• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Help With non-GX Roguish Deck

Noah9825

Aspiring Trainer
Long story short, this is the deck I evolved to over 1000 games on PTCGO. I didn't want to adopt a meta deck, so started with the water cards I had and kept tweaking. I originally had Keldeo in as the main attacker, but it's better suited as a #2 and eventually found that Malamar fit the deck perfectly since it requires only one DE and, as importantly, the sleep ability frequently disrupts my opponent early in the game.

After adding Shaymin and Tapu Lele the win percentage vs high level decks was pretty consistently in the 60-63% range. Once it got into the range where my opponents were using all FA/SR card meta decks it would go on a short losing streak (or, worse, win a few games and then go on a longer losing streak) and get bumped back down -- but it was better than the decks in that lower range, so would climb again. Rinse/repeat.

The overall idea of the deck is to use Malamar to disrupt and, ideally, from T3 on to scale damage on Malamar using trick coins to help with consistency. Pre Shaymin/Tapu Lele the deck was very vulnerable to fast setup decks, but those cards helped a lot. While it might struggle in the early part of games, the Blastoise/Superior ERT combo makes it very tough late. It's a great deck for coming from behind and I won a ton of games by taking the last five or six prizes. It's also a deck that required a lot of ad hoc decision-making, which I like.

Anyhow, the writing is on the wall in the GX era. The win % is under 60% for recent games and more and more it just feels outclassed. I suspect it will dip below 50% soonish.

I'd like to know if anyone sees a way to incorporate new cards to make it almost competitive again, or if I'll have to retire it.

##Pokémon
* 3 Malamar-EX PHF 58
* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Keldeo-EX BCR 49

* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

* 2 Squirtle BCR 29
* 1 Wartortle BCR 30
* 2 Blastoise BCR 31

##Trainer Cards

One-off Supporters: