• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Ghost & Co. (Dusknoir / Gourgeist)

AlanTheWeak

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 4x Gourgeist XY
    4x Pumpkaboo XY
    2x Dusknoir (sinister hand) BC
    2x Duskull FF
    1x Chandelure EX LT
    1x Mewtwo EX promo
    1x Mr. Mime Plasma
    1x Druddigon FF
Trainers/Supporter/Stadiums:

• 4x Professor Juniper
    2x Colress
    2x Lysandre
    2x N
    4x Skyla
    2x Pokemon Catcher
    1x Virbank City Gym
    4x Hypnotoxic Laser
    3x Rare candy
    1x Dowsing Machine
    4x Ultra Ball
    1x Sacred Ash
    1x Professors Letter
    1x Startling Megaphone
    2x Switch
Energy:

• 9x Psychic
    1x DCE
Strategy:

So i would like this deck to focus on utilizing both of gourgeist's attacks. Both throwing damage around the table while stalling the active pokemon and sniping bench pokemon. I saw Pooka from topcut had a similar deck and wanted to add to it. Dusknoir supports both of gourgeist's attacks, laserbank supports its Spirit scream attack. Splashed in a variety of Exs but having trouble figuring out which i should keep in. Also im new to the competitive scene, so interested in what cards i should consider adding to counter popular decks. I also am a little worried my trainer spread is a bit off, but i cant figure out what to change.

I would appreciate any feedback or advice!

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

I loved this deck idea. It seems to work better than a similar idea I tried to use around Kyurem's Glaciate.

You won't need Lysandre or Catcher when playing Dusknoir.

I am not sure if Virbank if really needed, you should be able to land damage enough with your attacks and use Hypnotoxic only to combo with Spirit Scream.

You will want Evosoda in this, so your Gourgeist line appears faster.

This deck suffers against Garbordor and Seismitoad. You will want to have at least one more Megaphone and try to find a way around that frog. Lysandre and Catcher aren't reliable enough for that.

I wouldn't play Chandelure EX in this. His first attack is worse than Gourgeist's for the mechanic we are going for and it is an EX. The amount of 170 damage decks are quite high with Furious Fist and it might not be worth to use it.

I myself don't like Druddigon as a tech. It uses a DCE and hits 90 for just one turn, it is only good for Revenge Killing Kyurems. Milktank is more versitile and less heavy on the energy side.

As we are on Techs, Mr. Mime might not be that needed, not that much bench attackers in this meta.

As for Mewtwo, I myself don't like playing with if, despite its huge power, but I leave that to you, as this is personal opinion.

I would maybe lower Gourgeist line to 3-3 and maybe rise sacred ash to 2, but I leave that as a Suggestion.

So, all in all:

-2 Lysandre
-2 Catcher
-1 Druddigon
-1 Chandelure EX
-1 Mr. Mime

+3 Evosoda
+2 Milktank
+2 Switch
+1 Sacred Ash
+1 Stadium

For the Stadium, you might choose between Virbank or swap it for another, like Training Center. The point is having 2 Stadiums, so you can get out of Mountain Ring settings or keep the game flowing your way when Stadium Wars happen, which will be common with the new Stadium Cards.

I was also thinking about setting a Seismitoad EX for a early game attacker, but that would require messing with the DCE count and maybe swapping Dowsing for Computer Search and dropping Mewtwo EX.

Also, lately I have been playing with Pokémon Fan Club and found it to be extremely useful if used correctly, you should try.

I run 2 frozen city in my Goirgeist Eeveelutions deck. My pokemon generally hit for one energy while my opponents seem to run fire/water decks needing 3 basic. Something else to play test.

I/ve been playing this deck for a few months til now, and believe me, you will need the Lysandre, cause is the only way to get Seismitoad out of the way, it's a tools deck and if the lock kills the all deck. So, Lysandre, and not sure about the 3-3 gourgeist line yet. Cause in theory you'll get the cards... in practice, you wont...

Fianlly, I think this deck will be OP, in a few months form now, when Xerosic, and Phantom stadium be hiting the tables...

Last thought.... I love Dusknoir, but, sometimes, doesnt make the difference... maybe other guys deserve its place.

You won't need Lysandre or Catcher when playing Dusknoir...

catcher. lazer. gourgiest second attack. ohko on any ex. profit?

Unfortunately, you can't use any items whilst Seismetoad is using Quaking Punch, ergo Dusknoir not only requires you to set up with his stage one, but you also can't play any Lasers to KO the likes of Seismetoad. They also typically run Garbodor, as well, making Dusknoir extremely difficult to use on both fronts.

If anything, I think you should consider running a secondary spread user to counter the likes of Garbodor and Seismetoad, otherwise I think that deck is almost your autoloss. Perhaps you could consider running, instead of a Druddigon (no one is playing anything Dragon right now that is weak to Dragon), perhaps you should consider beefing up that Mewtwo line, and instead of, say, two Catcher (Catcher is really only good when you're running a deck like Sigilyph or Pyroar that autoloses Garbodor), you could use one or two more Double Colorless?

This is another suggestion that could replace my other one. Seeing as Virizion / Genesect is another difficult matchup, what if you ran, instead of Druddigon and two Catchers, you could replace them with Victini EX and Victory Piece as to counter Vir/Gen in a ridiculous manner (turn one Victini + Victory Piece is amazing) as well as having a good start to power up Gourgeist efficiently?

