• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

greninja break deck

Millitantmachine

Aspiring Trainer
Here is my greninja break deck. I'm looking for suggestions on improving it

Pokemon
(some of these Pokemon are basically placeholders)
2 froakie
3 frogadier
3 greninja
2 greninja break
3 qwilfish
1 articuno
1 kyogre
1 clam pearl
1 huntail
1 frillish
1 jellicent
1 Lapras
2 krabby
1 kingler

Trainers
1 fisherman
1 Steven
1 skyla
2 Wally
1 delinquent
1 tierno
3 Pokemon center lady

Items
2 switch
2 evosoda
2 prof. Letter
2 super rod
2 fighting fury belt
1 superior energy retrieval
1 trainers' mail
1 reverse ticket
1 potion

Stadium
1 rough seas

Energy
2 splash energy
10 water

As I stated earlier I'm looking for suggestions on improving the deck for it to be more competitive. I beat almost every deck I compete against I'd just like to maximize its effectiveness. I think I'm going to add another rough seas

Greninja , kyogre, and kingler are my main attackers
I use articuno for energy draws and a backup attacker if needed
lampras is only used as a last resort attacker but mainly for the trainer draw
Qwilfish, huntail, and jellicent are stall tactics I use while I set up my attackers

if you are going to play a greninja break deck I suggest heavily building your deck around that single attacker
all the other blue attackers provide no utility to the list and usually just give you an even slower windup of the greninja engine
I heavily suggest maxing out the froakie, frogadir and greninja probably going with 1 XY + 3 BRP
and then dropping the majority if not all of these
3 qwilfish
1 articuno
1 kyogre
1 clam pearl
1 huntail
1 frillish
1 jellicent
1 Lapras
2 krabby
1 kingler

definitely replace steven and tierno with other supporters such as professor sycamore or N
and for the items you should really try to get a hold of 4 vs seekers + 4 diveballs, and drop the fighting fury belt it doesn't even work with most of your attackers

superior energy retrieval is not in the standard format anymore and at the moment the only card that prevents you from bringing this deck into a standard game

Singles such as reserve ticket, potion and trainers mail are next to useless. Once you lock yourself into a thick line of Greninja I would definitely move on to the trainer lines you're running. Switches will become next to useless once you Greninjas get out, as will the FFBs.

I would strongly suggest looking at a maybe 2-2 line of Ovtillery. Being both dive and level ball searchable makes it easy to get out and adds some much needed draw support to the deck

I'd play it like this:

Pokémon (16):
1 Jirachi (Promo XY67)
4 Froakie (BKP 38)
4 Frogadier (BKP 39)
3 Greninja (BKP 40)
1 Greninja (XY 41)
3 Greninja BREAK (BKP 41)

Trainer (35):
4 Dive Ball
4 Level Ball
1 Sacred Ash
1 Startling Megaphone
1 Town Map
4 Trainers' Mail
4 VS Seeker
1 Ace Trainer
2 Fisherman
1 Judge
1 Lysandre
2 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Skyla
1 Hex Maniac
4 Rough Seas
1 Muscle Band

Energy (9):
9 Water Energy

Or maybe even lose 1 Level Ball for 1 more Jirachi (Promo XY67).

Back