• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gardevoir GX/ Sylveon GX (Help)

Francisco Marin

Aspiring Trainer
I've been using this list and have found it to be very inconsistent. I don't know if it's just me having bad luck 10 matches in a row, but anyways any suggestions would be welcomed :)

##Pokémon - 17

* 3 Eevee SUM 101
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Ralts BUS 91
* 1 Tapu Lele UPR 94
* 1 Kirlia BUS 92
* 2 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Switch CES 147
* 4 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 1 Eneporter FLI 106
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Judge BKT 143
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Max Potion GRI 128

##Energy - 11

* 7 Fairy Energy GEN 83
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This is a nice build, very similar to mine. What are you finding are your biggest issues?

The nest balls are a great way to get your Sylveon on the field, but there seems to be quite a lack of Fairy energy, thats 1 in every ten cards. I have 12, and use energy recycler, fisherman and such to get them back. It looks like you might lose a Sylveon in the process of magical ribbon-ing the rest of your bench?

Consider Cutiefly/ Ribombee, I use Rimbombee ability 'Honey Gather' to get two Fairy energy to prep my bench. I also just found a Fairy Comfey Guardians Rising that has Ability: Flower Shield, Your Fairy Pokemon are unaffected by Special Conditions.

This is a nice build, very similar to mine. What are you finding are your biggest issues?

The nest balls are a great way to get your Sylveon on the field, but there seems to be quite a lack of Fairy energy, thats 1 in every ten cards. I have 12, and use energy recycler, fisherman and such to get them back. It looks like you might lose a Sylveon in the process of magical ribbon-ing the rest of your bench?

Consider Cutiefly/ Ribombee, I use Rimbombee ability 'Honey Gather' to get two Fairy energy to prep my bench. I also just found a Fairy Comfey Guardians Rising that has Ability: Flower Shield, Your Fairy Pokemon are unaffected by Special Conditions.

This is my newest list and is definitely more consistent
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 4 Ralts BUS 91
* 1 Tapu Lele UPR 94
* 1 Kirlia BUS 92
* 2 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Judge BKT 143
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 1 Max Potion GRI 128
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Switch CES 147

##Energy - 14

* 10 Fairy Energy GEN 83
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

My son plays Gardevoir and the main issue we've had is looking for a replacement for T1 Brigette and T2 Gardevoir.
We've taken the stance now (rightly or wrongly) that it's better to strive for a T2 Garde, rather than getting a full-ish bench out.

Had a play with Sylveon vs Steven's Resolve/Nest Ball, and preferring the latter. He's playing in a Cup on Saturday so proof will be in the playing!

Obviously that doesn't help your situation if you really want to play Sylveon!

However, if you're going Max Potion/Acerola (would go bigger on them) then you're not planning big KOs, so you don't need as many energy, but more a means of getting energy back from discard (which you don't have, in Energy Retrieval, or similar).

You could try Pokemon Fan Club instead of Lillie, plus a Pal Pad for getting Cynthia/Guzma back.

I think this deck has tons of potential, but it has a ways to go. Let me give you a couple of my suggestions. (You don't have to use these, I'm also not a pro yet. x3)

1# Alolan Ninetales GX
Alolan Ninetales GX is such a amazing card, and great for any Stage 2 or Evolution decks, because it lets you search for 2 items whenever you evolve it. This isn't really a suggestion, but more like my personal preference, because it doesn't look like your going for a Beacon deck. However, if you have any extra spaces later on in your deck, I would highly recommend adding it.

2# Tapu Lele UPR
I'm not completely sure why you added it, unless you had a strategy going on. It isn't a terrible card, but you have way more powerful options you could use in it's spot. (Such as adding Ninetales, as I stated above!) However, you do have a 4/2 Sylveon GX line going on. I understand you want an Eevee in your starting hand, which is a great idea. However, you'd always have two Eevees left over, so I recommend adding another Sylveon GX (or even +2 more, if you really wanted to reach).

Besides that, your deck looks great! Sylveon GX is an amazing card when used correctly, and I feel this deck can achieve it. One last suggestion is to possibly add a Professor Elms Lecture, if you really wanted to set up a good bench early into the game. I don't know what card you'd drop for it, but it would do wonders for this deck. I hope this helped at all! Please also don't take these critiques too seriously, I don't mean to be offensive at all. If you ever need more help just ask.

Back