• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Help me with deck

Unlacedking

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 4 Alolan Vulpix BUS 27
* 2 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28
* 1 Alolan Ninetales-GX GRI 132
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33
* 2 Tapu LeLe GX
* 1 Tapu Fini-GX BUS 39

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 4 N PR-BLW BW100
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 1 Shauna FCO 111
* 1 Mallow GRI 127
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 104

##Energy - 16

* 14 Water Energy 3
* 2 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69

Total Cards - 60

I’ve used online and have won 5 in a row not sure if I should use for tournament on Saturday

Probably Pokemon Ranger. I also think replace Shauna with another Sycamore, replace Team Flare Grunt with another Brigette, replace 2 Water Energy with 2 Double colorless energy, and replace 2 nest ball with a third Brooklet Hill and a Special Charge.

-Hmm... You really don't need any Brooklet Hill since you have brigette and Lele. Also, if you start with Alolan Vulpix, you can just search for what you need.

-Nest ball is unnecessary for the same reason listed above.

-Having 1 of any supporter besides brigette is a bad idea, therefore, you should take out Shauna, Mallow, and Pokemon Ranger. None of these cards really help you too much.

- You have wayyyyy to many energy in this deck. You can only use Aqua patch 4 times so that means that you would need to manually attach 10 of your energy to even do anything with them. This won't help you at all and will become dead draws.

- You need the 4 DCE so that you can use Blizzard edge twice in a row (discard DCE instead of water energy and simply attach one more DCE or water energy to attack again). This also lets you use Ice blade immediately without waiting to attach another water energy next turn.

-Guzma and Koko are good to help you pull up Pokemon from your opponents bench. You guzma your Ninetales for Tapu Koko Promo and then use the free retreat to bring back your Ninetales.

- Float stone is good in case your Octillery gets brought up to your active. You currently have 0 Guzma in your list and 0 Float stone so you would just be stuck while your opponent sets up. Float stone is also good late game so that you can retreat your Alolan Ninetales without having to discard a water energy. Resources late game should be more limited and having an extra water energy could mean the difference between winning and losing.

- Espeon EX is there for obvious reasons. You can poke things with Ice Blade to set up knock outs when someone evolves with rare candy.

- Alolan Ninetales BUS should not be the main attacker in your deck, but it comes in handy when your opponent runs only basics (such as Volcanion). You may even consider cutting your Alolan Ninetales to 1, but that is your choice. Same thing with fieldblower, you can cut your count down to 1 if you'd like.

- If you decide to go with the advice mentioned above, you can cut 1 field blower and 1 Alolan Ninetales BUS for 2 Acerola. This will help you stall longer so you don't necessarily have to use your GX attack right away. You can simply Acerola a hurt Alolan Ninetales GX that has a DCE attached to it and swap it out with an Alolan Ninetales GX on your bench and attach the DCE to attack again.

-1 Tapu Fini GX
-2 Brooklet Hill
-1 Team Flare Grunt
-2 Nest Ball
-1 Shauna
-1 Mallow
-1 Pokemon Ranger
-6 water energy

+2 Ninetales GX
+2 Tapu Koko Promo
+1 Espeon EX
+1 Rescue Stretcher
+1 Professor Sycamore
+2 float stone
+2 Double Colorless Energy
+1 Field Blower
+3 Guzma

-Hmm... You really don't need any Brooklet Hill since you have brigette and Lele. Also, if you start with Alolan Vulpix, you can just search for what you need.

-Nest ball is unnecessary for the same reason listed above.

-Having 1 of any supporter besides brigette is a bad idea, therefore, you should take out Shauna, Mallow, and Pokemon Ranger. None of these cards really help you too much.

- You have wayyyyy to many energy in this deck. You can only use Aqua patch 4 times so that means that you would need to manually attach 10 of your energy to even do anything with them. This won't help you at all and will become dead draws.

- You need the 4 DCE so that you can use Blizzard edge twice in a row (discard DCE instead of water energy and simply attach one more DCE or water energy to attack again). This also lets you use Ice blade immediately without waiting to attach another water energy next turn.

-Guzma and Koko are good to help you pull up Pokemon from your opponents bench. You guzma your Ninetales for Tapu Koko Promo and then use the free retreat to bring back your Ninetales.

- Float stone is good in case your Octillery gets brought up to your active. You currently have 0 Guzma in your list and 0 Float stone so you would just be stuck while your opponent sets up. Float stone is also good late game so that you can retreat your Alolan Ninetales without having to discard a water energy. Resources late game should be more limited and having an extra water energy could mean the difference between winning and losing.

