Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
My friend and I each bought the Darkrai and Dialga theme decks and found 1 of our holos to be damaged. His Darkrai is scratched all along the bottom, and my Dialga has a single very visible scratch next to its moves. Has anyone else experienced this problem with damaged holos? These are straight out of the deck boxes, not even to the sleeve yet.

They may have gotten scratched from the sorting machines that sort the cards. It is rare but it does happen. Exchange the decks for new one as long as you have not open the cards. As long as the seal is not broken on the cards them self you should be able to get a refund and get your dough back. (dough in other words means money.):)

My bro bought a trainer kit and it's manaphy has saw-like edges. We're proud of it, though. The cardboard cutting machine went wrong.

If you Email PUSA, they can replace the card for you for free. I've had some cards that were damaged in packaging, and they replaced em for me.

When I pulled the Darkrai from the deck it had what looked like scuff marks on the bottom. I got a dry cloth and wiped it down and the marks went away. I guess some type of substance (oil?) got on it.

I've seen cards come out of booster packs like that, with a huge scratch (about the width of a razor blade) through the holofoil.

Quality control at PUI seems to be lacking lately.

I pulled a Togekiss from a Booster Pack. There was a large scratch, not only on the Holofoil, but the whole card. No, it's not a Reverse Holo. It's a regular holo. I'm pretty mad at this. Also, I noticed. When I was opening my GE Box, I found that NONE of the Reverse Holos were 100% mint condition. They had few scratches along the card. The quality of cards are really ticking me off now.

Heh, well, I bought the Dialga and the Darkrai theme deck (I needed the Basic Energies and some cards, basically, since I haven't been to any GE prereleases) and all my cards were mint. I'm so glad right now for I didn't buy another booster box...
I suppose, though, that any damaged cards from the packs will be refunded by Nintendo. I once had a damaged Prerelease card and got a new one too, so I think they take this rather serious.

I pulled a Swablu a few days ago, and I didn't even notice it had this grease on it. I was examing all my cards, and I noticed that this Swablu had some grease on it. It looked like the stuff that they put on Lottery Tickets, you know "scrath this off to see if you've won". The "this" is what appeared to be on my Swablu.
I scratched it off, and it took the paint right off. It was positioned above the attacks, but below the picture, so scratching it took off most of it's first attack and some of the lovely picture. I was so sad.
I also have a Sandslash with a "saw" bottom.

I bought a theme deck, and most of the cards in it had yellow dots on them. The ones most noticeable where the energy cards, with yellow dots on them.

This is ridiculous... It's ironic... When boxes are being sold individually, you'd think they would take more time and care to get it right, but in fact it's the exact opposite... To pump 'em out faster, the quality may need to be reduced.

I have not found problems with mine yet, but I'm guessing I'll notice some soon enough.

Almost all of the DP series reverse holos I have are damaged, hopefully PUSA gets this fixed soon, it's only a matter of time before someone gets a damaged Lv.X card.

None of the Australian ones were damaged. (At our PR at least.) so my guess is it got bumped around in transport or at the store you bought it from...

Or that batch of Theme Deck's was cut by a bodgy cutter. :p.

Just noticed one more thing. Some cards in my box had scratches on them. Haven't even touched them. (Except when I was removing them into my file) :/

My first DP pack had a Reverse Chatot with a small scratch going from the first attack to the second attack's energy costs.

DogMaster40 said:
Almost all of the DP series reverse holos I have are damaged, hopefully PUSA gets this fixed soon, it's only a matter of time before someone gets a damaged Lv.X card.

I think I remember hearing that once somebody got a Honchy X that had an ink line down the card. But, it was already an eroor pack, because he pulled Gardy X in the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back