• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Green & Gold; Black Sword- (Necrozma-GX/Aegislash)

semurphy444

Aspiring Trainer
Deck List:

Pokemon- 19
Tapu Koko (Promo) - 3
Tapu Lele GX -2 (GRI)
Grubbin -3 (SUM)
Vikavolt -3 (SUM)
Honedge- 3 (BKP)
Aegislash- 3 (BKP)
Necrozma GX- 2 (BUS)

Supporters- 14
N -4
Sycamore- 2
Skyla- 3
Brigette- 2
Brock's Grit- 1
Guzma-2

Items- 14
Rare Candy- 4
Heavy Ball- 3
Ultra Ball- 2
Float Stone- 2
Wishful Baton-2
Rescue Stretcher-1

Energy- 13
Double Colorless- 4
Electric- 5
Grass- 4

I've made a few comments about this deck here and other places. I think it's a "fun" deck...and probably has less "Good Matchups" than "Poor Matchups". It tends to work as intended more often than not, but an Acerola & MaxPotion can set this deck back to 0.

This deck is all about the combo of Necrozma's Black Ray-GX & Aegislash's Painful Sword. This combo will do 200 damage to all GX-EX cards. (Insert Fire GX, Lapras, Darkrai, Tapu's) all get KO'd. If more damage is needed- A Flying Flip (or 2 for the 250HP beasts) will put some damage to start with, plus the 100, then x2- will get 240's.

Early Game- Start Koko, get a Grubbin & Necrozma, maybe Honedge too. I'll typically end T1 with one of everything on the board if I'm able to Brigette.

Mid Game- Get Vikavolt up- use energy to get Necrozma's Black Ray charged. Because I play a 3-0-3 of both lines, Rare Candy is a must, but Heavy Ball can find either Stage 2; and Skyla can find either piece of the combo that's not in hand.

End Game- Get the other Stage 2 up; Aegislash for the multiplying effect of damage and collecting all the prizes at once.

The "main" problem of efficiently getting 3 Energy on Necrozma and 3 energy on Aegislash- is solved with Vikavolt; Strong Charge ability lets 2 extra energy get placed per turn (for normally 2 or 3 turns- until the deck runs dry of energy). I initially tried with Max Elixir and a thicker Aegislash line; but it seemed like you either had energy and no stage 2- or had a stage 2, but no energy. With Rare Candy as my only evolution mechanism, if one is prized-then at most I can get 3 of Vikas & Aeigslashs...but I usually only need one of each. Getting the parts going tends to be quite reliable- and it just comes down to if your opponent has 3 or more GX/EX on the field- and if they're able to heal them between Black Ray & Painful Sword...

However, I have played against Greninja- and Flying Flipped for 20, Flying flipped for 40 counters everywhere. Aegislashed those up to 80; and a 2nd Aegislash- that I think just left him with 1 Break- and me taking 4 prizes (The Talonflame and other 3 frogs)- which I thought was quite funny.

Comments and criticism is always appreciated!

Back