- Espeon EX is there for obvious reasons. You can poke things with Ice Blade to set up knock outs when someone evolves with rare candy.

- Alolan Ninetales BUS should not be the main attacker in your deck, but it comes in handy when your opponent runs only basics (such as Volcanion). You may even consider cutting your Alolan Ninetales to 1, but that is your choice. Same thing with fieldblower, you can cut your count down to 1 if you'd like.

- If you decide to go with the advice mentioned above, you can cut 1 field blower and 1 Alolan Ninetales BUS for 2 Acerola. This will help you stall longer so you don't necessarily have to use your GX attack right away. You can simply Acerola a hurt Alolan Ninetales GX that has a DCE attached to it and swap it out with an Alolan Ninetales GX on your bench and attach the DCE to attack again.

-1 Tapu Fini GX
-2 Brooklet Hill
-1 Team Flare Grunt
-2 Nest Ball
-1 Shauna
-1 Mallow
-1 Pokemon Ranger
-6 water energy

+2 Ninetales GX
+2 Tapu Koko Promo
+1 Espeon EX
+1 Rescue Stretcher
+1 Professor Sycamore
+2 float stone
+2 Double Colorless Energy
+1 Field Blower
+3 Guzma
Old but what if I don’t have Bridgette , as well any suggestions to run agains gardevoir ???

Old but what if I don’t have Bridgette , as well any suggestions to run agains gardevoir ???

I would strongly suggest to find one. Brigette is a very powerful card, which is why it is used in almost every single Meta deck in standard. You can try using Pokemon Fan Club, but that only gets you 2 basic pokemon to your hand.

I would strongly suggest to find one. Brigette is a very powerful card, which is why it is used in almost every single Meta deck in standard. You can try using Pokemon Fan Club, but that only gets you 2 basic pokemon to your hand.
I will look for a couple , so how does this nine tails deck or my ho-oh \ Volcanion deck be against gardevoir ?.

I briefly looked at your Ho-Oh deck and your list seems very inconsistent. Most players are either using Ho-oh/Salazzle GX or Turtonator/Volcanion. You are mixing too many cards together which makes the deck clunky. You do not need Baby turtonator for any list, its just not a good card. Nest balls are pretty bad as well and you don't use choice band in the Volcanion variant of the deck. Plus, with so many energy attached Gardevoir can easily 1HKO almost anything that you play.

I think Ninetales is the better bet if you are trying to beat Gardevoir GX. Using 1 DCE is enough to start poking damage and Gardevoir would need 4 energy attached to 1HKO you with a choice band. Without Choice Band, they would need 5 energy attached. You can also simply Ice Path GX to transfer all the damage they did to you back on to Gardevoir GX.

I briefly looked at your Ho-Oh deck and your list seems very inconsistent. Most players are either using Ho-oh/Salazzle GX or Turtonator/Volcanion. You are mixing too many cards together which makes the deck clunky. You do not need Baby turtonator for any list, its just not a good card. Nest balls are pretty bad as well and you don't use choice band in the Volcanion variant of the deck. Plus, with so many energy attached Gardevoir can easily 1HKO almost anything that you play.

I think Ninetales is the better bet if you are trying to beat Gardevoir GX. Using 1 DCE is enough to start poking damage and Gardevoir would need 4 energy attached to 1HKO you with a choice band. Without Choice Band, they would need 5 energy attached. You can also simply Ice Path GX to transfer all the damage they did to you back on to Gardevoir GX.

Can you send me a deck list of what you suggest I run for nintails and my slazzle ho-oh deck ?

And the reason I was run a combo for the ho-oh deck was because I didn’t want to use Lele

My suggestion for a Ninetales GX deck is already posted here. Take out and add what I suggested and that is my list for Alolan Ninetales GX.

I don't have a deck list for Ho-Oh/Salazzle as I do not play that deck at all. You can follow this link to see one of the top 8 Ho-oh/Salazzle Decklists from Hartford regionals. it looks like you're going to need Lele for either version of Volcanion if you want it to be truly competitive.

My suggestion for a Ninetales GX deck is already posted here. Take out and add what I suggested and that is my list for Alolan Ninetales GX.

I don't have a deck list for Ho-Oh/Salazzle as I do not play that deck at all. You can follow this link to see one of the top 8 Ho-oh/Salazzle Decklists from Hartford regionals. it looks like you're going to need Lele for either version of Volcanion if you want it to be truly competitive.
Since I don’t have Bridgete or espieone ex what should I put in

How many in total energy should I have

Back