Help me guys,,,Booster picking tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
m0nster1nc said:
It's the holofoil layer, but you might only notice it with a drug trading scale.  Or something as sensitive.

you r totally messin' with me aren'tcha

Black Winged Gengar said:
lol, you'd look kinda suspicous bringing one of those into a store... or a card shop that gives the packs from behind the counter. "May I see about 20 packs?" "That will be..." "No, I don't want to buy them all, I want to weigh them!!" "Uhh..." *Pulls out scale* *o_O*

well i dunno about that one

beautiful-swablu said:
They might be slightly heavier but it is probably not a lot different. Also some would feel a bit embarrassed asking to weigh booster packs. I know I would!

well you gotta point...ARRRRGGGHHH * ponders when to get the real answer (-_-*)

have you tried bending the boosters . i once heard that if you bend the boosters you could tell if it has an ex or not . i was having trouble getting pokemon ex for a while and and came across a topic on this forum from a person that had a similar problem so i started reading . they said that the boosters that usually are a little harder to bend are the ones that have pokemon ex . at first i though that was kind of stupid and ignored it, but then after buying booster after booster without succsess i was desprate and decided to try it . i went to the store tried it with a whole bunch of boosters and guess what , i pulled 3 pokemon ex in a row from 4 boosters ! if you really want a pokemon ex you might want to try it but i dont recomment it . it s kind of annoying because you have to go trough a whole bunch of boosters and you cant really tell much of a diffrence when your bending them.

i also recommend trying to trick your mind into not wanting an ex or at least not wanting them as much. i dont know why but im always getting things when i dont ask for them. theres been times where i just have given up on getting certain things and decide to appreciate what i have and deal with it . i tell myself that i should be grateful for what i have because there is probably more people out there in this world that are less fortunate and compared to them im the lucky one. then all of a sudden the next time i go to the store i get an ex! and even the next booster i get usually has an ex! but then as i get my hopes and expectations up all of a sudden i get the worst luck ever and start getting the worst cards. its weird.

then there is also the other method ive tried that has worked well for me . i dont know why but i belive in that whole stupid luck thing . sometimes i just assume i have ran out of luck and decide to tell any of my siblings to pick out a booster pack for me . and guess what, it works almost every single time. my brother got me a booster that contained a charizard from base set, and my sister got me another charizard from base set, a charizard from crystal guardians, and 4 pokemon ex from fire red leaf green! the only problem is that they rarly ever want to do the favor for me.

...yes im weird, what about it?

I bought packs at Wal-Mart last week and pulled 2 ex's.

furiouswildcat said:
have you tried bending the boosters . i once heard that if you bend the boosters you could tell if it has an ex or not . i was having trouble getting pokemon ex for a while and and came across a topic on this forum from a person that had a similar problem so i started reading . they said that the boosters that usually are a little harder to bend are the ones that have pokemon ex . at first i though that was kind of stupid and ignored it, but then after buying booster after booster without succsess i was desprate and decided to try it . i went to the store tried it with a whole bunch of boosters and guess what , i pulled 3 pokemon ex in a row from 4 boosters ! if you really want a pokemon ex you might want to try it but i dont recomment it . it s kind of annoying because you have to go trough a whole bunch of boosters and you cant really tell much of a diffrence when your bending them.

i also recommend trying to trick your mind into not wanting an ex or at least not wanting them as much. i dont know why but im always getting things when i dont ask for them. theres been times where i just have given up on getting certain things and decide to appreciate what i have and deal with it . i tell myself that i should be grateful for what i have because there is probably more people out there in this world that are less fortunate and compared to them im the lucky one. then all of a sudden the next time i go to the store i get an ex! and even the next booster i get usually has an ex! but then as i get my hopes and expectations up all of a sudden i get the worst luck ever and start getting the worst cards. its weird.

then there is also the other method ive tried that has worked well for me . i dont know why but i belive in that whole stupid luck thing . sometimes i just assume i have ran out of luck and decide to tell any of my siblings to pick out a booster pack for me . and guess what, it works almost every single time. my brother got me a booster that contained a charizard from base set, and my sister got me another charizard from base set, a charizard from crystal guardians, and 4 pokemon ex from fire red leaf green! the only problem is that they rarly ever want to do the favor for me.

I actually did the thing you said in the second paragraph. I bought 3 packs, and the first 2 had no EX's, so before I opened the last one, I was like: "I'm not gonna get an EX...", and before you know it, I was looking at a Groudon EX (CG)! That's the only time it worked, though. lol

I bought 72 packs from Wal-mart (DF) and 2 boxes.

In the two boxes, I got the average 7 exs.

In the walmart packs i got one ex.

I think that Wal-mart/Traget packs are cheaper because the chance of getting an ex is nearly 1/72.

I am from Malaysia too. By the way, if you are going to buy a booster box, get it from Singapore. It is much cheaper even though after conversion. It is like RM70-RM90 cheaper.

~L.O.D~

furiouswildcat said:

I've always bended the packs...That's how I got Latios ex d. But I still don't get it...Some people say soft boosters other says hard boosters...

Yeah, and that's how I got my Tyranitar ex d. But it's actually no diffrence, since you pick the booster first then only think you won't get it. It just depends on which pack you open first.

My dad said he'll help me open a pack from my box of DF, so I let him pick one. Guess what he got? Flygon ex d! Hmm, maybe I should try this next time...
Oh yeah, I saw my friends mother helping him choose a booster because he has enough points to redeem one (our tourney uses points), and got a Vaporeon ex! Strange...

I'm kinda weird too!

Flygon said:
furiouswildcat said:

I've always bended the packs...That's how I got Latios ex d. But I still don't get it...Some people say soft boosters other says hard boosters...

Yeah, and that's how I got my Tyranitar ex d. But it's actually no diffrence, since you pick the booster first then only think you won't get it. It just depends on which pack you open first.

My dad said he'll help me open a pack from my box of DF, so I let him pick one. Guess what he got? Flygon ex d! Hmm, maybe I should try this next time...
Oh yeah, I saw my friends mother helping him choose a booster because he has enough points to redeem one (our tourney uses points), and got a Vaporeon ex! Strange...

I'm kinda weird too!

i like my packs HARD and not bendy too. :p

m0nster1nc said:
What are you talking about?  Do you go poking them to find out?

lol. no. what r u talking about? poking packs? no he would never do something as embarassing as that. instead, he bends them with dignity and pride, lol.

Okay, here's a way to get good cards:

First pack a pack into a pack, then send it to a pack of wolves, 4 days later the pack returns the pack, then open the pack in the pack and get good cards.

Real Answer: My theory is that the machine stuffs in an ex every 6 boosters, so i buy 6 boosters at a time, close to each other, and it works. I get good cards and crawdaunt ex in 6 packs of HP, all together in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back