I ran Gourgeist-Dusknoir for a while last season too; following are some comments for your consideration:

• In order to help you setup your bench, Call for Family, for example Dedenne, are good starting Poké too.
  • Another option to help setup your bench is to use Pokémon Fan Club. In this case, you may want to also consider adding a few Bicycle in order to provide some Item-based card draw support.
  • Item-lock decks seem to be quite prevalent now; so, you may want to incorporate a Dusclops.
  • Given the relative "low" HP of most of your Poké, chances are you ma play "from behind" in prize count often. So, Ns should be maxed out, IMO.
  • There are a number of other Poké that have great damage output/energy cost ratios: Leafeon (PF), Landorus EX, Chandelure EX, etc. and are worthy of inclusion consideration.
I'd suggest the following changes for your consideration:

• -1 Mewtwo EX. Not an "ideal" starter and requires CC energy to attack.
  • -1 Druddingon. Does not seem to "fit" the "theme" of the deck; plus, you need your opponent to KO one of your Poké via damage in order to effectively use its Revenge attack (which your opponent may not do to KO your Poké). Secondly, Druddingon's first attack requires CC energy cost.
  • -1 Professor Juniper. 3 should be sufficient, IMO.
  • -1 Skyla. 3 should be sufficient, IMO.
  • -2 Pokémon Catcher. Since the strategy is to primarily drop and move damage counters, these are not critical to the deck. However, they do serve the purpose of bringing an opponent's benched Poké to the active position (IF you flip heads) to perhaps buy you time. But, the Lysandre can serve that purpose, if need be. Otherwise, consider replacing these too.
  • -1 Virbank City. Not really needed, IMO, since any non-Verdant Wind protected Poké will be KOd with Gourgeist's Spirit Scream attack with the Stadium.
  • -1 Ultra Ball. 3 should be sufficient, IMO.
  • +1 Chandelure EX. Good starter for this deck.
  • +1 Cassius / Pokémon Center Lady. To help wounded EX Poké and/or remove Status Conditions.
  • +2 Pokémon Fan Club. To help setup your bench, especially if/when you need to drop 2 Duskulls onto your bench.
  • +2 Bicycle. Item-based card draw support. You can also get this with a Skyla too when needed.
  • +2 N. Opponent's hand disruption and card-draw support.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

@Addzmann

I don't know about where you are playing, but nowadays the use of EX pokémon has been diminishing. A deck either capitalizes on it and mostly attack with EX or just won't run any in fear of having it pulled by Lysandre and OHKO, so people are figuring ways to build decks with less and less EX as techs.

Also, with this deck, you don't need to be in a hurry to win. In fact, you can just take your time to slowly gather enough damage on the opponents table.

@Kecleon

I see where you are getting with the Seismitoad thing. The thing is, this frog is absurd. There is no realiable counter for it that doesn't require even the minimun use of items. I myself took this list and included 2 Seismitoad EX myself, so I can item lock my opponent while I get my Gourgeists set.

For Garbodor, just gather enough damage to knock it out, spread on the opponents pokémon, and play a Megaphone with the right timing. The only thing that prevents you to do that is if a Seismitoad EX has been hitting you, but then again, I am yet to find a good counter for it.

I am guessing we could run some Leafeon line to hit it, maybe include a Silver Bangle. Leafeon FRF goes for a 2HKO, putting the frog to sleep and Leafeon PLF could OHKO, depending on how much energies your opponent has set.

Or we can just suicide a Gourgeist (using the Pain Scream attack and then being KOd by the next Seismitoad attack) just to promote another Gourgeist (heck, even a Pumpkaboo or Duskull would do) to finish the job. The prize trade is fair.

I rather not use Mewtwo EX, but your idea is good and this could be a nice choice, maybe even help to counter Seismitoad.

Luxiel said:
Also, with this deck, you don't need to be in a hurry to win. In fact, you can just take your time to slowly gather enough damage on the opponents table.
Not neccesarily... The HP of most of this deck's Poké is relatively "low" giving the opponents "easy" 1HKO opportunities. Also, opponents will definitely KO the Duskulls when they hit the bench if possible; so, Sinister Hand can be countered. In addition, Garbotoxin can counter Sinister Hand too.

Luxiel said:
The thing is, this frog is absurd. There is no realiable counter for it that doesn't require even the minimun use of items
I've found Leafeon (PF) to be highly effective against Seismitoad EX even with imposed Item-lock. I've also found that Pumpkaboo's Confusion attack helps too against the Toad.

TuxedoBlack said:
Not neccesarily... The HP of most of this deck's Poké is relatively "low" giving the opponents "easy" 1HKO opportunities. Also, opponents will definitely KO the Duskulls when they hit the bench if possible; so, Sinister Hand can be countered. In addition, Garbotoxin can counter Sinister Hand too.

This made me think about running Trainig Center or Hard Charms, but I guess the focus would be to gather damage early game and go for OHKOs later. Point being Lysandre might do some help, but more circunstancial than not.

As for Garbordor, I go for 2 Megaphones and look for a good timing.

TuxedoBlack said:
I've found Leafeon (PF) to be highly effective against Seismitoad EX even with imposed Item-lock. I've also found that Pumpkaboo's Confusion attack helps too against the Toad.

I figured Pumpkaboo's attack would help in some way. I might go for a 1-1 Leafeon PLF in this. Maybe even fit an Espeon PLF for drawing support early in the game, but I guess that might not work well.

I was meaning to ask you what you thing about running Frozen City in this deck? I mean, all of its attackers (even if we include Seismitoad EX, Dedenne, another Call for Family or even Chandelure EX) can attack for 1 energy attachment and Frozen City can really hinder my opponent's moves.

Back