• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Golisopod/Zoroark

Uyio405

Aspiring Trainer
My deck list is bellow as a pdf. I'm in the process of editing my Golispod/Zoroark deck, after a league cup. Do any of you guys have suggestions on what to take out and what to add?

Attachments

• Golisopod GX and Zoroark GX Decklist.pdf
    174.2 KB · Views: 15
I would suggest the following:

- 1 Zoroark (stand in ability) One should be plenty
- 1 Skyla
- 1 Pal Pad
- 1 Rescue Stretcher
- 1 Special Charge
- 1 Super Rod

Add:
+1 Tapu Koko Promo
+1 Mew EX or Mewtwo from Generations
+4 Puzzles of time
+ One more of either Acerola or Guzma, as these cards are crucial in activating Golisopd's 120 damage First Impression attack

The puzzles will help with consistency, and allow you to recycle resources. This means you don't have to run cards like special charge and super rod. Plus with Mallow and Zoroark's Trade ability, you should have no problem finding puzzles at crucial times to get stuff back.

The Mew EX or Mewtwo add a much needed Buzzwole counter to this deck. Being able to Mallow for Mew EX and a double colorless and then trade into them for the OHKO on a Buzzwole or any other Psychic weak Mon is awesome.

Might want to consider a few Evo Sodas as well, as those can be clutch at quickly getting your Zoroarks all set up and Trading.

Of course, this is all just my opinion. But this is how I run the deck. I find it very fast and consistent, however I don't like the fact that you don't have access to any big OHKOs outside of occasionally hitting for weakness on stuff. Hope this is helpful!

Oh and I would probably cut 1 Sycamore for another Field Blower. This deck heavily relies on Zoroark's Trade, so being able to Field Blower tools off of Garbodor is a necessity. In my opinion, 3 blowers is the minimum for this deck. Sycamore is less important in this deck, since you will be discarding plenty of cards with Trade anyways. I like having access to at least one Sycamore in case you need to just dump everything in your hand and dig, but no more than two.

Interestingly enough, most of my suggestions would resemble most of those provided by @Salshred, but with a few revisions for your consideration:

With the addition of 4 Puzzle of Time, I've found that only 2 Professor Sycamore seem to be quite sufficient. Also, note that during your turn, you'll, most likely, Trade 2+ times after your bench is set. So, "heavy straight" card-draw is not critical. I also prefer to run a 2 Cynthia, 2 Lillie, 3 N and 2 Professor Sycamore card-draw "engine." Lillie adds more card-draw diversity which can be helpful at times.

I can't stress this point enough: this is a "setup" deck and a T1 Brigette play is very important and can place you at a disadvantage if you can't setup as early as possible. So, consider running a 3rd Brigette to enhance your T1 bench setup even more.

In regards to other specific card changes, consider: +1 Tapu Koko (Flying Flip - to reset First Impression attack), -1 Zoroark, -1 Prof. Sycamore, -1 Mallow, +1 Brigette, -1 Choice Band, -2 Float Stone, -1 Pal Pad, -1 Special Charge and +4 Puzzle of Time.

Running both Rescue Stretcher and Super Rod provide versatility and is a nice option, IMO; but should slots become tight, consider just running Super in order to recover and recycle both discarded Basic energy and/or Pokémon.

Further, consider adding 2 Evosoda to facilitate evolving to Zoroark GX and/or Golisopod GX. This will help in countering opponent's Po Town Stadium and enhance evolution "speed" without discarding cards (i.e., via Ultra Ball). Should you incorporate 2 Evosoda, I've found running just 3 Ultra Ball to be sufficient.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back