• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Golisopod/Vespiquen (Competitive?)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
This is a very simple deck, hit hard with one-prize attackers with Golisopod being a mini-tank and Vespiquen with higher damage output than Golisopod. Heres a list:

Pokemon (28)

4x Vespiquen
4x Combee
3x Golisopod
3x Wimpod
1x Machoke (Blocks Decidueye and Oricorio, wouldn't play Vespiquen without it.)
1x Machop
1x Shaymin-EX
2x Octillery (I know, I know, release the hate. Shaymin+Octillery is really good for Vespiquen.)
2x Remoraid
3x Klefki
4x Unown

Trainers (24)

4x Sycamore
2x N
1x Lysandre
4x Ultra Ball
3x Choice Band
3x Acro Bike
3x Trainer's Mail
2x Special Charge
2x Field Blower (Gets rid of Belts and we don't have a Stadium.)

Energy (8)

4x Basic Grass Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

So, what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any advice? I'm thinking of building a Vespiquen deck in real life and im either going to go with Vespipod (this deck) or Garbiquen (Guardians Rising Garbodor/Vespiquen) I have a playset of Vespiquens coming in the mail and I could use some help with the decks. I only own one Shaymin so more than that is not happening, VS Seeker will be filled in for with Trainer's Mail and any card that's over three dollars a pop won't be happening (on a tight budget). My budget edits look like this:

-1 Shaymin, +1 Klefki. Was going to be another Acro Bike but just couldn't lose the Bee Revenge damage.
-3 VS Seeker, +3 Trainer's Mail

I put these edits into the list. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why no forest of giant plants to power out your attackers?

All in all I feel like the machoke and octillery are liabilities. You are running 4 Stage 2 lines when you only have 4 cards to search Pokémon. The decidueyes are still one hitting your vespi most likely. You should also add 2 revitalizer with all of those single prize attackers

Why no forest of giant plants to power out your attackers?

All in all I feel like the machoke and octillery are liabilities. You are running 4 Stage 2 lines when you only have 4 cards to search Pokémon. The decidueyes are still one hitting your vespi most likely. You should also add 2 revitalizer with all of those single prize attackers
Thanks for the advice! :)

I only run 4 Ball cards because between Shaymin, Octillery, Unown, Acro Bike, Trainers Mail, and Sycamore there is an extremely high chance you'll get the pokemon you need. Also, for Decidueye to K.O a Vespiquen with Feather Arrows would take five in one turn, which is impossible. Revitalizer would be great but I'm not sure what to take out for it. Same thing with Forest of Giant Plants. I use Field Blower because it can change a two-shot with Golisopod into a one-shot because of Fighting Fury Belt. Maybe these edits would be good:

-1 Choice Band
-1 Field Blower
+2 Float Stone (for Octillery and Machoke)

I decided against Forest because Golisopod is usally who you want early game, and it takes two turns to charge him up anyways. I really want to fit Revitalizer in but I can't really see how. Maybe taking out Field Blower entirely and just dealing that Golisopod wont one-shot a belted EX and putting in a Revitalizer would help. I play Vespiquen alot and sometimes Revitalizer is really useful and sometimes it's just a dead card, but it seems like the same could be said for Field Blower. Once again, thanks for the advice! :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant the decidueye is 1 HKO on vespi with razor leaf for 90 with a machoke out. With how heavy that deck digs they will most likely have a decidueye with a dce and grass available.

I definitely agree with the field blower. I would keep it at 2.

Have you tried switching the octillery for oranguru? It would save you two slots for revitalizer as long as you can keep your hand low enough

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant the decidueye is 1 HKO on vespi with razor leaf for 90 with a machoke out. With how heavy that deck digs they will most likely have a decidueye with a dce and grass available.

I definitely agree with the field blower. I would keep it at 2.

Have you tried switching the octillery for oranguru? It would save you two slots for revitalizer as long as you can keep your hand low enough
I picked Octillery over Oranguru because Octillery gets more cards, but maybe Oranguru is enough. I'll be tesing both, and if Oranguru turns out to be fine then these will be my edits:

-2 Octillery
-2 Remoraid
+2 Oranguru
+1 Field Blower (back at two)
+1 Revitalizer

Thanks for the help! :)

Sorry for all the double-posts, but do you guys think this could be a competitive deck? Like, if I took this to a league, would it hold its own, or would it get steamrolled? Thanks in advance! :)

*TCGO Tested Golisopod/Vespiquen*

Pokemon (27)

4x Vespiquen
4x Combee
3x Golisopod
3x Wimpod
1x Machoke
1x Machop
1x Shaymin-EX
2x Oranguru
4x Klefki
4x Unown

Trainers (25)

4x Professor Sycamore
2x N
1x Lysandre
3x Acro Bike
4x Ultra Ball
3x VS Seeker (this will be Trainers Mail irl)
2x Forest of Giant Plants
2x Special Charge
2x Choice Band
1x Float Stone
1x Revitalizer

Energy (8)

4x Basic Grass Energy

Let me know what you think!

Nice list, i love the idea of vespi and golisopod. I would think about swapping eveelutions for a couple of klefki and the machoke.

Nice list, i love the idea of vespi and golisopod. I would think about swapping eveelutions for a couple of klefki and the machoke.
I actually did a while ago xD just forgot to update the list. Currently I run 1 Eevee, 1 Flareon, 1 Vaporeon instead of a Klefki and Machoke. I also swapped both Forests for a Delinquent and a Lele since I got one. Thanks :)

Updated list:

Pokemon (28):

4x Vespiquen
4x Combee
3x Golisopod
3x Wimpod
1x Tapu Lele GX
2x Oranguru
1x Shaymin-EX
3x Klefki
4x Unown
1x Flareon
1x Vaporeon
1x Eevee

Trainers (24):

4x Sycamore
2x N
1x Lysandre
1x Delinquent
3x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
3x Acro Bike
1x Revitalizer
2x Special Charge
1x Float Stone
2x Choice Band

Energy (8):

4x Grass Energy

The deck struggles with consistency a bit, but is good otherwise. I may try cutting one Special Charge for a fourth Acro Bike.

I like the deck.
I think it should be competitive as long as can avoid matchups with Volcanion decks.
I can see why you may think it would have problems with Volc, but it actually runs roughshod over it! Vaporeon helps a ton and Golisopod one-shots Volcanion-EXs with either choice band or Vaporeon and Vespi can trade heavily in your favor. Thanks though :)

I can see why you may think it would have problems with Volc, but it actually runs roughshod over it! Vaporeon helps a ton and Golisopod one-shots Volcanion-EXs with either choice band or Vaporeon and Vespi can trade heavily in your favor. Thanks though :)

Yeah, I was looking at the original list when I posted that. Do you get much use of the Flareon?

Not too sure that double Oranguru is necessary. I would suggesting cutting one for either another Bike or a Super Rod.

Back