• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard GLACEON GX/EX

guy

Aspiring Trainer
pokemon:
3 eevee(sum)
3 glaceon gx
2 glaceon ex
1 lele gx
1 manaphy ex
2 cosmog
1 cosmeom
1 solgaleo gx(new)

item:
1 evosoda
1 escape rope
2 rare candy
1 field blower
3 aqua patch
3 ultra ball

supporter:
1 team flare grunt
1 lusamine
3 gladion
2 n
2 lana
1 kukui
1 acerola
2 guzma

tool:
4 choice band

stadium:
2 brooklet hill

energy:
10 water energy
4 dce

I'm not sure if I understand the Solgaleo. I would run 1-2 Ninetales (regular and GX) and other pokemon to maximize bench damage like Necrozma, promo Tapu Koko and Tapu Fini GX. Retreat costs are generally pretty light, so you probably don't need the Manaphy either.

I would say to drop the Lanas, and Gladion I think is a 1-of. You'll need more draw support, maybe 4 Sycamore and 3-4 N. If you cut the Solgaleo, you can drop the candies for more room as well.

Really excited to see what Glaceon decks surface!

I'm not sure if I understand the Solgaleo. I would run 1-2 Ninetales (regular and GX) and other pokemon to maximize bench damage like Necrozma, promo Tapu Koko and Tapu Fini GX. Retreat costs are generally pretty light, so you probably don't need the Manaphy either.

I would say to drop the Lanas, and Gladion I think is a 1-of. You'll need more draw support, maybe 4 Sycamore and 3-4 N. If you cut the Solgaleo, you can drop the candies for more room as well.

Really excited to see what Glaceon decks surface!
the solgaleo from "solgaleo and lunala battle deck" the ability "your pokemon has no wickness

Hmm, the metal weakness is definitely scary, but I don't know if it warrants that much deck space for a counter that could just be Guzma'd up.
I would say to look for a fire tech of some kind instead. Also remember a lot of the new metal hype is going to be relying on abilities to really get going, and Glaceon blocks those:3

I don't see a lot of synergy between the EX and GX. Glaceon and Jolteon-EX are both generally weaker cards than they once were because decks tend to run both basic and evolution attackers.

Your supporter and item counts are pretty sketch. You have a huge investment in Gladion for what the card does, your N and Guzma counts are low and not running Sycamore is a huge mistake imo. Rare Candy isn't a card you can really run 2 of and have consistently when you need it. Escape Rope is more or less a dead item in the era of Guzma and Evosoda is completely unnecessary in this deck, you want to rare candy for Solg and you have Energy Evolution for Glaceon.

I'd dump the Solgaleo line, you're going to have issues with metal and Solg won't save you against it, especially not running such a thin line/support for it. As was said, Glaceon gets some solace in how it can shut abilities down, but Glaceon's ability only works when it's active. One Guzma and they get a turn of abilities which will often be enough for them to seal the game.

Glaceon-GX should be used as part of a bigger water deck IMO. You want to run a max Eevee count to guarantee you start with an Eevee and ideally a water energy t1 so you can set up lock before they have an ability to play Lele. Unlike the other t1 ability lock card, Wobbs, you don't lock your own abilities and it will block Lele.

Back