• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Help with Ho-Oh deck

phillyrider807

Aspiring Trainer
Hey. This is my first deck back in the competitive game. I played alot around the neo sets but stopped. A friend of mine got me back in it and with plasma gale releasing soon i thought it would be a good time to get my deck tweaked.

I really like playing ho-oh. This is my deck as of now. Any help is appreciated.
Pokemon
2 Ho Oh EX (DR 22)
2 Tornadus EX (DE 108)
2 Sigilyph (DR 52)
2 Bouffalant (DR 110)
1 Shaymin EX (ND 5)
1 Zekrom (BW 114)

Trainers
4 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
3 Energy Switch (BW 94)
2 Tool Scrapper (DR 116)
4 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
4 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
2 Skyla (BC 134)
2 Aspertia City Gym (BC 127)
3 Super Scoop Up (BW 103)
2 Enhanced Hammer (DE 94)
2 Eviolite (NV 91)
4 N (NV 101)
1 Dowsing Machine (PS 128)
2 Hypnotoxic Laser (PS 123)

Energies
4 Double Colorless Energy (ND 92)
2 Lightning Energy (BW 108)
1 Water Energy (BW 107)
1 Fire Energy (BW 106)
1 Darkness Energy (BW 111)
1 Metal Energy (BW 112)
3 Psychic Energy (BW 109)
2 Grass Energy (BW 105)

-2 Enhanced Hammer; No real synergy, and you don't have extra space to throw around.
-2 Eviolite; Tool Scrapper. I just feel there are better things to include before Eviolite,
-2 Ligtning Energy
-1 Sigilyph
-1 Boufalant
-1 Zekrom
-1 Tool Scrapper

+2 Mewtwo; Amazing with Ho-Oh energy acceleration. Revenges other Mewtwo, and just a good all around attacker.
+2 Bianca
+2 Random Receiver
+2 Fighting Energy
+1 Terrakion; The only thing Zekrom was really doing was OHKO'ing Tornadus EX, and he's not a real threat. Darkrai would be the Pokemon to tech against because of its sheer prevalence, and the healing with Darkrai can be very annoying.
+1 Energy Switch; Four is a staple in Ho-Oh lists.

Hope this helps!

Back