Discussion Gyrados-GX + Lusamine

Haarry

Aspiring Trainer
I was just thinking about how well these go together. Play a stadium to discard then next turn lusamine it back. Then if you play another lusamine you can lusamine for the lusamine + the stadium and keep dealing 200 damage.

The biggest problem I see with this deck idea is just the sheer energy cost of Gyarados. It makes it very vulnerable to Gardy, and I really think that's going to be the measuring stick for good decks. That said I would like to see a Gyarados GX and baby Gyarados deck and see how that works. Gyarados/ Gyarados/ Garb could be good as well.

The biggest problem I see with this deck idea is just the sheer energy cost of Gyarados. It makes it very vulnerable to Gardy, and I really think that's going to be the measuring stick for good decks. That said I would like to see a Gyarados GX and baby Gyarados deck and see how that works. Gyarados/ Gyarados/ Garb could be good as well.
That's a good point actually.

Against gardy, it may suck. But there is still a CHANCE you can beat them, especially with some good techs like XY67 Jirachi for instance. With Choice Band it hits Garde fir 80 and discards one of their special energies which is going to be very good against garde. Against everything else, Aqua Patch or Max Elixir + just your regular attachments should be able to power your way to the end. Metagross gets destroyed by Gyarados, Volc is 50/50, and Darkrai is maybe like 60/40 in your favor. There are plenty of other threats but those are the big ones.

Against gardy, it may suck. But there is still a CHANCE you can beat them, especially with some good techs like XY67 Jirachi for instance. With Choice Band it hits Garde fir 80 and discards one of their special energies which is going to be very good against garde. Against everything else, Aqua Patch or Max Elixir + just your regular attachments should be able to power your way to the end. Metagross gets destroyed by Gyarados, Volc is 50/50, and Darkrai is maybe like 60/40 in your favor. There are plenty of other threats but those are the big ones.

I fail to see how Gyarados gx destorys Metagross... It misses the one shot by 20, so unless you can string Kukuis...

On paper, Gyarados GX has the potential to actually be pretty playable.

Your set up and damage would revolve around Palkia EX, Gyrados GX, Max Elixir, Float Stone, Brooklet Hill, and Lusamine.

Paklia EX can help speed things up in terms of energy early on in the game, Max Elixir to accelerate Palkia EX when you don't start it or to accelerate your Magikarps before you evolve up.

Brooklet Hill and 2 Lusamine for very obvious reasons, then Float Stone to just get undesireable actives out of the active.

I think it'll be a little too clunky, but maybe it would be good for fun.

It absolutely does not crush Metagross GX. They both 2 hit KO each other, and the GX attack helps Metagross GX more than it hurts it, and Brooklet Hill helps Metagross GX get out Alolan Vulpix.

Your set up and damage would revolve around Palkia EX, Gyrados GX, Max Elixir, Float Stone, Brooklet Hill, and Lusamine.

I keep forgetting Palkia-EX is still is the format. That's actually a pretty solid partner. You'd want to play Aqua Patch too. I'd say you might even want to play baby Gyarados as a a late game single prize sweeper. As for Float Stone I'd probably run Manaphy EX too.

Paklia EX can help speed things up in terms of energy early on in the game, Max Elixir to accelerate Palkia EX when you don't start it or to accelerate your Magikarps before you evolve up.

Plus you can play DCEs. There's pretty much no way you beat Gardy whatever you do though.

Brooklet Hill and 2 Lusamine for very obvious reasons, then Float Stone to just get undesireable actives out of the active.

You need to play more Lusamine than that. It's the core of your damage. You should probably also play other Stadiums too. Parallel City would be a good way to wipe the board of easy targets while also powering up your attack. It also wouldnl't become a long-term hinderance because of that same attack.

I think it'll be a little too clunky, but maybe it would be good for fun.

Doesn't really seem that clunky.

youre the faster of the 2 decks, and you both 2HKO so you'll probably win.

Your speed isn't going to matter when they can Max Potion off 230 damage and giggle because you just wasted resources NOT knocking out a Metagross. To be able to hit the knock out you need to also hit a Professor Kukui.

Back