Glistomb or cursegar

konter5683

Rebecca Black <3
What are the pros and cons to each of these. I am making one for sure but want to know what you guys think. I tried both on RS and i like the play of Glistomb better, but what do you think.

Thanks

I think that CurseGar is slow,but GlisTomb is easy to play around.
If I had to pick between the 2 decks,I'd go with GlisTomb.

CurseGar is slow. If you can kill that Gengar with two energy, that could be the game as they struggle to get set-up. The Trainer lock hurts though, as does the Mime Wall. I've never played Glistomb, but a couple Warp Energy could murder you.

cursegar isnt slow because it uses 2 sf gar that can snipe 60 w/ one {P}. Glistomb is really annoying but if you can take out the gliscor ur in good shape.

blargh257 said:
cursegar isnt slow because it uses 2 sf gar that can snipe 60 w/ one {P}. Glistomb is really annoying but if you can take out the gliscor ur in good shape.

Umm... that's more of Mother Gengar. Cursegar uses two Gengar AR (Curse) and one Gengar SF. The idea of it is to use Shadow Skip and then switch back to your bench with a Spiritomb or Mr. Mime.

IMO, both are only OK. Glistomb is faster but has a hard time against decks that run Judge, or decks that use Warp Energy. The lock can be tedious though. Cursegar is just slow, but runs well when it gets going.

Both are good decks, but GlisTomb has to sacrifice all damage output except Poison + Burn to keep the Paralysis lock going, so IMO, CurseGar is the better deck.

cursegar is better because if your going up against garchomp c lvx and you start with a good hand and there able to cream you but you lvl up and dragon rush there other gligar or glisgor and also you should be able to knock out there BTS so they cant continue the lock

samhink1 said:
both terrible

Ok.. How about you Play my Cursegar(ish) gengar deck wendsday night and then if you win you can say that, but cursegar has performed well at many tournaments.

EDIT

Also I ask that if you are going to have me on your ignore list that you do not post in my threads. Thanks :)

yeah, glisctomb is definitely the inferior choice. Cursegar doesnt have any auto loses, and very few bad matchups. Judge hurts glictomb, and so does powerlock.

Glistomb loses if you get powerlocked once, can't keep BTS in play, or come against a chatot with your warp energies prized.

Cursegar can take all comers, but just happens to be somewhat slow.

I would definitely go with Cursegar. I have both decks built, and Glistomb really kind of blows. It's not fun to play or play against, and it only works in a timed battle setting (for the most part).

GlisTomb is faster but again is much more easy to play around.
Gengar is slower but has much more going for it, so it depends on your style IMO.

CurseGar not only stalls your opponent, but you as well. It's the better choice, and Glistomb doesn't work when Power Spray and Unown G come into play. I would definitely go CurseGar because its Trainer-locking ability hurts more of the metagame than Glistomb.

Back