Ghetsis, Hex Maniac, and More Banned from Expanded Format!

Ok, so the expression of my avatar kinda matches mine at the moment.

Seriously, Ghetsis? Hex??? Hex was one of the best Expanded trainers. That's absurd. And Puzzle...who made these decisions? Who approved of this?

As i have said they wanted to hurt LonZoro most likely. I personally think that they made a mistake when they printed Zoroark-Gx but do you really think they can go back on this and ban the wolf? Trade is an obvious disaster to the game, especially in expanded.

As i have said they wanted to hurt LonZoro most likely. I personally think that they made a mistake when they printed Zoroark-Gx but do you really think they can go back on this and ban the wolf? Trade is an obvious disaster to the game, especially in expanded.

If all they wanted to do is nerf Zoroark then they should have just banned Propagation and Puzzles imo. Getting rid of Hex is a huuuge mistake.

How I feel about all the bans:

Wally: Trevenant can go step on a Lego in the dark

Ghetsis: Turn 1 item denial is too good, been calling for this ban for a long time

Puzzle of Time: You shouldn't be able to get back Ace Specs without using your attack/supporter for the turn, this one definitely needed to happen.

Hex Maniac: I do see why this creates a problem competitively, similarly to ghetsis, but it was the biggest thing keeping decks like Rotom in check! Now what are we gonna do, tech a stage 1 Alolan Muk into every deck???

How I feel about all the bans:

Wally: Trevenant can go step on a Lego in the dark

Ghetsis: Turn 1 item denial is too good, been calling for this ban for a long time

Puzzle of Time: You shouldn't be able to get back Ace Specs without using your attack/supporter for the turn, this one definitely needed to happen.

Hex Maniac: I do see why this creates a problem competitively, similarly to ghetsis, but it was the biggest thing keeping decks like Rotom in check! Now what are we gonna do, tech a stage 1 Alolan Muk into every deck???

How to beat Rotom: play Jolteon-Ex with Magearna in Ninja Box. Problem solved.

Wally I can see because of trev, and nice to see they banned the card that broke the combo, not the combo itself like they did with maxies. But I see no reason to ban Puzzle! If you go around banning puzzle you might just go and ban VS Seeker as well!
Actually, Archeops is still broken even without Maxie's, you play it down turn 2 if you go first, and they still can't play any evolutions for the whole game. Play it like Donk LatiosEX, and it isn't hard to pull off, especially since the undisputed best deck in expanded relies heavily on stage 1's.

I disagree with Hex Maniac's ban, but the others make sense. (Wally's obviously for things like Trevenant, and otherwise would see basically zero play anyway.)

Sucks to see puzzles banned as it was always a fun combo, guess this means Diance just got more valuable. Surprised sky field, and battle compressor weren't banned.

Pokemon Organized Play said:
Ghetsis and Hex Maniac were identified as cards that stifle creativity and prevent several kinds of strategies from being viable

Ah yes, the creativity of trying to prevent your opponent from curb stomping you. Now we are truly free!

this is stupid... I mean buzzwole is going to rule all formats and now we must come up with new ways to use cards like those... whats next N is going to be banned for being a bad card for the late game...

Edit - What about the people who bought singles of the hex maniac from the XY collection box who spent a good chunk of cash on the 1st sales to get one of those without having to buy the whole box.
Wait, those are actually valuable? Or were anyways

Ah yes, the creativity of trying to prevent your opponent from curb stomping you. Now we are truly free!
It goes both ways. More often then not Ghetsis and Hex Maniac were "Win More" cards then enabled players to curb stomp harder and kick a player while they're down

this is stupid... I mean buzzwole is going to rule all formats and now we must come up with new ways to use cards like those... whats next N is going to be banned for being a bad card for the late game...

Edit - What about the people who bought singles of the hex maniac from the XY collection box who spent a good chunk of cash on the 1st sales to get one of those without having to buy the whole box.

what about them? buying singles is a gamble, not an investment.

well here comes buzzwole to take over expanded lol

imo if they're gonna ban puzzle ban beast ring too
Expanded Format

Expanole Format

Ezzwole Format

Buzzwole Format
*Buzzwole pokes head around corner* Did someone call me?

Man, you people make it sound like

PVIDsnq.png

(crappy thing I did in GIMP really quick, please excuse the low quality)

Honestly, Zoroark could probably start running Milotic with a bit of retooling. Is there a Feebas with more than 30 HP?

Other than Zoroark, the real problem with Puzzle of Time is that it made a lot of control decks viable. Sableye Garbodor is back to being a really difficult deck to pilot, if it is at all possible. In fact, I can't think of a control deck that doesn't use puzzle of time to great effect.
There is a Feebas in Dragon Majesty that has the Submerge ability

Back