• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Hellfire (Darkrai/Infernape)

Violetwisp

Arrogant Prick Who Theorymons Too Much
An idea I had to counteract my deep and not fully rational fear of PlasmaKlang decks against my Darkrai Deck. And you know what, Plasma Ape is amazing!
Pokemon: 12 (Basic 8)
3 Darkrai EX
2 Sableye
3-1-3 Infernape (PLS) [Nothing notable on Chimchar, Monferno has a catcher like attack][Infernape{Team Plasma}: {R} Stage 2, 130 HP.
{C} Torment:30:Choose 1 of the Defending Pokémon's attacks. That Pokémon can't use that attack during your opponent's next turn.
{R}{C} Malevolent Fire 120: Discard all Energy attached to this Pokémon.
Weakness {W} Resistance {} Retreat {}(Yay, free retreat with or without darkrai)] (Essentially destroys any metal types, which normally would wall my previous build entirely with Klinklang (PLS)'s ability that blocks all damage from EXes on all metal pokemon once it is out. Also trades fairly well with EXes in general, especially with the ability to seal off their attacks.)

Supporters: 11
4 N
3 Skyla
3 Professor Juniper
1 Colress

Trainers: 24
Computer Search
3 Pokemon Catcher (junk huntable, so 3 is fine)
3 Rare Candy
3 Dark Patch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Energy Switch (Move energy to Infernape in order to Malevolent Fire consecutively.)
2 Hypnotoxic Laser (I love this card, and it sets up kos on 170 Hp EXes after one torment if they choose to stay in and attack.)
2 Dark Claw (I prefer this to Eviolite, but that is also an option.)
1 Level Ball (Skyla for Sableye, Chimchar or Monferno)
1 Energy Retrevial (get fire energy back directly to re-power infernape)
1 Energy Search (Skyla option for Energy)
1 Super Rod

Stadium: 1
Virbank City Gym [Increases poison damage by 20 per turn.] (Counter stadium to plasma frigate and skyarrow bridge, increases Hypnotoxic Laser's power to allow for easier KOs on big stage 2s or EXs)

Energy:1312 (I can't maths)
7 Darkness Energy
5 Fire Energy

What I'd like to include but couldn't make room.
Energy Search
Mewtwo EX. (Not overly necessary, because Infernape actually seems to handle mewtwo fairly well)
Maybe some type of Ether engine, if anyone can figure out how that can work well.
Broken Time Space, oh, wait.

Potential alternative:
Replace infernape with ninetales. (Pros: No need for rare candy, no need to discard energy, built in catcher. Cons, needs a heads on hypnotoxic Laser in order to kill the EXes klingklang runs, lower HP, retreat cost.

So, thoughts, comments, concerns?

P.S. If you read the title and didn't start singing Hellfire from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, I pity you.

RE: [Near Future] DarkFire (Darkrai/Infernape)

If you just want a way to get around Klingklang, Benchtini works pretty well as a tech.

Mora said:
If you just want a way to get around Klingklang, Benchtini works pretty well as a tech.

That's how it started, but the more I looked at it the more I like Infernape. The only thing that takes it out very easily is KeldeoEX, which admittedly is extremely common, but if they only have one out, you can just torment it so it can't hit you. Plus, I really dislike Benchtini. It's extremely fragile, and I don't think I could fill my bench easily with my other deck. If Collector was still in the format then Maybe, but without an easy way to consistently pull out all my basics, it's not worth it.

you're list is really good and has a good machup across the board beside from blastoise but here is some changes you might want to think of

-2 Level ball (you have 5 possible search cards)
-1 energy retrival (you have super rod)

this leaves 4 spaces you can add either because 7+5=12 not 13

4 hypnotoxic laser (you wanted that in)

or

1 chimchar (easier to get out infernape)
1 rare candy (easier to get out infermape)
2 mewtwo (deal with blastoise)

hope i healped

superpokemon321 said:
you're list is really good and has a good machup across the board beside from blastoise but here is some changes you might want to think of

-2 Level ball (you have 5 possible search cards)
-1 energy retrival (you have super rod)

this leaves 4 spaces you can add either because 7+5=12 not 13

4 hypnotoxic laser (you wanted that in)

or

1 chimchar (easier to get out infernape)
1 rare candy (easier to get out infermape)
2 mewtwo (deal with blastoise)

hope i healped

Oh, I had an extra space? I'll have to fire my calculator.
I dislike the idea of taking out ALL the level balls, simply because I love having a sklya option to grab a chimchar or sableye if I need it. I love options, I like to play with a ton of options, I run a search card for one card for arceus's sake. Maybe losing one is ok, but not both. I do love hypnotoxins though, So I think I'll add at least two. I'll have to debate taking out the retrieval, as I like the idea of grabbing the fire energies directly back rather then shuffling them in.
Thank you for your suggestions / critiques
-Violet

Well then,

-1 Plasma Ball; You can already Skyla for Infernape with Ultra Ball which gets energy into fhe discard pile.
-1 Catcher; I assume you Junk Hunt a lot.
+2 Juniper; This is a Darkrai varriant.

If you don't want 3 Juniper, you could add just one and Virbank so that Infernape OHKO's the likes of Hydreigon and Blastoise.

Ok, so overall changes to base list so far

-1 Catcher
-1 Plasma Ball [easy choice considering we're not even getting it this set :(]
-1 Level Ball
-1 Random Reciever
And I derped and left one space free

+1 Juniper
+1 Energy Search
+2 Hypnotoxic Laser
+1 Virbank City Gym

So, better, worse, the same? And am I over-estimating Infernape by too much? I know I must be by some extent, but he does seem really good.

Back