• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Gliscor / Dusknoir

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
Pokemon:

• 4x Gligar BCR
    3x Gliscor PF
    2x Sigilyph LGT
    2x Duskull FLF
    2x Dusknoir BCR
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 2x Lysandre
    4x N
    3x Professor Sycamore
    2x Colress
    3x VS Seeker
    2x Professor's Letter
    2x Ultra Ball
    1x Startling Megaphone
    2x Muscle Band
    3x Rare Candy
    4x Crushing Hammer
    3x Enhanced Hammer
    2x Team Flare Grunt
    2x Fighting Stadium
Energy:

• 4x Strong Energy
    2x Rainbow Energy
    6x Fighting Energy

Strategy:
So the strategy is to use Gliscor to block off energies and Crushing Hammers, Enhanced Hammer, and Team Flare Grunt to take off the energies then use Dusknoir to prevent the active from being knocked out.

I wondered that as well but I'm guessing the strategy is to stop your opponent placing energy on the active with Gliscor so they cant afford the retreat cost. This plan will be completely scuppered if they play float stone or anything else that gives free retreat though so maybe some Hypnotoxic lasers and a Dragalge line would fit here if you can find the space for it?

NintendoAlian said:
Sorry. I meant being knocked out not retreating. Typo. :p
I'll fix that.

Or that. yeah.

Maximinn said:
I wondered that as well but I'm guessing the strategy is to stop your opponent placing energy on the active with Gliscor so they cant afford the retreat cost. This plan will be completely scuppered if they play float stone or anything else that gives free retreat though so maybe some Hypnotoxic lasers and a Dragalge line would fit here if you can find the space for it?

NintendoAlian said:
Sorry. I meant being knocked out not retreating. Typo. :p
I'll fix that.

Or that. yeah.

Well, if they play a switch or escape rope then they can get out of the lock.

Yeah it's not a foolproof strategy by any means. They cant switch indefinitely though so you would just trap the new active instead.

I might consider another Megaphone to get rid of Float Stones to run your opponent out of switching options faster or maybe even using Stunfisk in addition to or instead of Gliscor. Rumble prevents them from Retreating making Float Stones useless. I would suggest more VS Seeker to get back Lysandre to keep bringing up those heavy retreaters, but you already seem to be doing that.

The problem is space. I would like to play all of those cards but space is limited. I could take out the muscle bands for another megaphone and another VS Seeker, but 40 damage is better than 20. Besides I could do this: Submission Hold + Muscle Band + Fighting Stadium + 2x Weakness = 120.

There was just a card translated from Primal Clash, Crawdaunt.

Crawdaunt - Darkness - HP90
Stage 1 - Evolves from Corphish

Ability: Wild Pincers
When you play this Pokemon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon, you may discard an Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokemon.

[D][C][C] Crabhammer: 60 damage.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

NintendoAlian said:
Pokemon:

• 4x Gligar BCR
    3x Gliscor PF
    2x Sigilyph LGT
    2x Duskull FLF
    2x Dusknoir BCR

• 2x Lysandre
    4x N
    3x Professor Sycamore
    2x Colress
    3x VS Seeker
    2x Professor's Letter
    2x Ultra Ball
    1x Startling Megaphone
    2x Muscle Band
    3x Rare Candy
    4x Crushing Hammer
    3x Enhanced Hammer
    2x Team Flare Grunt
    2x Fighting Stadium
Energy:

• 4x Strong Energy
    2x Rainbow Energy
    6x Fighting Energy

Strategy:
So the strategy is to use Gliscor to block off energies and Crushing Hammers, Enhanced Hammer, and Team Flare Grunt to take off the energies then use Dusknoir to prevent the active from being knocked out.

This deck needs a way to stop retreating. Dragalge maybe?

AnUpsetEmoZebra said:
NintendoAlian said:
Pokemon:

• 4x Gligar BCR
    3x Gliscor PF
    2x Sigilyph LGT
    2x Duskull FLF
    2x Dusknoir BCR

• 2x Lysandre
    4x N
    3x Professor Sycamore
    2x Colress
    3x VS Seeker
    2x Professor's Letter
    2x Ultra Ball
    1x Startling Megaphone
    2x Muscle Band
    3x Rare Candy
    4x Crushing Hammer
    3x Enhanced Hammer
    2x Team Flare Grunt
    2x Fighting Stadium
Energy:

• 4x Strong Energy
    2x Rainbow Energy
    6x Fighting Energy

Strategy:

This deck needs a way to stop retreating. Dragalge maybe?

Well, I use hammers/Team Flare Grunt to discard energies while blocking them with Gliscor. So unless my opponent has a free retreat Pokemon, they can't retreat.

I've been testing out this deck, and instead of Dusknoir, I ran Machamp for more damage output, and because I let my cousin use my Dusknoirs for cities. I also started running 1 Hawlucha and it really helps.

NintendoAlian said:
I've been testing out this deck, and instead of Dusknoir, I ran Machamp for more damage output, and because I let my cousin use my Dusknoirs for cities. I also started running 1 Hawlucha and it really helps.

For this, I dropped Sigilyph, rainbow energies, and strong energies(because Bronzong wrecks it anyways, why give it another advantage). I also added 2 fighting energies

Back