GOTY 2011

lol u giuze are siwwy

Skyward Sword(and Portal) are barely even contenders. Skyrim and Uncharted both have a good chance, and Arkham City is epic. Nuff' said.

Skyward Sword is not likely to win. I'd easily point towards Skyrim, or Portal 2. Uncharted is not worth the 10/10 IGN gave it IMO

Skyrim or Uncharted is where it's at.

MW3 does not deserve it whatsoever, and the chances of Skyward Sword taking it are slim to none.

minecraft .-.

it was technically released this year
wheres the love man?

BUT YA ZELDA ALL THE WAY

There's something wrong with journalistic integrity to name something that just came out, on the tail end of the current year, as game of the year for that year. Then again, the people doing this probably just play games for the sake of playing games and aren't professionals at all.

I'm thinking it's gonna be Portal 2 or Batman...as much as I want it to be LoZ it's probably gonna be one of those 2. Although...Twilight Princess did win when it came out....

Out of curiosity, which outlet are we considering the definitive giver of GOTY? Or are we mixing and averaging them all together? How can something win without a competition?

Spidy said:
minecraft .-.
it was technically released this year
wheres the love man?

Minecraft is up for quite a couple categories, but it's not up for GOTY.

Chariblaze said:
Out of curiosity, which outlet are we considering the definitive giver of GOTY? Or are we mixing and averaging them all together? How can something win without a competition?

If I am understanding this question correctly, then it would be the Spike TV Game Awards.

Yeah it's the Spike Awards.

Although Skyward Sword was phenomenal, I'm thinking Skyrim or Portal 2 will win. Great games.

I doubt Uncharted will win, simply because of the fact that it is PS3 exclusive. Same thing with Skyward Sword.

Back