• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Help me tune this malamar Deck for the Team Up meta

Zamuron

Aspiring Trainer
So i am going to a special event in France, and i have had no experience with the new meta so if some of you could help me tune this deck for me.
I might be able to get some cards, since I'm going to league tomorrow, but I don't have too many cards myself.
So I'm thinking of adding marshadow GX and gengar and Mimikyu ttgx, although I would have too borrow a marshadow.
Anyway, here's the list:

Pokemon:
4x Malamar FOL 51/131
4x Inkay FOL 50/131
2x Necrozma GX BUS 63/147
2x Tapu Lele GX GUR 60/145
1x Giratina SM151
1x Onix LOT 109/214
1x Dawn Wings Necrozma GX ULP 63/156
1x Chimecho CRI 43/111
1x Mimikyu GUR 58/145
1x Oricorio GUR 55/145

Trainer:
4x Cynthia
3x Lillie
3x Guzma
2x Sightseer
4x Mysterious Treasure
4x Ultra Ball
2x Acro Bike
2x Rescue Stretcher
1x Freind Ball
3x Escape Board
3x Choice Band

Energy:
2x Double Colorless Energy
9x Psycic Energy

Also the reason I only have 2 sightseer is that I don't like the card very much. I tried playing 4 at a league cup, and it was horrible. I might take them out for other draw supporters.
I probably can't play jirachi, since it's so widely used that people won't have copies they can loan out.

Also if someone could tell me a little about what team up has done to the meta please inform me.

Have you looked at the OCIC results? Oceania has lots of Malamar decks, both Psychic and Ultra variants, to look at; while the decks didn't win, they certainly had plenty of top 50 results. Ultra may be better than Psychic right now because of the GX attack really tearing a hole in Jirachi and Lost March decks.

first thing i see is you need to be playing viridian forest

second thing is 2 lele is unnecessary

imo minimum:
-1 lele
-1 oricorio
-2 sightseer(tested this card it's bad)

+3 Viridian Forest
+ 1 marshadow GX

also look into erika's hospitality

and probably cut the onix only needed in malamar shrine

Back