• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Help a Bro With His Reshiphlosion :)

NinjaSamurai

☆☆Yeah☆☆
Hey guys, so I'm gearing up for Cities and I just want to make sure my list is good enough. One big thing I would like someone to address is what I should take out for Eviolite(s). So yeah, help would be appreciated.

Pokemon:
4-2-4 Typhlosion Prime (Cyndaquil from HGSS)
4 Reshiram BW
2-2 Ninetales (Vulpix from UL, Ninetales from HGSS)
1 Cleffa (CL)

Total: 19

Trainers/Supporters:
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Professor Juniper
3 Sages Training
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Rare Candy
3 Junk Arm
1 Switch
3 PlusPower
1 Revive

Total: 29

Energy:
10 Fire Energy
2 Rescue Energy

Total: 12

Strategy: Basic Reshiphlosion strategy. Get a Typhlosion, Reshiram, and hopefully a Ninetales set up as quickly as possible. Start doing Blue Flare by turn 2 and recover every turn due to Typhlosion's Afterburner.

Thank you :D.

CrystalBumpClearBkgrnd400.gif

Anyone?

You could take out the Revive, with 4 Reshirams and 2 Rescue Energies I don't think it's so useful: put instead maybe a Super Rod, which helps a lot against Tornadus (who kills your Quilavas and Cyndaquils early game). Oh, and, if your metagame is full of Gothitelle or trainer lock decks, try to use a Druddigon: once put as active, if your opponent will attack you, with 120 damages you're going to kill it.

^You have a good point. However, do you think I should I put an Eviolite instead of Super Rod, because there's a good reason to add either of them. And I think I might throw in Druddigon last minute if I feel it is necessary. Thank you :D.

In Reshiphlosion I believe Engineer's Adjustments > Ninetails. Both get Fire Energy to the discard, but Engineer's lets you draw 4, while Ninetails only lets you draw 3. Also Ninetails is merely Catcher bait in this format, so I would try Engineer's over Ninetails.

I think Ninetails is better than Supporters. You use both, of course, but through testing I think Ninetails is better. You should try both ways yourself.

EonEye99 said:
I think Ninetails is better than Supporters. You use both, of course, but through testing I think Ninetails is better. You should try both ways yourself.
I agree because you cant really reuse Engineer's adjustments whereas Ninetales can be used every turn unless it gets KOed

Yeah, I agree about the Ninetales thing. Like, I understand the Engineer's Adjustments argument, however, it helps me always have a way out. Like, I don't want to give away my turn's supporter away for something that Ninetales can basically do. Besides, Sage's, juniper, and Ninetales get fire in the discard pretty well.

Well the thing about Engineer's Adjustments is that you might need a different supporter and can't draw into it with EA, because you will have used that spot. With Ninetails, you can use that and then a supporter you draw into. It also gives you options because you can sages and roast reveal in one turn, thinning out your deck and only requiring one energy in hand.

Magnevire said:
Well the thing about Engineer's Adjustments is that you might need a different supporter and can't draw into it with EA, because you will have used that spot. With Ninetails, you can use that and then a supporter you draw into. It also gives you options because you can sages and roast reveal in one turn, thinning out your deck and only requiring one energy in hand.
This.

Anybody else? Please?

But well, do you really think Ninetales is so useful? It's been ages since I play ReshiPhlosion, and I never need it: first turn Collector (I advice 2 Pokegears), to have in play 2 Cyndaquils, a Reshiram and a Cleffa (it could be useful later or immediately, but keep it in your hand because it helps a lot), second turn a Typhlosion:
- Candy+Typhlosion/Communication in hand (shuffling the Cleffa in the deck)
- Candy+Sage
- Cleffa during the first turn, and you'll probably get what you need
The main purpose of Cleffa is to have a Candy in your hand, because with 4 Sages, 4 Communications and 4 Typhlosions the chances of getting what you need are huge. Obviously what I've just explained doesn't happen everytime, but with a solid list (important: not more than 11/12 energies) you have large possibilities.

To finish: play at least 2 Pokegears. A Collector for the first turn and a Sage for the second are a must, and with Pokegear (and, if needed, Junk Arm) your consistency will increase a lot.

Hope I helped, bye!

Balboa said:
But well, do you really think Ninetales is so useful? It's been ages since I play ReshiPhlosion, and I never need it: first turn Collector (I advice 2 Pokegears), to have in play 2 Cyndaquils, a Reshiram and a Cleffa (it could be useful later or immediately, but keep it in your hand because it helps a lot), second turn a Typhlosion:
- Candy+Typhlosion/Communication in hand (shuffling the Cleffa in the deck)
- Candy+Sage
- Cleffa during the first turn, and you'll probably get what you need
The main purpose of Cleffa is to have a Candy in your hand, because with 4 Sages, 4 Communications and 4 Typhlosions the chances of getting what you need are huge. Obviously what I've just explained doesn't happen everytime, but with a solid list (important: not more than 11/12 energies) you have large possibilities.

To finish: play at least 2 Pokegears. A Collector for the first turn and a Sage for the second are a must, and with Pokegear (and, if needed, Junk Arm) your consistency will increase a lot.

Hope I helped, bye!
Hmmm, you bring up some good points. I guess I got some PlayTCG testing to do later. Thanks :).

Ummm, Eviolite would help because it keeps a limited amount of damage on Reshiram and isn't the point of this deck Blue Flare anyway? The occasional Outrage is fine but Blue Flare is the focus in Reshiphlosion. Rocky Helmet just damages your enemy and with Zekrom and Kyurem out there who might be heavy Outrage users, isn't that kind of dangerous? (Plus, Zekrom has the move that damages himself) I would keep Ninetales since it doesn't take away Supporter space like Engineers Adjustments does.

Back