heeeelp meeee

M.A.S.S.

master advanceshipper shipper
how do i connect to the internet using nintendo wifi connetction with the mario cart game?

First you need a router and a cable internet connection.  Start up Mario Kart DS and go through the following:

Nintendo WFC > WFC Settings

Tap the big blue button and it will take you to your ready screen.  This will show the 3 access points that you can use to access the Wi-Fi.  Click on one that does NOT say 'Ready' and you'll be taken to a screen with 3 blue buttons.

Tap the 'Search for an Access Point' one while having your DS fairly close to your router.  It will start searching for an access point.  Sometimes it will fail, and depending on your router, it may give you more than one access point.

You want to select one with a strong signal, but you also want one with a blue unlocked lock symbol.  Once you select one, you'll be prompted to start a test connection.  This identifies the IP of the connection.  Once it connects, just back out and you'll be back in the game.  You're all set now!

If you do not have a router you can still use Wi-Fi, but you'll need the Nintendo Wi-Fi connector accessory which is sold at Best Buy or other major electronic stores.  It's about $30.  I don't remember if you still need cable internet or not, but the only difference in setting up your connection is that you would select the "connect using Nintendo Wi-Fi device" or something like that.

If both of those fail, then you are limited to the free hot spots that Nintendo offers.  McDonalds has several of them across the nation, as well as most businesses, but other than McDonalds connections, they are usually locked.

EDIT: I also want to point out that certain routers will change your IP number or access settings from time to time, causing an error to occur when trying to connect. If this happens, select the signal that's giving your problems and try to test connect it. If it fails, delete the connection and set up a new one by following the steps that I gave you.

yeah, great huh? But obviously you want to find yourself a strong signal, otherwise you'll keep cutting out :p

Well, if you're going to buy the router purely for the DS, then... ya shouldnt lol. There are wireless hotspots all over the place (and you can use 'em for free! yay!) so just find one of them and you're sorted :)

hmm... well, I'm not so sure about that. You can see the signals strengh via the little icon thingamajig though, so dont fret lol

Back