Pokemon Have you noticed this pattern?

penny power

Pokemon freak
In each gen there's an "main" legend and an ultra rare and ultra cute legend. "Main" is on left and cute is on right for each gen.
Gen 1: mewtwo mew
Gen 2: lugia celebi
Gen 3: rayquaza jirachi
Gen 4: arceus phione

Yes, the pattern is actually well known, and there are more patterns present in each generation. The legendary patterns can all be found here, at the bottom of the page:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Arceus_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

Honestly, who didn't know this?
Oh, and why Lugia?
And why Rayquaza?
And why Manaphy?
And why an (as of now) non-existant Pokémon like Mr. Spacegoat?

There are also more patterns. Like how every region has to have 3 Pokemon to select from. There are also several more. Like how every region ALWAYS has to have 8 gyms and how there ALWAYS happens to be some trainer in a small town who builds his way up by defeating the 8 gyms and then defeating some "top trainers". I mean c'mon! Are they really that out ideas? Did they just randomly come up with old boring story ideas and just put them in the game? Honestly! Who writes this stuff? This is probably what they were like when they were coming up with ideas:

Story Writer 1: OH! I GOT AN IDEA FOR THE 6TH CRIMINAL TEAM FOR THE POKEMON GAMES! Lets see.....Team Rocket.....How 'bout......GALACTIC! TEAM GALACTIC! YEAH!

Story Writer 2: GOOD IDEA!

(Sorry. I got a little to carried away...)

SamuraiMaster said:
Like how every region has to have 3 Pokemon to select from.
Yellow, Colosseum and XD says hi.
Like how every region ALWAYS has to have 8 gyms and how there ALWAYS happens to be some trainer in a small town who builds his way up by defeating the 8 gyms and then defeating some "top trainers".
Colosseum and XD says hi.

Story Writer 1: OH! I GOT AN IDEA FOR THE 6TH CRIMINAL TEAM FOR THE POKEMON GAMES! Lets see...Team Rocket...How 'bout...GALACTIC! TEAM GALACTIC! YEAH!
That's Ginga-dan*, actually. >:
(*Galaxy-gang)

FireMeowth said:
Honestly, who didn't know this?
Oh, and why Lugia?
And why Rayquaza?
And why Manaphy?
And why an (as of now) non-existant Pokémon like Mr. Spacegoat?
I'll explain each of them.
Lugia: If it uses it's wings it can cause a 40 day storm. I'd say that's worthy.
Rayquayza: Doesn't it have the best stats of the 3rd gen legends?
Manaphy: Ok, I take that back, it's phione.
"Mr. Spacegoat": Again, doesn't it have the best stats?

penny power said:
Lugia: If it uses it's wings it can cause a 40 day storm. I'd say that's worthy.
I find Ho-oh just as "worthy".
Rayquayza: Doesn't it have the best stats of the 3rd gen legends?
Meh, that might be so.
Manaphy: Ok, I take that back, it's phione.
I'd rather say Shaymin fits better as the cute Legendary of 4th Gen.
"Mr. Spacegoat": Again, doesn't it have the best stats?
But it doesn't exist. >:

The way Bulbapedia has them grouped is the most accurate, for sure. And as for Rayquaza having the highest stats of the 3rd Gen. legends, yes, but Deoxys is considered the uber legendary of the 3rd Gen.

Honestly, that was obvious.

I personally see it as 2 "main" Legendary, 1 middle legendary, and one super cute legendary

There is also the three legendary pattern
Kanto: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
Johto: Entei, Raikou, Suicune
Hoenn: Regirock, Registeel, Regice (Debate: There is now Regiggas in Sinnoh) and Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza (look on Bulbapedia, go to origion and see, all relate)
Sinnoh: Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie and Dialga, Palkia, Girantina (All fight in a movie, so its a might :p)

Well done, but there is one more pattern, the box cover legendarys always have fights and stuff!

Dialga and Palkia never fought (in the games). Neither did Lugia and Ho-oh (and Suicune). The only time the legends fought each other was in R/S/E.

FireMeowth said:
Dialga and Palkia never fought (in the games). Neither did Lugia and Ho-oh (and Suicune). The only time the legends fought each other was in R/S/E.

Dialga and Palkia fight in the movies though.

Dark Marc was obviously talking about the games.
the box cover legendarys

And even if we include the random unexplained battle in the movies, Lugia and Ho-oh (and Suicune) has never fought in any way (...that we know of).

Back