BW/BW2 Gym Ideas?

Dr4g0n

Why so seriously Canadian, eh?!
I want to know what the people of PokeBeach think of what each Gym will be in Black and White. I'm personally thinking:

1: Rock {F} (good for teaching newbies type-matching)
2: Grass {G} (just for the poor people who started with Pokabu)
3: Water {W} (a good type for early-on)
4: Normal {C} (this would be a good time for that Chinchilla to evolve)
5: Dark {D}(it's about time we get a Dark-type Gym)
6: Fire {R} (Fire types tend to evolve at higher levels)
7: Electric {L} (hopefully no emo Gym leader like Volkner this time)
8: Steel {M} (Steel is one of the best defensive types, and having it as the final Gym would be used as a strategy by the Leader)

These are just my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

No more rock types as the first gym! Out of 4 generations, 3 have been rock type gyms. No more! Let us break out, and have psychic as the first gym. Psychic is tough, but none of the starters have resitance or weakness to it. That's why it's a great first gym. If we get another rock type gym, I will never play Pokemon again. At least not the videogames.

I personally think.... well i hate the VG so my opinion doesnt count :p

But i do think that if it steel gym, ill just drop kick it with my Fire starter :)

1. Dragon (nobody has a type advantage and forces you to use something other than your starter)
2. Steel (teaches noobs to use attacks other than normal)
3. Bug (basically confirmed in the videos, if its anywhere past the 3rd gym it'll be too easy)
4. Ground (fire is good against the last 2, we need something for water/grass starters to be good against. Plus ground is one of the least done gyms and plus there's a DESERT)
5. Dark (we just need this one!)
6. Water (tons of pokemon to choose from, and gives another advantage for grass starters)
7. Normal (again, tons of variety and tons of tough pokemon, perfect for a late game gym)
8. Flying (I mean actual flying, none of that bird bullshit. I want to fight charizards and dragonites and drifblims, and maybe even the legendary birds. Potential to be an epic last gym)

Fire: strong against 2, weak against 3, neutral to 3
Water: strong against 1, weak against 1, neutral to 6
Grass: strong against 2, weak against 4, neutral to 2

so if you want an easy game choose water, medium choose fire, hard choose grass. Also, as you can see Fire is best in the beginning, and worst at the end. Meanwhile grass is hard at the begining, but gets easier towards the end (except against the last gym). Water is only bad against dragons (possibly not if it half ice type) and is neutral or good against the other gyms

Dr4g0n said:
hopefully no emo Gym leader like Volkner this time

I'm offended. Volkner isn't emo he's just too cool for all the loser trainers that come through his gym and got bored and depressed. I would be too having to deal with losers all day. Volkner is definitely the coolest gym leader ever made.

No more Rock-type start gyms please. Throw in a Ground gym for once!

We haven't had a Ice Gym in a while, 2nd Gen if I'm correct. I love Ice types and they are good against everything as they have an advantage over Fire too.

I'd like to see a steel gym again. *cough*eventhoughsteelgymsareeasy*cough*

Everyone's going on about how there has been no Dark gyms but there's never been a Poison gym either has there? I'd appreciate both of those types to spice it up. Then throw in a Psychic gym, a Bug, and a Normal and those are the only one's I request. The remaining 3 gyms can be whatever. :)

Edit: Ooops, okay forgot about Sinnoh and duhh, how could I forget Koga and his Poison-love. Which is kind of sad since I was just playing my Firered game today and I specifically played him. Oops :) I still wanna see them though.

Pudding Love said:
We haven't had steel in a while have we? I'd like to see a steel gym again. *cough*eventhoughsteelgymsareeasy*cough*

Ever heard of a place in sinnoh called canalave city? We have had a steel type gym.

we have a bug gym, that's confirmed
i guess the dark castel is a dark gym
we should also have a ground gym because we have a desert, it means lot of ground pokemon
another one is ice gym and grass gym due that we have a lot of forest and 2 ice mountain
there's maybe a normal type gym
the other 2 could be a fire gym and dragon gym

So...here's what I think...

1.) Bug* sort of confirmed based on the video
2.) Ground
3.) Grass
4.) Dark
5.) Fire
6.) Dragon
7.) Normal
8.) Ice

(not in order)

Playerking95 said:
Ever heard of a place in sinnoh called canalave city? We have had a steel type gym.

Hahaha sorry sorry! I totally blanked out for all of Sinnoh. Plus I forgot about Koga. Ahhh my post is full of wrongness. :) But, I still want to see those gyms again.

