• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Golduck/Starmie (29/149-31/108)

xJaq7

Aspiring Trainer
When Sun & Moon dropped I was lost on what deck to make, this time around I wanted to try my own thing.
After a while I noticed Golduck (29/149) and realized I could synergize this with Starmie (31/108)

1109981.jpg
1105111.jpg

I wanted to build something that wouldn't be affected by the next rotation, so I want to use newer cards..
Golduck and Starmie already meet those standards as they are from the two newest sets.

Golduck Deck.png

I have built this deck and the only things I can see being rotated are VS Seeker 109/119, Unown 30/98 and Lysandre 78/98.
But i'd like to get feedback on what could be improved keeping in mind I want it to be standard legal after rotation.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 22

* 2 Eevee SUM 101
* 1 Flareon AOR 13
* 1 Jolteon AOR 26
* 4 Unown AOR 30
* 4 Psyduck SUM 28
* 4 Golduck SUM 29
* 1 Remoraid BKT 31
* 1 Octillery BKT 33
* 2 Staryu BKP 25
* 2 Starmie EVO 31

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 2 Rough Seas PRC 137
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 148
* 2 N FAC 105
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 8

* 8 Water Energy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Thanks

Last edited:
It looks OK, but Ability Lock destroys the deck. Straight up. You should run Fisherman/Energy Retrieval just in case. I like Fisherman more.

I would run Ultra Balls. They have good synergy with Water Energy as fodder and Octillery.

The Rough Seas should be dropped completely. All the Pokemon are 90 HP or less - they'll probably get OHKO'd anyways. Maybe run Silent Lab if it's still in rotation.

Drop the eevee stuff. I built this deck out with manaphy ex x1 articuno x1, regice x1. No shaymins needed. With manaphy no float stones needed. Dive balls. Why the hell do you have no dive balls. Lol this deck would brick hard. I'll post my build.later. I built it for my 5 year.old who had beaten every tier one deck
It's fast and consistent.

Drop the eevee stuff. I built this deck out with manaphy ex x1 articuno x1, regice x1. No shaymins needed. With manaphy no float stones needed. Dive balls. Why the hell do you have no dive balls. Lol this deck would brick hard. I'll post my build.later. I built it for my 5 year.old who had beaten every tier one deck
It's fast and consistent.
What can I get with Dive Ball that I can't with Level Ball?

Back