• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Gothitelle/Reuniclus - New list!

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
Update 9/26:
So I tested this deck at Battle Roads after some practice and a lot of tweaking only to find out it has some major flaws against many popular decks. First and foremost, I got hit for weakness just about every game. MewBox was definitely the worst matchup as I was getting hit for over 200 on T2. Another problem I had was that my Gothita and Solosis were getting killed early on in the game. If it hadn't been for Zekrom I would have lost every single match. What can I do to set up quicker and prevent Gothita from being killed so easily? The only thing I can think of doing is adding some Pichu/Cleffa.

Main strategy is to get Gothitelle out as fast as possible to keep my opponent from setting up. Once Gothitelle is out, I can work on a second Gothitelle to take its place as well as a Reuniclus to move the damage around. Zekrom is used to counter Yanmega with Outrage.

Pokémon:
3-2-3 Gothitelle (Magic room)
3-2-2 Reuniclus
2 Zekrom
1 Cleffa
1 Pichu
Total: 19

Items/Supporters/Stadiums:
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokémon Communication
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Twins
3 Pokémon Collector
2 Pokémon Catcher
2 Max Potion
2 Junk Arm
2 Cheren
2 Switch
Total: 26

Energies:
12 Psychic Energy
3 Double Colorless Energy
Total: 15

RE: Gothitelle & Reuniclus

What purpose (not sure if I spelled that right) does Sigilyph serve in this deck?

Anyways here are my changes:

-2 Sigilyph
-2-2 Zoroark

+2 Shaymin UL (for moving Psychic energies)
+4 Pokemon Collector.

Yea. You really need to take out the 2 Sigilyph and the 2-2 zoroark for 4 collectors, but idk about shaymin.. With the combo you have in this deck you don't need shaymin to move energies. I would add two IQ's to help get the energy and then take out the two rainbow for two more {p} or maybe even rescue? GL

You need to add a Strategy to the deck in the first post.

Twins is essential in this kind of deck. Ideally, you would want 3/4, but I would suggest taking out a Junk Arm and a Max Potion for at least two. If one of your Pokemon dies during early setup, Twins can ensure getting everything you need out.

dmaster out.

RE: Gothitelle & Reuniclus (Needs division in thread title)

I'm really worried about your Trainer line. Theory/Communication isn't good enough to help you setup. As stated, I'd drop Zoroark and Sigilyph for four Pokemon Collector and two Twins. Collector helps you get Basic Pokemon out of the deck, out Twins gets you everything you need if you fall behind on prizes.

Since the idea behind Gothitelle is to Trainer lock your opponent, once you bring up Sigilyph or Zoroark, you're giving the opportunity for your opponent to setup again.

-2 Sigylph (doesn't really do anything but stall against Donphan)
-2-2 Zoroark (you should never move Gothitelle from active, because then you'd lose Trainer Lock
-2 Rainbow (not needed without Zoroark, or even with Zoroark
+3 Collector (to get all your basics out)
+4 Twins (Solosis has a low HP, and will most likely be ko'd early game, and Twins will help you set up)
+1 Zekrom (130 HP means you can move a lot of damage from Gothitelle to Zekrom, and then you'll also hit for weakness against Yanmega)

Made some changes, thanks for all the posts! :)

I like this list a lot better now. It looks like it would be consistent and fun to play. I just wish there was a {p} energy acceleration :( Anyways.. GL with BRs

Sleeping Snorlax said:
I like this list a lot better now. It looks like it would be consistent and fun to play. I just wish there was a {p} energy acceleration :( Anyways.. GL with BRs

Thanks! :)

I'm not sure how much a Psychic Energy acceleration would help though. I can usually get a Gothitelle out on T2, almost always by T3. Once I do, it becomes a lot harder for them to set up and gives me plenty of time to get out another Gothitelle and a Reuniclus as well as the required Energy.

I recommend you to play more zekrom and maybe basculin (flail one)
Your list looks good bit it misses some things in my opinion.

Shaymin Lv.X said:
I recommend you to play more zekrom and maybe basculin (flail one)
Your list looks good bit it misses some things in my opinion.

What's unique about Basculin? I have a couple from Black & White and EP. :)

I'll definitely consider adding some more Zekrom. Though I think right now the amount of Pokémon I have is quite high.

RE: Gothitelle & Reuniclus (Updated! Need feedback!)

I think the idea with basculin is to move 70 dmg onto the EP one and flail for 140 dmg on reshi or another poke weak to water.

I would
-3 psychic energy
+3 DCE
It can be used for a turn two Goth attack but also on your Zek for outrage or if you wanted to add basculin as a tech.
+2 DCE
+1 Basculin (EP one)

Bodhii said:
I think the idea with basculin is to move 70 dmg onto the EP one and flail for 140 dmg on reshi or another poke weak to water.

I would
-3 psychic energy
+3 DCE
It can be used for a turn two Goth attack but also on your Zek for outrage or if you wanted to add basculin as a tech.
+2 DCE
+1 Basculin (EP one)

well if it's the basculin with final gambit, I presume, then he needs rainbows/waters. Which can fit in fine with this deck but he doesn't really have too much free space.

It's the flail one it does 10 dmg times the number of damage counters on it for one colourless energy so can fit in any deck but works especially well with the jelly bean as you have control of where your damage is.

I would really look for room for one more Zekrom. It works really nice in the deck and it sucks if its prized.

I could add another Zekrom I'm just not sure what I'd take out. :p

why not go to 4-2-4 gottitele? it would free you up and you can still use the candy. just a thought.

noctax89 said:
why not go to 4-2-4 gottitele? it would free you up and you can still use the candy. just a thought.

I'll give it a try and see how it works. :D

i think at least a DCE would look fine in here, for that split second outrage you know? i mean its faster than putting an energy on him once per turn

Back