Pokemon GTS

A

Avipii

I've been noticing a lot of requests for a Zekrom or a Reshiram lvl 9 and under in the GTS and it's getting really annoying :/ The new Black and White game should prevent this ^^' what do you think?

The only question would be HOW would you prevent this? What is to say that there isn't going to be a level 1 reshiram event which would then be available to complete the above trade.

Nengeni said:
The only question would be HOW would you prevent this? What is to say that there isn't going to be a level 1 reshiram event which would then be available to complete the above trade.
Well... the ones who develop the games I suppose may say ahead of time: "Let us not allow people to ask for pokemon that cannot exist. We will not allow them to ask for pokemon that are not currently obtainable, or will not be later released."

Or, seeing as it is wifi/online connection dependent, I believe it is possible for them to alter the restrictions later. That way, once an event occurs it is then possible to ask for such a pokemon.

If you want to troll hard, hack a level 9 zekrom to your game and trade for their shiny (or wtv they have but a lot of those requests offer shinies in return)...

The only problem with doing that though is that the shinies you get may be hacked in the first place.

Nengeni said:
The only problem with doing that though is that the shinies you get may be hacked in the first place.

And they most likely are. Either that, or they're trolling. But it is annoying and something I'd like to see them put a stop to.

Metalizard said:
If you want to troll hard, hack a level 9 zekrom to your game and trade for their shiny (or wtv they have but a lot of those requests offer shinies in return)...

I've tried it, and It says 'That pokemon cannot be traded!'

Reshiwott said:
I've tried it, and It says 'That pokemon cannot be traded!'

IIRC, it'll only work if the location data is valid. So you'd have to use Pokesav and say that it was either caught at N's Castle or Dragonspiral Tower at the appropriate level.

Nengeni said:

Server-side blocks. Game Freak would put in a message along the lines of "The Pokemon you are offering or requesting is not possible", and would block the GTS server from accepting Reshiram under level 50. If a level 1 Reshiram became possible, the block would be lifted.

That and they need to somehow stop rage quiters on random matchup. I heard you cant quit in BW2 but how does that stop kids from just hitting the off switch? I think if they disconnect they should recieve a penalty that prevents them from playing for 24 hours.

Zmaster Y said:
That and they need to somehow stop rage quiters on random matchup. I heard you cant quit in BW2 but how does that stop kids from just hitting the off switch? I think if they disconnect they should recieve a penalty that prevents them from playing for 24 hours.

...I'm fairly certain that's exactly what happens.

Nengeni said:
Things would probably be chaotic if that were to happen. However, I've had my eye on a Shiny ditto...

Back