• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Greninja Break Deck Advice

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
Hey all,

I need some advice on a Greninja Break deck for expanded. I was going to take the winning deck for last years San Jose Regional and tweak it to include Cynthia's and possibly aqua patches. Here is the winning deck list:

Pokemon - 19

3 - Greninja BREAK - BKP
4 - Greninja - BKP
4 - Frogadier - BKP
4 - Froakie - BKP
1 - Starmie - EVO
1 - Staryu - BKP
1 - Octillery - BKT
1 - Remoraid - BKT

Trainers - 32

4 - N
2 - Professor Sycamore
2 - Colress
1 - Guzma
3 - Brooklet Hill
4 - Dive Ball
3 - Choice Band
3 - Enhanced Hammer
3 - VS Seeker
2 - Field Blower
2 - Super Rod
2 - Ultra Ball
1 - Computer Search

Energy - 9

4 - Splash
5 - Water

My initial thoughts are decreasing the N count for Cynthias. Also, maybe cutting down on the Froakie count? Thoughts on adding Tapu Fini GX? Just some hair-brained idea. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Personally, I would cut the Octillery line, preferably for one Espeon EX and one extra Water Energy. It would also be a good bet to cut one Super Rod for a Rescue Stretcher.

Tapu Fini isn't necessarily needed in Expanded because set up decks aren't very popular as opposed to decks like Zoroark which outspeed this deck anyway.

I think that cutting an Enhanced Hammer and a Guzma for 2 Silent Lab (to shut off Lele and Giratina), and possibly 1 Sycamore or Colress for a Lele would be good as well.

Personally, I would cut the Octillery line, preferably for one Espeon EX and one extra Water Energy. It would also be a good bet to cut one Super Rod for a Rescue Stretcher.

Tapu Fini isn't necessarily needed in Expanded because set up decks aren't very popular as opposed to decks like Zoroark which outspeed this deck anyway.

I think that cutting an Enhanced Hammer and a Guzma for 2 Silent Lab (to shut off Lele and Giratina), and possibly 1 Sycamore or Colress for a Lele would be good as well.
I like those ideas. I will make those changes and test it out. I only have 1 Guzma in the deck and I think I would something to retrieve trapped Pokemon like Espeon-EX. I was also thinking changing to 2-N and 2 Cynthia perhaps. Also, cutting 1 Brooklet Hill for another Guzma or 1 Lysandre.

Back