• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Haxorus/Gabite, a serious deck idea

Joltic

Aspiring Trainer
With the release of plasma blast shortly upon us and plasma still looking a strong competitor. This deck puts plasma in its place.

The list:

3 gible
3 gabite
4 axew
3 fraxure
3 haxorous (PLB)
2 coballion EX
1 keldeo EX

4 juniper
4 N
3 Colress
2 Skyla

4 catcher
4 level ball
3 float stone
3 silver mirror
2 rare candy
1 computer search

4 blend (WFML)
3 fighting
4 metal

Now the strategy of this deck is to use gabites ability 'dragon call' to get out haxorus ASAP. If you are not familiar with what haxorous does, here is an explanation:

Haxorus - Dragon - 140 HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Fraxure
[M] Dragonaxe: 40x damage. Does 40 damage times the amount of [M] Energy attached to this Pokémon.
[F][M] Strike of the Champion: If the Defending Pokémon is a Team Plasma Pokémon, it is Knocked Out. (If the Defending Pokémon is not a Team Plasma Pokémon, this attack does nothing.)
Weakness: Dragon x2
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: 2

It's first attack, 'dragon axe' is a medioka attack with only a cost of 1 metal and can do a hefty bit of damage. But it's second attack is what makes haxorus shine. 'Strike of the champion', for only 1 metal and 1 fighting energy you can KO any team plasma pokemon, yes any, it's that good! This card is amazing against TDK and the upcoming genosect/vrizion. With both of these high tier decks using plasma pokemon, they better watch out!

Coballion EX is in here just as a fall back incase you are not playing against a plasma deck. It's attacks are quite cheap and it can act as another plasma counter with being able to discard special energys.

I think this deck has potential to make the big leagues. If you have any ideas on how to improve this deck, feel free to reply.

Thanks, joltic

Take out 3-3 gabite altogether and use Cradily. with Cradily you will just need 4 Haxorus with out the basic & its stage 1.
Also, You will need More Metal energy for hax' first attack.You will need to take out the blend energy.

> playing Gabite and F & WLFM energy
> not playing Garchomp
> playing Haxorus with 3 Silver Mirror

you gotta be kidding me
it's like you think you will only face Plasma from now on

Forget about the EX:s and try 3-3-3 Garchomp, 3-2-3/2-1-2 Haxorus 2-2/3-3 Altaria instead. (Also, drop 2 Silver Mirrors.)

Seeing as neither Fighting or Metal have any acceleration, you might want to squeeze in a Lunatone or two and a bunch of Ethers?
Just an idea. :)

Teal said:
> playing Gabite and F & WLFM energy
> not playing Garchomp
> playing Haxorus with 3 Silver Mirror

you gotta be kidding me
it's like you think you will only face Plasma from now on

Forget about the EX:s and try 3-3-3 Garchomp, 3-2-3/2-1-2 Haxorus 2-2/3-3 Altaria instead. (Also, drop 2 Silver Mirrors.)

Although both Garchomp and Haxorus are great attackers, having two stage 2 lines in a deck would make it very clunky imo. I agree with taking out the Silver Mirrors though; plasma decks would defo tech tool scrappers for those, so they'd be gone during your opponent's turn.

As Ryan Sinclair has pointed out, this deck has issues with energy acceleration, so you'll have to slow down the extremely speedy Plasma decks to have an even playing field. Try making some space for Enhanced Hammers, and make your Haxorus line 4-1-4 with 4 rare candies for consistency. I would also suggest taking out the Blend energies and make space for Cilan to search for the energies you need.

Other than that, as Teal mentioned, keep in mind that you'll also be facing other decks (e.g. Blastoise and Darkrai) so I'd suggest a Fighting attacker (e.g. Terrakion EX) and Silver Bangle for Haxorus to deal extra damage against EXs.

My two cents:

- 2 Fraxure
- 2 Cobalion EX
- 3 Silver Mirror
- 2 Catcher
- 2 Colress
- 4 Blend Energy
+ 2 Rare Candy
+ 1 Haxorus
+ 2 Terrakion EX, etc.
+ 2 Silver Bangle
+ 3 Enhanced Hammer
+ 2 Cilan
+ 3 Fighting Energy
+ 2 Metal Energy

This deck is really tight on space, but ah well that's the life of Stage 2 decks nowadays :(

Gusto83 said:
Take out 3-3 gabite altogether and use Cradily. with Cradily you will just need 4 Haxorus with out the basic & its stage 1.
Also, You will need More Metal energy for hax' first attack.You will need to take out the blend energy.

No. Cradily is SLOWER than setting up a stage 2. It only should be used to set up a bunch of them.

This deck does not need energy acceleration. The attackers attack with 1-2 Energy. Setting up two stage 2:s is not a problem with Gabite. Playing Gabite without Garchomp is pure idiocy.

Back