• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gengar EX / Wobbuffet / Crobat

Windfish

Aspiring Trainer
So I built this deck and realized that I was 3 cards over the limit! I have tried thinning it down myself, but I cannot seem to make the painful decisions. I am also greedy and would like to include, somehow, a Safeguard Sigilyph, 2 more draw Supporters, and a Teammates! Help!

Pokémon:

• 4 x Wobbuffet (PHF 36/119)
  • 2 x Gengar EX
  • 4 x Crobat (PHF 33/119)
  • 4 x Golbat (PHF 32/119)
  • 4 x Zubat (PHF 31/119) (working on getting PLS Zubat)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 x Professor Sycamore
  • 2 x N
  • 2 x Colress
  • 1 x Pokémon Fan Club
  • 1 x AZ
  • 1 x Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 1 x Computer Search
  • 4 x Ultra Ball
  • 4 x Super Scoop Up
  • 2 x Bicycle
  • 3 x VS Seeker
  • 4 x Dimension Valley
  • 2 x Enhanced Hammers
  • 2 x Lysandre
Energy:
  • 6 x Psychic Energy
  • 4 x Special Energy
Strategy:

Wobbuffet in the active spot slows down or altogether shuts down decks - it's Bide Barricade ability nullifies the abilities of other non-pyshic Pokémon as long as Wobbuffet is in the active. It's Psychic Assualt attack does a base 10 damage plus 10 more for every damage counter on the active Pokémon. This is where the bats come in - they set up KOs for Wobbuffet with Sneaky Bite (Golbat) and Surprise Bite (Crobat). Gengar EX's Dark Corridor attack deals 60 damage and inflicts the Poison special condition. It also has the effect of switching it to the bench. You switch to Wobbuffet, to keep it in the active. It's a terrific strategy against Shaymin.

I've found that running 1 Pokémon Fan Club and 4 Ultra Balls in a Bats deck is less effective than 1 PFC, 2/3 Ultra Balls and 2 Repeat Balls. The 4x +2 cards discard cost can be quite "expensive" at times. Also, should the Lysandre's Trump Card be prized, the 4 UBs' discard cost can have a more negative impact, IMO.

So, I'd suggest the following for your consideration:

-1 Dimension Valley. 3 should be sufficient, IMO.
-1 Ultra Ball

+2 Repeat Ball

I hope you find these comments helpful.

IMO running a 4-4-4 line of Crobat when you have 4 Ultra Ball and 4 Scoop Up is just a bad choice. I'd do 4-3-3, even if you get a crobat or Golbat prized, you still Scoop Up's and Ultra Ball out the ass, so that could be some free room.

Back