Help in Making a Mega Houndoom-EX Deck

Oupas

Aspiring Trainer
I need help starting a M Houndoom Deck. These are the only cards I can think of using right now:

4x Houndoom EX(BREAKthrough 21)
2x M Houndoom EX(BREAKthrough 22)
4x Burning Energy(BREAKthrough 151)
2x Houndoom Spirit Link(BREAKthrough 142)
X amount of fire energies

Any suggestions are welcome!

You could run emboar from legendary treasures. Keeps a flow of energy in case you can't get the burning energy.

Sure, maybe I'll try emboar. How bout victini ex?

Last edited:
i'd say Blacksmith / Battle compressor combo is more reliable
since M houndoom does 160 damage, i'd try to fit in lasers to hit the 170
also, a i think a 3-3 line would be better, with 3 links as well

Sure, maybe I'll try emboar. How bout victini ex?

It honestly depends, if you are playing Standard then Emboar and Victini EX are both cards not in the current rotation. Expanded they are legal. But in this case Emboar and Victini EX are both not very viable options for this deck as it only requires two energy. Running around 2-3 three Blacksmith should be more than enough for the deck as most decks run VS Seeker. If you do opt to run Blacksmith, then running Battle Compressor is another great option as it will allow you to discard the Fire Energy to set up Mega Houndoom EX. Good techs for the deck would be cards like Combat Blaze Entei amd Team Magma's Camerupt. Stadium wise I would run Scorched Earth as it will provide energy acceleration and draw power. Fiery Torch is also on my list for this deck.

If you do expanded with Lasers, Running Virbank may be a better option then as poison damage deals thirty damage compared to ten.

Good luck and have fun! I hope this helps!

A few thoughts for your consideration:

2-2 Octillery - to provide supplemental card-draw suppport since your once per turn use of a Supporter may be devoted to using Blacksmith

1-2 Entei (ANO 14) - non-EX Pokémon secondary attacker

1-2 Entei (ANO 15) - non-EX Pokémon secondary attacker, but can inflict some significant due to its AT that allows it to attach up to 2 Tools (e.g., Assualt Vest, Hard Charm, Muscle Band, etc.)

3-4 Blacksmith - provides Supporter-based, energy-attachment acceleration

1-2 Energy Retrieval - should you need R energy to use Scorched Earth

1-2 Level Ball - to help get your Remoraid out faster

4 - Professor Sycamore - strongest card-draw Supporter that also "dumps" your hand (perhaps several R energy)

3-4 Scorched Earth - also provides supplemental card-draw support, as well as be a counter Stadium to your opponents' Stadiums

4 Ultra Ball - allows you to search your deck for needed Pokémon, as well as discard certain resources (e.g., R energy and/or Supporter) that you will recover later

4 VS Seeker - allows you to retrieve and reuse discarded Supporters, especially Blacksmith

The above list of suggested cards can be used in both Standard and Expanded formats. Lastly, if you check the Deck Garage Forum, I believe there may be a few Houndoom decks posted. These particular threads may also give you some further ideas.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back