• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Gold Rush

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 16
Alolan Diglett x 4
Alolan Dugtrio x 4
Staryu BKP x 3
Starmie EVO x 3
Tapu Lele x2

Supporters - 10
Sycamore x 4
N x 1
Colress x 1
Guzma x 1
Lysandre x 1
Lusamine x 1
Fisherman x 1

Items/Stadiums - 26

Ultra Ball x 3
Level Ball x 3
Dowsing Machine x 1
Battle Compressor x2
VS Seeker x 4
Superior Energy Retrieval x 2
Choice Band x 3
Field Blower x 3
Rescue Stretcher x 2
Mt. Coronet x 3

Energy - 8

Metal x 8

The objective of this deck is to get your energy out into discard ASAP and use them to fuel a barrage of Dugtrio's Gold Rush attack, which does 30 damage for every metal energy you discard from hand.

Starmies are there to be the most reliable method of recycling energy turn after turn. If you have two benched, you can pull up 4 energy per turn, plus another two from your Mt. Coronet. This is 6x30 = 180, the magic number for KOing EX/GX basics, and this is without +30 from choice band, which puts you at 210, the magic number for most stage 1 GX.

Superior Energy Retrieval and Fisherman give you options if abilities are disabled. Lusamine will help you win the stadium war. Compressors let you dump metal directly into discard. Dowsing Machine is great here because it lets you recycle whatever item you need, you have a lot of ways to search the cards you need already so I feel computer search is a bit redundant by comparison.

Last edited:
This looks pretty good, but I am noticing a distinct lack of Brigette. How else do you plan on getting everything out, aside from playing all of your ball cards T1? I also understand you want energies in the discard, but 4 Sycamores and only 1 (technically 2) other draw supports? Here's what I would change:
  • -1 Ultra Ball, -1 Field Blower, -1-1 Dugtrio
  • +1 Level Ball, +1 Brigette ,+2 Draw Support (N or Cynthia)

Back