• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glaceon-EX / Jolteon-EX

How are you figuring Pokemon Ranger does not kill this deck? I understand every deck has a counter. This deck in turn is a counter deck by all means because of the pokemons second attack and its effect that prevents damage from either basic or evolution pokemon depending if you played Glaceon or Jolteon. The whole reason someone plays Jolteon or Glaceon is because of the effect of the attack. Why else would you waste time on an EX pokemon that does 70 base damage if there effect isn't that good? The way this meta is shaping out to be is Mega heavy. Not only Mega's, but heavy hitting mega's. M Ray and M Mewtwo can easily T2 or T4 OHKO a Glaceon or Jolteon. I say easy with M Mewtwo, it'll take some luck hitting some mega turbo's, but can be done. That all being said, Pokemon Ranger is a card that does shutdown this deck because it will eliminate the strategy of the deck with no counter. Some of you are probably already thinking,"well parallel city shuts down M Ray". No, it doesnt shut it down. You can simply play sky field to get rid of parallel city, super rod to get pokemon back and play more pokemon to the bench. This is a counter to make it more difficult for M Ray to attack, but doesnt shut it down. Pokemon Ranger shuts down Jolteon/Glaceon because all you can do is 70 damage a turn now with an EX and it'll take 4 turns, 3 with FFB, to KO most Mega's.
But if you miss the KO they can just heal it off with rough seas plus you waste your supporter so if you don't have enough pokemon/energies to knock it out you can't N or Sycamore to try to get them also once again Ranger only basically works for a turn, so at most you'll only get 2 prizes that turn

If you miss the KO, they're only healing 30 dmg from rough seas. Hardly enough damage to prevent a KO next turn. If you don't have the pokemon available from running Hoopa's then your M Ray deck should be re-evaluated. Regardless of Sky Field or not, it's either a 1 or 2 turn KO because Rough Seas still lets 5 be on the bench and hit for 150 dmg and you're still left doing only 70-80 dmg a turn taking 3-4 turns to make it an even prize trade. The Mega deck is still ahead in the prize race at this point. As far as M Mewtwo, with Glaceon, you're already giving M Mewtwo 160 dmg because of your 3 energy cards attached for Glaceon's attack. M Mewtwo would only be 2 energies away, or DCE from a OHKO. Again it's the same race. 1-2 turns for the Mega to KO Glaceon and 3-4 for Glaceon to KO the M Mewtwo. I understand your point about not being able to use your supporter that turn if you use Ranger, but there's other cards that can be tech'd to find what you need to get the energies (Shaymin, Trainers' Mail, Mega Turbo

How are you figuring Pokemon Ranger does not kill this deck? I understand every deck has a counter. This deck in turn is a counter deck by all means because of the pokemons second attack and its effect that prevents damage from either basic or evolution pokemon depending if you played Glaceon or Jolteon. The whole reason someone plays Jolteon or Glaceon is because of the effect of the attack. Why else would you waste time on an EX pokemon that does 70 base damage if there effect isn't that good? The way this meta is shaping out to be is Mega heavy. Not only Mega's, but heavy hitting mega's. M Ray and M Mewtwo can easily T2 or T4 OHKO a Glaceon or Jolteon. I say easy with M Mewtwo, it'll take some luck hitting some mega turbo's, but can be done. That all being said, Pokemon Ranger is a card that does shutdown this deck because it will eliminate the strategy of the deck with no counter. Some of you are probably already thinking,"well parallel city shuts down M Ray". No, it doesnt shut it down. You can simply play sky field to get rid of parallel city, super rod to get pokemon back and play more pokemon to the bench. This is a counter to make it more difficult for M Ray to attack, but doesnt shut it down. Pokemon Ranger shuts down Jolteon/Glaceon because all you can do is 70 damage a turn now with an EX and it'll take 4 turns, 3 with FFB, to KO most Mega's.
Pokemon Ranger is simply a challenge. Not every player is going to play it every turn. Nobody would waste all 4 VS Seekers on Pokemon Ranger. You have to keep draw up somehow. Topdecks don't always cut it.

depends on your strategy and the deck you're playing against. If I'm going against this deck and see Glaceon, and I'm running Mega deck, I'm either digging for ranger next turn after attack or lysandre up something else. It's just going to be too easy to get around the effect.

Back