Have A Simple Forum Question? Ask The Staff Here!

Discussion in 'Beachfront Hangout' started by Shining Raikou, Apr 29, 2015.

1. TheGreatGastlys Aspiring Trainer
    TheGreatGastlys

Hey, just curious. We recently started a youtube channel showing our pokemon card collection, opening cards, and talking about pokemon stuff. Is there a place on pokebeach to post and talk about it?

2. Celever Wheeeee~
    Celever

You can post a profile message with a link to a new video on occasion, but that's all. An entire thread dedicated to your YouTube channel unfortunately violates our anti-advertising rules, as we like to prioritise discussion on our site. The top 8 profile messages are displayed on the front page of the forums, however, so there is decent exposure. I'd recommend advertising your channel probably once or twice a month maximum though. :)

bbninjas likes this.
  3. TheGreatGastlys Aspiring Trainer
    TheGreatGastlys

Thanks!!! That's really helpful. :)

4. minou30 Aspiring Trainer
    minou30

I'm confused. Last year there was a dedicated Pokebeach forum which maintained an active description and categorization of Pokemon TCG archetype decks by tier. I can no longer find it. Did Pokebeach remove the dedicated metagame discussion forum which kept an up-to-date accounting of archetypes by Tier? Thanks

5. Frosstoise Pokemon Connoisseur
    Frosstoise

We've rolled many of the forums related to various competitve topics into the PTCG Competitive Play forum. Look for threads with a "Deck Archetype" prefix, as they'll relate to things like meta decks, or other kinds of popular build.

6. EarthPlague Aspiring Trainer
    EarthPlague

Hey guys,

I'm new here and I come from reddit, but the link to the Meta-Deck Forum doesn't work. Can anyone help me please? :)

7. QZX Aspiring Trainer
    QZX

I've been here for a while. No idea where all the Tier 1 skeleton decklists went. I can still see some like http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/m-mewtwo-ex.135971/ if I view them from my history.

But... I can't see any threads like this one any more. Are decklists now "Premium" content? There is the Deck Garage, but those are usually for building decks, not for the standard meta decks.

EDIT: Here's a good repository of decklists: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/search/33633588/

It feels like the threads are hidden somehow.

8. EarthPlague Aspiring Trainer
    EarthPlague

Premium Content decklists? That would be redicolous. Pokémon TCG needs a site like hearthpwn (the biggest hearthstone deck site)

9. QZX Aspiring Trainer
    QZX

That was simply speculation. Any way, if you click the second link, you'll see most of the meta decks that are currently played, if not all of them, all in one place. I imagine that more will be created on the 17th, when S&M becomes playable on PTCGO.

10. EarthPlague Aspiring Trainer
    EarthPlague

I found this a second ago, I think you're right with your speculation!

[​IMG]

11. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

All the deck threads are in PTCG Competitive Play, you just have to look for them. The Subscriber's Hideout is for the article program.

12. Yog Rogue
    Yog

That's really awkward and unwieldy, even for an experienced user. God help a first time visitor.

Your web-designer in charge of the redesign ought to have been making that particular forum even more visible not less. Some big call-to-action flash emblazoned across the front page and all headers, not buried deep in the archives.

13. Elavion Aspiring Trainer
    Elavion

But why was the metadeck forum removed? It was extremely convenient to have them all in one place, especially (but not only) for newer players.
    :<

14. Yog Rogue
    Yog

I see a thread on Reddit this morning about how "All the pokebeach Meta decks are premium only now!!". Which is of course completely incorrect, but proves my point about making things too difficult to find. Those threads are the most important content on the website, but they are buried. That's the sort of confusion that will lead to new members not returning and potential members never coming in the first place.

I mean the way they were, with them being hidden behind a sub-forum link that was tricky enough to find wasn't ideal either, but as it stands that area has been linked back to many places online.

15. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

We got rid of the forum because the threads were outdated and we don't have the staff to keep them updated. If someone wants to volunteer to update them, feel free to PM the TCG mods. Otherwise, there is a major replacement in the works that probably won't be ready for a few months.

16. Yog Rogue
    Yog

Heh no thanks, I know a muggins job when I see it :p

17. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Gotta love people who complain about the free work of others and then won't lift a finger themselves.

18. Yog Rogue
    Yog

I won't deny it, but I do enough work elsewhere to take on another non-paying timesuck. Just consider it constructive feedback rather than a random complaint. Those threads being more easily found or not is a major contributing factor to your future web-traffic rates.

19. minou30 Aspiring Trainer
    minou30

Something very strange happened here. We all seem to have noticed, but since there does not appear to have been an announcement we can't completely put our fingers on it.

Pokebeach forums were the single best source of Tiered archetype deck lists until recently these forum entries seemed to have completely disappeared. They can not be found by searching for "Deck Archetype" in the PTCG Competitive Play forum or anywhere else. I believe it is fair for the forum owners/moderators to at least tell us forum contributors what happened to these forum messages? There was a forum consisting of posts dynamically labelled Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 containing descriptions and lists of each of the various archetype deck types. WHERE HAVE THESE POSTS GONE?

And perhaps more importantly, anyone have suggestions for a single source to find updated archetype deck lists rated by Tier?

20. DarthCyrina Aspiring Trainer
    DarthCyrina

I can't figure out how to get it to the chat room. I don't see a link or anything. Is it on another site? Can someone please link me? Thanks in advance.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

Juliacoolo, Luispipe8