• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Greninja BREAK/Kingdra

ace-astra

Wayfarer
Ok, so i have recently packed a Greninja break, used it in battle with this deck here and the tactic worked great. My strategy is to get out Kingdra and Greninja BREAK, so i use manaphy tohelp retreat the two, so greninja can use his water shuriken ability to do 60 dmg, i then send kingdra up and use brine doing a further 90 dmg, which allows me to snipe for 150 dmg with a low energy cost. Only one problem is i cant find any extra greninja break anywhere, so i would only really have one for the deck. Please post any improvements or what you think about this!

Pokemon (14):
1 Greninja BREAK
1 Greninja (XY promo 162)
1 frogadier (Break Point)
1 froakie (break point)
1 kingdra (Burning shadows)
1 seadra (Burning shadows)
1 horsea (burning shadows)
1 Manaphy EX (break point)
2 Octillery (break through)
2 remoraid (break through)
1 milotic (primal clash)
1 feebas (primal clash)

Trainers (34):
1 Karen (XY promo 177)
1 Lysandre (ancient origins)
1 Lana (burning shadows)
2 rough seas (primal clash)
2 superior energy retrievals (plazma freeze) Note- i couldn't get the reprints of this card so i used the BW one
2 ultra balls (fates collide)
1 skyla (break through)
1 shauna (fates collide)
1 professor birch's observations (primal clash)
1 fisherman (break through)
1 teammates (primal clash)
1 escape rope (primal clash)
2 dive balls (primal clash)
1 brooklet hill (guardians rising)
2 professors letter (break through)
1 professor sycamore (break point)
2 VS seeker (phantom forces)
1 lillie (shining legends) - using the newer reprint just because
1 N (BW promo 100)
1 N (fates collide)
2 rare candy (primal clash)
1 fighting fury belt (break point)
1 switch (roaring skies)
1 acerola (burning shadows)
1 wally (roaring skies)
1 wishful baton (burning shadows)

Energy:
12 Water energy

And that's it! please help me out by improving it and saying what you think so i can make changes and make it better!

CORRECTION: i dont have 2 remoraids and octillerys, i only have 1 each :p

so instead, there should be 1 of each of those, and 2 more water energy

CORRECTION: i dont have 2 remoraids and octillerys, i only have 1 each :p

so instead, there should be 1 of each of those, and 2 more water energy

yet another CORRECTION: i have realised my deck is only 50 cards :p
i guess i could use that space for more kingdras/greninjas.

There are some problems here,correction, a lot.

First of all replace these cards:
wishful baton you only need one energy per pokemon
escape rope and switch you have manaphy
acerola( no description needed)
milotic line completely unneccesary
frogadier use the one from that xy starter set( has moe hp and more damage for one energy)
super energy retrievals use the regular ones ( if you only have one greninja break it's not neccesary)
fighting fury belt if you're using greninja and kingdra this is unneccesary

you know what. this is alot. when you make these corrections just quote my message

also play 4 copies

N's
Sycamore's

Just saying, remove these other supporters:

Acerola
lana
lillie
shauna
fisherman
wally

these are all to make your deck more consistent

Cool idea but WAY to many one of's and most of them are not needed and the Greninja and kingdra lines need to be way thicker

Thanks for the help! I will remove a few supporters and try to get more greninjas and kingdras.

These two Pokemon are mains. It really doesn't work to put both in a deck together. I recommend just choosing one and building that. If u r trying expanded it is easier to play standard. Ur lines need to be more consistent in Pokemon and trainers. Running one of each card and praying won't win any games. Out of the two I would say gren is a better and easier to play deck.

UPDATED deck list:
Pokemon (15):
2 Greninja BREAK
2 Greninja (XY promo 162)
1 frogadier (XY base)
2 froakie (break point)
2 kingdra (Burning shadows)
1 seadra (Burning shadows)
2 horsea (burning shadows)
1 Manaphy EX (break point)
1 Octillery (break through)
1 remoraid (break through)

Trainers (32):
2 N (BW promo 100)
2 N (fates collide)
4 professor sycamore (break point)
2 VS seeker (phantom forces)
2 Ultra balls (fates collide)
2 rare candy (primal clash)
2 rough seas (primal clash)
2 dive balls (primal clash)
2 proffesors letters (break through)
1 brooklet hill (guardians rising)
2 lysandre (ancient origins)
1 karen (XY promo 177)
1 teammates (primal clash)
1 brigette (break through)
1 proffesor birch's observations (primal clash)
3 energy retrievals (SM base)
1 Skyla (break through)
1 Exp. share (SM base)

Energy (13):
13 water

Ive taken your advice and updated my deck, hopefully this is better!

Ok, this updated list is way better than the first, and here are some suggestions:

You don't really need the ultra balls if you only play water Pokemon then you can take away the ultra balls and turn them into dive balls because dive balls search out water Pokemon without discarding cards, so in your deck dive balls are much better.

The Exp. share is not that good in this deck because all of your Pokemon attack for one energy so i would replace it with a choice band

Karen is not that good in this deck, it can counter night march and vespiquen but i would replace it with rescue stretcher because it wont be your supporter for turn.

I would replace Lysander with Guzma because guzma switches your Pokemon as well as your opponents so you could use two giant water shurikens and snipe in one turn for 210 damage witch 1 HKOs Zoroark GX, Golisopod GX, Buzzwole GX, Lycanroc GX, and the list goes on with very popular 210 HP Pokemon

I would also try to fit in 1 to 2 field blowers because Garbodor (Break point) can ability lock you when the Garbodor has a tool attached to it so you can field blower to discard the tool and use your ability's again.

Changes:

-2 ultra ball (dive is better for this deck)
-1 Exp. share (not needed)
-1 karen (I'd use rescue stretcher)
-2 Lysander (Guzma is better)
-1 professor's Letter (Need field blower)
-1 water energy (field blower has to be in here, plus you play 3 energy retrieval, 2 prof letter, and 12 waters you will NEVER miss water energy)

+2 dive ball
+1 choice band (Up damage being dealt to GXs and EXs)
+1 rescue stretcher
+2 Guzma (get that potential 2 Giant Water Shurikens with a kingdra snipe for 210)
+2 Field blower (stop BP garb's ability lock)

Over all your updated list is a lot better than the first and the changes I made replace cards with other cards with similar effects but I think they are better in this deck. Great list though and really cool idea and I might build this for myself. :)

Thanks so much for the extra help. This is my first time going into competitive play (normally just casually play with my friends), and this deck will help me alot. Definately using this as my main deck ;)

oh yeah, and by putting a really cool looking HS water energy with lugia on it make the deck unlimited or still expanded?

Back