• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Gyarados

Weavile might work, but that does take two slots out. I think sticking to a safer basic attacker is best. Cool idea though!

Here's your problem-you aren't going to be able to get everything every turn. You need An out to Magikarp, Gyardos, Team Magma's Base, and DCE every turn to be safe. I guarantee that this list will not be able to find that.

Here's your problem-you aren't going to be able to get everything every turn. You need An out to Magikarp, Gyardos, Team Magma's Base, and DCE every turn to be safe. I guarantee that this list will not be able to find that.

What would you suggest then? Could you also further explain your reasoning behind that as well? I play plenty of draw support and retrieval (Octillery, Shaymin EX, Dive Ball, Lusamine, Puzzle of Time, etc.) so I don't think I understand what you mean by that (besides the fact that I don't own Computer Search). Anyways, doesn't Vespiquen or Night March need the same thing, an out to a DBC, attacker, Pokémon in the discard pile, etc.? Let me know what you think, thanks!

Last edited:
What would you suggest then? Could you also further explain your reasoning behind that as well? I play plenty of draw support and retrieval (Octillery, Shaymin EX, Dive Ball, Lusamine, Puzzle of Time, etc.) so I don't think I understand what you mean by that (besides the fact that I don't own Computer Search). Anyways, doesn't Vespiquen or Night March need the same thing, an out to a DBC, attacker, Pokémon in the discard pile, etc.? Let me know what you think, thanks!
I love the idea of Gyardos, there are just better ways of doing it. Both Night March and Vespi have higher damage, and they are continuously thinning their decks. Also, they only need two things a turn: a DCE and an Attacker. They can both get by without a stadium, and they don't need a second Pokemon.

Tapu lele's attack uses a dce and it does 20 damage times the amount of energy attached to both active pokemon. It is good against yveltal ex and such. And you probably already know what it's ability is.

In the Format, that will only be OHKOing Night Marchers because all energy stacking cards are irrelevant, and even against Night March, it is totally irrelevant as a GX.

I love the idea of Gyardos, there are just better ways of doing it. Both Night March and Vespi have higher damage, and they are continuously thinning their decks. Also, they only need two things a turn: a DCE and an Attacker. They can both get by without a stadium, and they don't need a second Pokemon.

Your right I guess, Vespiquen and Night March do have an easier job of dealing damage with only the two variables. My main reason for this deck though is that Gyarados can hit higher numbers throughout the game (if you can sustain it as you mentioned) and it doesn't have an easy counter like Vespiquen and Night March. With the new Magikarp, the damage sweep isn't as easy as it used to be, and I plan to take full advantage of the fact.

So, do think there is something wrong with my list (such as not a fast enough engine or consistent recovery options) or with the deck in general (for instance, it isn't keeping up with the current Expanded format)? Let me know what you think, thanks!

Ooh new idea
Shining arceus, 2DCE, ohko 3 joltik with the attack thing

Cool card, but I don't know if your opponent is always going to have three Joltik on the bench, especially once they see Shining Arceus (since it take two turns to attach). By the way, sorry for not letting you know I wasn't available earlier. I should've kept you updated. My bad!

Back