1: Bug
This has pretty much been confirmed, and furthermore, Bug would seem the logical choice for the first gym. Also, it'd subvert the idea that started Fire-types have it rough, as now, if you chose Pokabu, you'd be in an advantage in the first gym.
2: Normal
Not much to say here; it'd feature probably Chiirami and a few others who wouldn't be too strong anyway.
3: Electric
To feature Shimama.
4: Ground
We haven't had a Ground-type gym leader since Giovanni, and this would be a good time to feature Meguroko, perhaps even its evolution.
5: Grass
I don't think we've ever had a Grass gym this far on. Besides, maybe this would encourage you to get a Hihidaruma.
6: Dark
About time we got a Dark gym. Dark Pokémon are usually pretty decent, so this would be a good time to introduce them. Besides, getting a Bug-type would cover both this and the previous gym.
7: Steel
Featuring Giaru and its evolutions; if so, it could likely be a gym with double battles, to activate its Plus and Minus ability.
8: Dragon
Just 'cause.

Synthetic said:
1: Bug
This has pretty much been confirmed, and furthermore, Bug would seem the logical choice for the first gym. Also, it'd subvert the idea that started Fire-types have it rough, as now, if you chose Pokabu, you'd be in an advantage in the first gym.
2: Normal
Not much to say here; it'd feature probably Chiirami and a few others who wouldn't be too strong anyway.
3: Electric
To feature Shimama.
4: Ground
We haven't had a Ground-type gym leader since Giovanni, and this would be a good time to feature Meguroko, perhaps even its evolution.
5: Grass
I don't think we've ever had a Grass gym this far on. Besides, maybe this would encourage you to get a Hihidaruma.
6: Dark
About time we got a Dark gym. Dark Pokémon are usually pretty decent, so this would be a good time to introduce them. Besides, getting a Bug-type would cover both this and the previous gym.
7: Steel
Featuring Giaru and its evolutions; if so, it could likely be a gym with double battles, to activate its Plus and Minus ability.
8: Dragon
Just 'cause.
I like these ideas but we had a Grass gym and how do myou mean get Hihidrums he is a Fire type right

Ah in that way i thought you sayed that in The grass gym Hihidruma is used (BTW i see that i spelled it wrong)Okay then

OK here's my guess

1. Bug {G} confirmed (kindof)
2. water {W}
3. {M}
4. {D}
5. flying {C}
6. {L}
7. rock (oh come on make rock stronger for once)
8. {P}

E4

1. {R}
2. {F}
3. ice {w}
4. {M}

chamion: {C}{D}

Mewtwo Is the Best said:
1. Dragon (nobody has a type advantage and forces you to use something other than your starter)
2. Steel (teaches noobs to use attacks other than normal)
3. Bug (basically confirmed in the videos, if its anywhere past the 3rd gym it'll be too easy)
4. Ground (fire is good against the last 2, we need something for water/grass starters to be good against. Plus ground is one of the least done gyms and plus there's a DESERT)
5. Dark (we just need this one!)
6. Water (tons of pokemon to choose from, and gives another advantage for grass starters)
7. Normal (again, tons of variety and tons of tough pokemon, perfect for a late game gym)
8. Flying (I mean actual flying, none of that bird bullcrud. I want to fight charizards and dragonites and drifblims, and maybe even the legendary birds. Potential to be an epic last gym)

Fire: strong against 2, weak against 3, neutral to 3
Water: strong against 1, weak against 1, neutral to 6
Grass: strong against 2, weak against 4, neutral to 2

so if you want an easy game choose water, medium choose fire, hard choose grass. Also, as you can see Fire is best in the beginning, and worst at the end. Meanwhile grass is hard at the begining, but gets easier towards the end (except against the last gym). Water is only bad against dragons (possibly not if it half ice type) and is neutral or good against the other gyms

Dragon is resistant to water and fire and grass. That would just be mean. Dark, psychic and fighting are all better choices, because there are no weaknesses, no resistances, and the gym is relatively hard for that time.

I would like:

Bug (Pokabu FTW!)
Water (So that all the people who got Pokabu just because it beat the first gym can sweat a bit)
Ice
Rock
Dark (Seriously, Dark types need some love! Since Steel's been introduced it's gotten 2 gyms, so Dark needs at least 1!)
Psychic (Could set up some sort of city rivalry between them and the Dark)
Normal (Just to throw everyone for a loop. And make every one of 'em have Scrappy! XD)
Fire.

That'd be what I'd want.

Back