• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Genesect EX/Virizion EX deck

Daenordus

Heya! Wie geht's?
Genesect EX x4
Virizion EX x4
Emolga x2
Total Pokémon: 10
-------
Ghetsis x2
Skyla x4
Cheren x3
N x4
Shadow Triad x4
Plasma Badge x2
Pokemon Catcher x2
Hypnotoxic Laser x2
Colress Machine x3
Escape Rope x3
Energy Retrieval x2
Super Rod x1
Ultra Ball x3
G-Booster x1

Total Trainers: 35
-------
Plasma Energy x4
Grass Energy x11
Total Energy: 15

I still need to engineer this deck. As of right now it doesn't look very good except against maybe a Keldeo deck.
My strategy is to power up Genesect with Virizion, and use G-Booster to hit with 200 flat damage. This damage isn't even affected by the all powerful Eviolite.

This only has 47 cards, and the item lines seem really anemic. It needs more supporters, more colress machine, probably less plasma frigate, and a strategy before anyone can critique it very well. And I really don't get the point of the amoongus line.

Violetwisp said:
This only has 47 cards, and the item lines seem really anemic. It needs more supporters, more colress machine, probably less plasma frigate, and a strategy before anyone can critique it very well. And I really don't get the point of the amoongus line.

The amoonguss partnered with ghestis are very annoying to opponents and have seen a few victories in Japan.

SheNinja said:
Strategy?

Genesect ex is the main attacker with Verizion ex being the energy accelerator. Amoonguss and Ghestis are the nuisances, annoying opponents.

You have to post the translations inside the thread, even if they already have been translated.

Daenordus said:
Violetwisp said:

The amoonguss partnered with ghestis are very annoying to opponents and have seen a few victories in Japan. The problem is that the deck that did well at the Battle Carnival was built around Ghetsis/ Amoonguss. Your deck seems to just splash it in for no apparent reason.

Blah said:
Please post translations for cards that have not been released yet. Thank you :)
All cards I have are already translated, otherwise I'd love to help you guys out. G-Booster and Genesect EX haven't been released in English. In-thread translations are useful for easy reference, kay?

SheNinja said:
Strategy?

Genesect ex is the main attacker with Verizion ex being the energy accelerator. Amoonguss and Ghestis are the nuisances, annoying opponents.

Comments in Purple

EDIT: One more thing: Your Virizion EX translation is incorrect. The real one, from the front page is:
Megalo Cannon spoiler said:
Virizion-EX - Grass - HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Spring Breeze
Pokemon with [G] Energy attached to them cannot be affected by Special Conditions. (Remove all Special Conditions from your Pokemon with [G] Energy attached to them.)

[G][C] Emerald Slash: 50 damage. You can attach 2 [G] Energy from your deck to one of your Benched Pokemon. If you do, shuffle your deck afterwards.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 1

Cobalt said:
Daenordus said:
The amoonguss partnered with ghestis are very annoying to opponents and have seen a few victories in Japan. The problem is that the deck that did well at the Battle Carnival was built around Ghetsis/ Amoonguss. Your deck seems to just splash it in for no apparent reason.

All cards I have are already translated, otherwise I'd love to help you guys out. G-Booster and Genesect EX haven't been released in English. In-thread translations are useful for easy reference, kay?

Comments in Purple

EDIT: One more thing: Your Virizion EX translation is incorrect. The real one, from the front page is:
Megalo Cannon spoiler said:
Virizion-EX - Grass - HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Spring Breeze
Pokemon with [G] Energy attached to them cannot be affected by Special Conditions. (Remove all Special Conditions from your Pokemon with [G] Energy attached to them.)

[G][C] Emerald Slash: 50 damage. You can attach 2 [G] Energy from your deck to one of your Benched Pokemon. If you do, shuffle your deck afterwards.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 1

Well, can you suggest what to add or subtract?

Emolga is better than shaymin. You won't want to attack with either one, and Emolga resists landorus and has free retreat. And, I just noticed, there's no catchers. I know genesect's ability grants a psudo-catcher, but I'd say take out two lasers at least for two catchers. You're probably not going to be the only one using Verizion EX. Last comment is I would possibly say run at least a super rod instead of an energy removal, because getting energy back into the deck to re-accelerate with Verizion is probably a good option.

This is all speculation, of course, as we're not even positive what the current rotation will be when this set comes out.

Violetwisp said:
Emolga is better than shaymin. You won't want to attack with either one, and Emolga resists landorus and has free retreat. And, I just noticed, there's no catchers. I know genesect's ability grants a psudo-catcher, but I'd say take out two lasers at least for two catchers. You're probably not going to be the only one using Verizion EX. Last comment is I would possibly say run at least a super rod instead of an energy removal, because getting energy back into the deck to re-accelerate with Verizion is probably a good option.

This is all speculation, of course, as we're not even positive what the current rotation will be when this set comes out.

Thanks, but which Emolga again?

Something else I noticed, you may want to add anywhere from 1-3 Shadow Triad. It's a supporter that allows you to take a plasma card from your discard pile and add it to your hand. You're probably going to need it to get back your G-booster when your first Genesect goes down or it gets scrappered away.
-1 Shaymin EX. You had 11 pokemon, not 10
-2 Ghestis. It's a great card, but not a 4 of in my opinion. You can't really use them two turns in a row.
-2 Plasma Frigate. You're not susceptible to virbank city gym, and I don't really see fire being popular enough to justify this. It may be, but I don't really anticipate it.
-1 Skyla. If I add three supporters, I take out 3 supporters. But skyla is best ran at 3 in my opinion.

+3 Shadow Triad.
+2 Plasma Badge. This is a tool that causes any pokemon it's attached to to become a plasma pokemon. I like this with verizionEX for two reasons. First, it counters the stadium Frozen City, which causes 20 damage to anything that isn't a plasma pokemon whenever you attach an energy to it. The second is it allows you to Colress Machine to VerizionEX, giving you the potential to get a first turn Emerald Slash.

Violetwisp said:
Something else I noticed, you may want to add anywhere from 1-3 Shadow Triad. It's a supporter that allows you to take a plasma card from your discard pile and add it to your hand. You're probably going to need it to get back your G-booster when your first Genesect goes down or it gets scrappered away.
-1 Shaymin EX. You had 11 pokemon, not 10
-2 Ghestis. It's a great card, but not a 4 of in my opinion. You can't really use them two turns in a row.
-2 Plasma Frigate. You're not susceptible to virbank city gym, and I don't really see fire being popular enough to justify this. It may be, but I don't really anticipate it.
-1 Skyla. If I add three supporters, I take out 3 supporters. But skyla is best ran at 3 in my opinion.

+3 Shadow Triad.
+2 Plasma Badge. This is a tool that causes any pokemon it's attached to to become a plasma pokemon. I like this with verizionEX for two reasons. First, it counters the stadium Frozen City, which causes 20 damage to anything that isn't a plasma pokemon whenever you attach an energy to it. The second is it allows you to Colress Machine to VerizionEX, giving you the potential to get a first turn Emerald Slash.
Thanks!

Back