoroark Golisopod, and have been playing it heavily. So its nice to try something new.

Thanks for the input!!

I would add in ultra ball. If this is a mistake, don't worry, I have done it many times before ;-;. I think 3 skyla is on the high side. Here is the changes i would make:

-2 Skyla
-Tapu Koko GX
-Guzma
-1 Brigette

+4 Ultra ball
+1 Tapu Koko Promo

I play a similar deck to this one IRL (working on an online version). Compared to yours, it has the following differences:

• -2 Charjbug
  • -1 Tapu Koko GX
  • -4 Professor Sycamore
  • -1 N
  • -2 Guzma
  • -2 Float Stone
  • -2 Choice Band
  • -1 Energy Recycler
  • -1 Rescue Stretcher
  • -1 Field Blower

• +2 Tapu Koko Promo
  • +1 Lillie
  • +4 Ultra Ball
  • +2 Heavy Ball
  • +4 Puzzle of Time
  • +3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • +1 Switch
Promo Koko is very good at throwing around spread damage early in the game, Puzzle of Time can be used to get the cards you want where you want them (or out of the discard), Fighting Fury Belt can help with longevity and KOs, and having some Ultra Balls and Heavy Balls around really helps out with your early-game problems. I actually don't do Sycamore in this deck because it can put too much energy in your hand when you mostly want it to stay in your deck. I got my idea for this deck from an article I found online whose author racked up a ton of championship points from, so it must be pretty good and I've had good luck with it myself and plan to take it to a tournament on Saturday.

I would add in ultra ball. If this is a mistake, don't worry, I have done it many times before ;-;. I think 3 skyla is on the high side. Here is the changes i would make:

-2 Skyla
-Tapu Koko GX
-Guzma
-1 Brigette

+4 Ultra ball
+1 Tapu Koko Promo

Yes I forgot to add the ultra balls :)

I have 4 ultra ball, 3 N, 3 Sycamore, 3 Guzma, and 2 Skyla, 3 Candies, and also 1 copy of max potion

I play a similar deck to this one IRL (working on an online version). Compared to yours, it has the following differences:

• -2 Charjbug
  • -1 Tapu Koko GX
  • -4 Professor Sycamore
  • -1 N
  • -2 Guzma
  • -2 Float Stone
  • -2 Choice Band
  • -1 Energy Recycler
  • -1 Rescue Stretcher
  • -1 Field Blower

• +2 Tapu Koko Promo
  • +1 Lillie
  • +4 Ultra Ball
  • +2 Heavy Ball
  • +4 Puzzle of Time
  • +3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • +1 Switch
Promo Koko is very good at throwing around spread damage early in the game, Puzzle of Time can be used to get the cards you want where you want them (or out of the discard), Fighting Fury Belt can help with longevity and KOs, and having some Ultra Balls and Heavy Balls around really helps out with your early-game problems. I actually don't do Sycamore in this deck because it can put too much energy in your hand when you mostly want it to stay in your deck. I got my idea for this deck from an article I found online whose author racked up a ton of championship points from, so it must be pretty good and I've had good luck with it myself and plan to take it to a tournament on Saturday.

Do you ever run into Garbotoxin problems with only 2 field blower?

Back